The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
KRK Rokit 6 sleep function is a pain in the a**
Old 15th April 2016
Here for the gear

KRK Rokit 6 sleep function is a pain in the a**

The auto sleep mode causes youtube to not work and other stuff. It will only be activated whenever I play something above 50 dB, which is a pain in the ass..... I want my monitors to run all the time! Is there anything to do about it.. Otherwise I might change back to my Logitech z906...

I Can't play ANYTHING except windows "Test speakers" - button in the mixer....

I've had nothing but issues with them so far.
Old 16th April 2016
Lives for gear

Sorry you mean your monitors have a built in gate that requires at least 50db of signal? I must be misunderstanding what piece of equipment you are speaking about. I checked out the rokit 6 speakers on the krk website and there is no mention of such a "feature" not to mention how ridiculous such a feature would be haha as you have also mentioned.

Are you sure there isn't something else in your signal path causing your issues?
Old 16th April 2016
Here for the gear

oh sorry, I read the handbook that came with the rokit 6 g3. It says that the speakers will deactivate standby when it detects an input signal hanving an amplitude of (-50dBu) or greater.

But whenever it goes to standby, it's like I don't have an audio source on my pc, and when I don't have an audio source I can't watch youtube, play games or work with FL Studio.

So I can't reactivate the speakers in that way. It works as I said before when I went in on the audio mixer in windows and clicked "Test", then it will play that bell noice.
Old 16th April 2016
Gear Maniac

I know what you mean with this - I have a pair of Rokit 5s and yep they do the same thing... I have to play a section of a track with the volume cranked up to get them to switch on. Once they're on, that's fine - they'll play everything as normal but if I'm working on something really quiet then sooner or later they'll just switch off. But I've come to realise that if that happens then actually it's time to get the headphones out because I'm mixing at too low a volume.

What I've done with my iMac is set the system up so that only Cubase uses my interface (and hence the Rokits). The "other" audio (from YouTube etc) is all still set to use the internal speaker system which is always on, of course. Not ideal I know but it gets round the issue.

I'm quite happy with the Rokits I have to say although the big yellow speakers have this weird subliminal effect of giving me the feeling I'm being watched by a giant eagle as I'm working. Really, try it... once you see "eagle" there's no getting away from it.
Old 16th April 2016
Here for the gear

Is there any way to turn that function off? It would be really helpful and less annoying.
Old 16th April 2016
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyard View Post
Is there any way to turn that function off? It would be really helpful and less annoying.
Its a built in feature on the Rokits, you could have a tech try to bypass it but who knows. I wont buy any monitor with that on it. Those supposed power saving features are BS in my book. IF I want the speaker off I would turn it off

On that note, I use a Bose Companion 5 system for Youtubing, internet and system audio. Cubase/S1 go to my MR816X and then to the speakers. This is actually a great idea IMO as I dont NEED to have my Sceptres on all the time to dink on youtube. I can still have youtube running, play EZ2 along with it and not wear out my good monitors
Old 17th April 2016
Lives for gear

Yeh that sounds like an absolutely ridiculous feature...I am surprised people don't just return them all the time
Old 31st October 2016
Here for the gear

Any solutions or workarounds for the Rokit 50dB treshold problem?

Hi everyone,

i am a research audiologist. We were happy with KRK Rokits in our ENT lab for many years and that is why we bought ten of those relaunched newer 5" in white to set up localization tests and more. Today i wanted to run one speaker at 46 dBSPL static noise during an audiometric test which is calibrated here. If you have read this forum you can imagine what i heard - damn right, nothing but my own tinnitus.
Any new solution for this "50 dB treshold" feature? How about you technicians here: what might be the chance to bybass the component responsible for this? Unfortunately we just now found out about this seemingly unnecessary new feature (it doesn`t happen with the old black/yellow ones) and we might be out of guarantee.

Sincerely,
Steve
Old 12th October 2018
Here for the gear

Software solution - Deactivate auto standby

Hi all,

Even if it's an old post. Please find below a small program I wrote that plays a ~10Hz sound every 25 mins to deactivate the KRKs auto standby.

Deactivate Rokit KRK Auto Standby - Deactivation with Software >> kuLLe's Tech Tips

Please read the post before downloading and using the software.

Best regards,
kuLLe

Last edited by kuLLe; 13th October 2018 at 06:19 AM.. Reason: description more specific
Old 21st February 2019
Here for the gear
Recently got some Rokit 4s...yeah, I made a script to play the 10hz tone to wake them up.... Since that tone is inaudible, when it plays, I can hear a click inside the speakers which seems to indicate a physical switch has been triggered. I wish someone could figure out what part of the circuit needs to be changed to bypass that switch. Anyone?
Old 21st February 2019
Deleted e999d8e
I bypass the sleep circuit by bypassing KRK monitors completely. I've never had a problem.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search