The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Looking for a audio interface for pod casting/streaming Audio Interfaces
Old 30th December 2016
Here for the gear

Looking for a audio interface for pod casting/streaming

Hi, I have been looking about for a while now for audio interface that best suits my needs, I know bits and pieces about audio. I'm looking for a good audio interface for streaming over twitch and also improve headphone audio quality. At the moment I have a Audio Techinica AT2020 XLR and Sennheiser HD 598s SE, I'm currently running the Microphone through a basic phantom power box a Behringer PS400. I don't ever plan to record any music or record any vocals. Just voice over game play and VOIP. I know that my headphones don't take much to drive but I do plan to get more powerful headphones in the future.

I have a budget of around 150 pounds but I'd prefer 'bang for buck' over the very best. I have looked at a few different options and I'm wondering which is the best for what I'm doing.

Focusrite Scarlett Solo (2nd Gen) £76
Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 £150 (Don't know much about this one)
Steinberg 45840 UR22 MKII £101
Roland DUO-CAPTURE EX £101
Behringer Premium 10 £72

Any help would be great, Thanks.
Old 31st December 2016
Lives for gear

Focus on brands able to deliver stable drivers and that have an history of supporting their older products. Between the ones you listed, I would go for the Steinberg UR22 MKII: top drivers (AFAIK), very good quality for the price and it gives you 2 mic channels while the Focusrite gives you only one channel. For the price, the Focusrite is extremely attractive too.

Last edited by JEK3; 31st December 2016 at 02:44 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 31st December 2016
Gear Nut
The focusrite stuff is good. I have heard good things about Audient too
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search