The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What effects are on lead vocal in Bruno Mars - Finesse
Old 3rd December 2016
Gear Head

What effects are on lead vocal in Bruno Mars - Finesse

Question in title
Old 5th December 2016
Gear Nut

Good Question. I'll be the first to put myself out there with the wrong answer. LOL

The vocal seems to be drenched in a vocal room. It is possible that it was recorded with him 3 feet off the microphone, but I doubt it. Mainly because the articulation of his words cut through way too well. I've recorded that far from a microphone before and you don't get that type of articulation. Doesn't seem to be a fancy Verb of any sort. Not a lot of decay there and probably not a plate setting. Puts me in the mind frame of a short to medium room. I think a hall would have too much decay and would make it easier to identify. If there is any pre-delay it is very short. That verb is directly on the track and not a send. Something simple like Altiverb, Space or IR-1 verb might have been used because it has a built in EQ and you can roll off any top-end. The vocal has little to no presence above 12 k. This is all I have come up with after about 3 good listens in the stu. If this was done with Delay and not Verb I would be very surprised and would like a step-by-step of how this was achieved.
Old 6th December 2016
Gear Head

i was able to get kind of close using some room presets, but not the same I would like to see someone do it too
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut
bump

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search