The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Convert Mp3 to wave for Boss BR900???
Old 31st December 2015
Gear Nut

Convert Mp3 to wave for Boss BR900???

I have lots of great backing tracks in mp3 format I would like to load onto my Boss BR900, but it only takes wave files. I tried converting them, but it will still not accept them. It says "unsupported file type." What can I do? Thanks in advance!!!
Old 31st December 2015
Which program did you use to convert them?

You can probably do this in iTunes.

The major caveat here is that this works like video. Wave files are much bigger because there's more potential fidelity, but you're not improving anything sound-wise upconverting. It's like watching VHS on a 4K TV if that makes sense. (I put this here to ensure good information is spread about this).

When I was mastering full-time, I had a guy bring me MP3s to master (ugh) and I suggested that he re-export to wave instead. The next day he comes back with wave files, but I could tell he just converted them based on the spectrum analyzer.
Old 26th February 2020
Here for the gear

You may want to make sure you are running the latest firmware on the BR900.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search