The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic Pro Error Message -10010
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Logic Pro Error Message -10010

Hello people,

I've seen this question asked on here but not under my circumstances so I don't know if this makes any difference but this is utterly confusing to someone who is fairly new to home recording and also Logic (started off using Reason)

If we could keep it to very basic terminology that would be appreciated as I really don't know a whole lot of technicalities when it comes to sound engineering/production. haha :/

I don't know my specs off the top of my head but I can get them when I am home if that helps but I have a Macbook Pro with 8GB ram and a good 5 GB memory left on the hardrive. We have recently recorded 4/5 songs using logic and these songs have varied from having 6 up to 47 audio tracks within them. We had NO problems when recording these songs.... maybe a tad slow to export tracks as audio but other than that, no error messages and no issues.

Now it might be worth mentioning that for the first 3 or 4 tracks we stupidly couldnt work out that without Advanced Tools ON, when you create a new audio track we couldnt find the "I want to hear my instruments as I am playing" tick box. Thinking that this was due to our settings we had configured for each track,instead of saving the project file and creating a new... we just exported all the tracks and then deleted all the tracks bar one and started the new song over the now deleted old project... hope you;re still with me! haha This might mean absolutely jack all... but because this error is regarding disk space/potentially ram... I wasn't sure whether these project files may be running still somehow. Just seems odd that after 5 songs with over 100 audio tracks recorded it decides now it can't manage to record 3 audio tracks without this error message come up.

Before you suggest... we have tried changing the Buffer to all other options and whilst higher seemed to work it was only temporary before f***ing up again. As a temp solution we exported each audio track after completion and then at the end added all tracks back in to bounce an mp3. A friend of mine who uses logic says he has this issue BUT it's happened since he started using it so the fact our is randomly doing it after hours and hours of recording is a bit odd.

If it keeps playing up and no one here has a solution that works then I will probably go back to Reason 9 as it already seems much more user friendly haha
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Logic is telling you that this project is running out of CPU/RAM disk space.

You can read elsewhere that it is (maybe) best practice to have 10% of your disk space free. Free up as much disk space as possible. And run basic Mac permissions repairs etc.
Remove all plug ins during recording (tracking).
Turn on Activity Monitor, check for other applications using RAM. Turn off no-essential apps, like Chrome!

Check your project length. If Logic thinks your project is a thousand bars long and you record on the fly, the number might not add up compared to your free disk space ...
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Hi Mc_deli

Cheers for the response mate, yeah I've run activity monitor whilst Logic is running and also when it freezes and it barely goes over 250mb ram usage which is barely anything. My disk space is definitely fleeting so may be it is that.We also dont use plugins when recording anyway. We record raw vocals and then export each track to audio at the end untouched as they get mixed and mastered elsewhere for vinyl release.

I will try free up space on my hardrive tonight as it seems odd that it can be fine for over a month of recording and suddenly decide it can't get over a few tracks before freezing and this error message popping up.

Cheers for you help, hopefully this resolves it.
Loading mentioned products ...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search