The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
how to get such a guitar stereo image..?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

how to get such a guitar stereo image..?

hey guys i was wondering how this guitar is recorded: https://youtu.be/07P8XAZKbtg (0:00-0:20) i don't know how to get such a stereo image.. for example the squeaky pluck of the guitar sounds like it starts from the right side and goes to the left. maybe such a stereo image and perfect panning is possible with recording two guitars, but it sounds like only one.. i thought it's a special stereo recording technique and watched that tutorial: https://youtu.be/ybCV8JqfhJU (on 3:36 you'll hear the different techniques)
but thats not the same.
what do you think??
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

This is exactly what you get when you double-track (that is: two separate performances, each recorded in mono), and pan the two takes hard left and right. The performance needs to be tight - and, most likely, edited for extra tightness. Things like fret noises when sliding will, at least for me, frequently be the most variable part of the performance, hence you'll occasionally experience it shifting in the stereo field if one slide is especially squeaky on one take or the other (or, conversely, especially quiet).
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search