The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How to post on Gearslutz, Part 2.
Old 23rd December 2015
How to post on Gearslutz, Part 2.

Patience, patience!
Clicking the 'Submit' button several times will not cause the your post to upload any faster. Please click ONCE, and wait for verification. This may actually take a couple seconds - maybe even... (God forbid) 15 seconds!
If you do see you have multiple posts, please remove the duplicates.
Thank you.
Old 24th December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Patience, patience!

This may actually take a couple seconds - maybe even... (God forbid) 15 seconds!
No can do. I just read another thread that states the average attention span is 8 seconds! So the mods better get this posting speed down to 7 seconds or less.

Seriously, though, it is like pushing the elevator button a dozen times to make the elevator show up faster.

fb
Old 24th December 2015
I have posted before, and it did not show. I had, of course, clicked submit twice, thinking the first time was ignored. When the second was also ignored, I assumed they were doing maintenance. Looking at posts was difficult, too. It was so slow, it wouldn't let me sign out, either. So I simply clicked the big red X. Other web sites were running as normal. When I came back 15 or 20 minutes later, both had posted. I deleted one.

Things were that slow again recently. I just left and came back later without posting. I can understand how it can sometimes happen that people - with good intentions, AND patience - may multiple post.

I mean, that button does say, "Post Quick Reply."
Old 24th December 2015
the gearslutz site has been having trouble the past few days. Really sluggish and a few times I've gotten errors that the server was not responding, etc...

So all these double, triple, quadruple, etc posts are problem from that. You hit the post button and nothing happens... so you hit it a few more times just to see if your own computer froze up. Then you realize it's the site that is acting sluggish but by then it's too late and now you have 4 or 5 duplicate posts.
Old 22nd March 2017
Here for the gear

SE z5600a Vlave replacement

Hi, I cannot for the life of me find where to start my own thread! Maybe coz I'm using an iPhone? Anyway I need to replace the valve in my SE 5600a and after some research, it seems that a 6072 GE 5-Star Black Plate tube is the best choice. Does anybody know where I can purchase one? I'm in uk. Many thanks!
Old 22nd March 2017
P99
Gear Maniac

I get more replies if I post the same thing 15 or 20 times in a row.
Old 22nd March 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinC View Post
Hi, I cannot for the life of me find where to start my own thread! Maybe coz I'm using an iPhone?
There's a big orange button towards the top that says "New Thread". It's below the title of the forum and just above the listings of all the threads.
Old 24th March 2017
Here for the gear

I do not think there is... when you are using an iPhone! I will have a look on computer later. Thanks anyway
Old 24th March 2017
Here for the gear

I don't think that button is available when using iPhone! I'll look on the computer later instead. Thanks for replying though
Old 24th March 2017
Lives for gear

Instead of posting twice, just copy what you have wrote in a post and then click Submit Reply. If it is not posted within a half an hour or so then just paste the copy into a post again.
Old 24th March 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinC View Post
I don't think that button is available when using iPhone! I'll look on the computer later instead. Thanks for replying though������
I'm using an iPhone right now, and it shows the new thread button. Using chrome browser.

Why isn't your post visible?

( edit )
I just logged in using safari, works fine there, too.

Make sure you are INSIDE a forum. If you are on the page showing the list of forums, you can't start a thread. And you can't be inside a specific thread (you are in a thread right now), either.
Old 12th July 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]ision View Post
Patience, patience!
Clicking the 'Submit' button several times will not cause the your post to upload any faster. Please click ONCE, and wait for verification. This may actually take a couple seconds - maybe even... (God forbid) 15 seconds!
If you do see you have multiple posts, please remove the duplicates.
Thank you.
Hey Bill ..Im a member and am logged in ..can't remember how to make a new thread ...cant find a new thread button..Cheers Bro!
Old 12th July 2017
Lives for gear

will someone judge my mix and give me feedback.

Old 14th November 2017
Here for the gear

how do i even post a new thread on this forum?
none of the options outlined on the n00bs help pages seem to be working out for myself.
Old 17th November 2017
Lives for gear

to post a new thread you need to have the magic piece of gear to unlock the secret you've been missing. and when the thread you post is done and ok, look for a similar post with the same subject matter. if its worded better then your post, ask the op what kind of mic he uses.
Old 6th July 2018
Gear Nut

My posts aren’t coming up anywhere no matter what it do.
Old 28th November 2019
Here for the gear

Add a Second Mic Preamp?

Hi,
I have an RME Fireface and an attached 8 channel Presonus Preamp.
I want to add a second preamp to get more inputs.

Can I do this? How do I hook it up?

Thanks
Old 22nd February 2020
Here for the gear

Klaus Heyne

Hi Mr. Heyne,
Nothing prepared me for the feelings elicited when listening to my recent purchase of your modified Neumann U67. Your description of a modified U67 microphone as being elegant, emotionally attractive, having sex appeal and eliciting sensual excitement were only imaginary words but now that I have a reference know what they mean. I was completely shocked by how wonderful this mic sounded and also the difference between mics when I did a shootout performed over the piano strings with a M149, 87i and Blue Cactus. Your other description of the U67 reissue that it did not touch the pleasure centers, the mike was anemic and small compared to the original with the overall character as pedestrian, sounded lifeless in the high frequencies and chocked and hard in the mid-range with the bass region starved also describes how these three mics sounded, but worse. It’s going to be hard to use them again and would consider unloading them for another U67. In your email you said it will be very hard to match this with a second stock U67 under any circumstance and said this modification was one of your finest and best works. I feel really lucky I have this to record with. Your work has made the world a better place. Thanks for everything.

Last edited by paulbusc; 22nd February 2020 at 12:45 AM.. Reason: mentioned a name
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search