The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
How do i set up my jv 1010 as a multitimbral module
Old 28th November 2015
Lives for gear
How do i set up my jv 1010 as a multitimbral module

stupid question, i just wanna set up my jv 1010 in multi mode (is that what is called performance on the 1010?) but the archaic interface has me stumped.
my pdf reader garbles the text when i wanna zoom on a page leaving it very hard to read. so i thought i would just ask.
Old 30th November 2015
Lives for gear

Here's a cut-and-paste from the manual about setting parts/multi-mode (Performance Mode) on the 1010. Hope it helps....

Performing Multiple Parts (Performance Mode)
fig.1-28.e
A group of sixteen parts to which fifteen patches and one rhythm set are assigned (fixed at Part 10) is collectively referred to as a Performance.
Performance
Part 9
Part 1
Patch
Part
Part 11
Part 16
Patch
Rhythm Set

fig.1-29
In a performance, you can assign each patch and rhythm set to a part, then combine these parts to enjoy an ensemble performance. One of the sixteen parts (Part 10) is reserved for the rhythm set, with patches assigned to the remaining fifteen parts.
In other words, using performances allows you to control sixteen separate sounds with one JV-1010.
A sound generator of this type which can control multiple sounds using one device is referred to as a multitimbral sound generator.
In the relationship between performances and parts, the performance is like an orchestra, parts are the performers, and patches and the rhythm set are the instruments.
Let’s try selecting some parts and sounds, then play the multiple parts together as a performance.
As one example, select one of the sixteen parts, PART 2, then select the patch No.008 Gtr Strings in GUITAR/BASS (the GUITAR/BASS group).
2 1,54

2 3
Press the VALUE knob to choose the Performance mode (PERFORM).
Pressing the VALUE knob makes the mode change sequentially. Press the knob several times, until the PERFORM indicator lights up.
Turn the PART knob and choose 2.
Set the transmit channel of the external device (the
transmitting device) to 2.
For information on how to make the settings, refer to the owner’s manual
for the MIDI keyboard (the transmitting instrument).
Turn the CATEGORY/BANK knob to choose GUITAR/BASS. Now, select the patch category.
Turn the VALUE knob to choose patch 008.
Now, patch No.008 Gtr Strings in the GUITAR/BASS category is selected
for PART 2.
Repeat Steps 2–5, using the same procedure to select other
parts.
Using a sequencer or computer, play back the song.
For instructions on how to play back songs, refer to the owner’s manual for the external device (the transmitting device).
Always make sure that the number selected with the JV-1010’s PART knob matches the transmit channel of the external device (the transmitting device). Additionally, remember that PART 10 is used exclusively by the rhythm set.
Turning off the JV-1010’s power without saving the created data results in the loss of that data. Save any important data that you wish to preserve to an external MIDI device (p.
The Performance Control Channel (Perform Ctrl CH) is preset at the factory to OFF; remember that patches are switched when program changes are recorded in a song. To release the Performance Control Channel (Perform Ctrl CH) OFF setting, set to something other than OFF (p. 49).
For more information about the onboard patches, take a look at “Performance List” (p. 67).
Trying Out Desktop Music
Quick Start

Editing Using Only the JV-1010 Making Part Settings (PART)
fig.1-30
fig.1-30a
3 4
4 2,6 1,5 3 Press the VALUE knob to choose the Performance mode
(PERFORM).
Pressing the VALUE knob makes the mode change sequentially. Press the
knob several times, until the PERFORM indicator lights up.
When in the Patch mode, you can’t enter the Edit mode.
Now try changing the level setting (Level) for PART 2 in Performance mode.
While holding down the VOLUME knob, press the VALUE knob.
Switch to the Edit mode.
Turn the CATEGORY/BANK knob to choose USER (Level).
Turn the PART knob and choose 2.
In Edit mode, you can select USER (Level) with the CATEGORY/BANK
knob to change the volume level setting for each part.
For more information about the CATEGORY/ BANK knob’s other functions in Edit mode, refer to the EDIT PARAMETER SELECT chart on the JV-1010’s top panel.
Turn the VALUE knob to change the level. This can be set in the range 000–127.
Pan, Coarse Tune, and other parameters can be set in the same way. For more detailed information about each parameter and its settings, refer to the Reference Manual that is on the included CD-ROM.
While holding down the VOLUME knob, press the VALUE knob.
The JV-1010 exits Edit mode.
Old 30th November 2015
Lives for gear
thx alot m8, much appreciated
Old 23rd October 2018
Ok so I have a JV1010 and a Roland MC50MkII. I have the MC50 rhythm track playing rhythm track drum sounds on the JV, I believe is default channel 10 on both for Rhythm. Do I need to set anything else? Then I have another part on track 1 of the MC50 that I want to play a bass sound on the JV1010. I think I setup the midi transmit data correctly on the MC50 though I don't even know if I actually needed to change it there. Now I'm also trying to figure out how to get it so I can switch the sound on track 1 on the MC50 to play the bass patch I want. I assume I need to put it in performance mode. Do I need to set anything else on the JV1010 first before it will work?
Thanks in advance
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search