The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How to EQ
Old 21st February 2019
Gear Maniac

would this only apply if the tracking were stereo, right, and not dual mono? Or mono tracks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg.lazer View Post
Here’s a stereo Bus EQ tip with Darrell Thorp

YouTube
Old 21st March 2019
Here for the gear

Understanding EQ (For Beginners)

This video is for beginners who are just learning about EQ. Basic concepts (Sound, frequency, frequency bands, 0dB, instruments...) are explained.

here is the link

YouTube
Old 5th April 2019
Gear Maniac
Graphic eq are of tremendous help. Blindly Sweeping is good for resonances. But sometimes there are very vague problems that need like measly 1-2dB of reduction to fix, and it's impossible to figure out by sweeping the range where something is wrong without looking at the graph... Later when your ears are trained it's less of a problem but for a beginner FabFilter stuff is invaluable.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt thomas View Post
Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq?

Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to eq), that I thought some newbies might appreciate:

The engineer in the video is the legend George Massenburg, he has a fantastic ear.

cheers
matt

ps. I'm going to sticky this for a while to see if we can get any more responses
pps. The point is to get a collection of videos in this thread, and not links to other sites
Great video.
I watched it cos you can never know too much or know everything.
After watching this I ended up going down the rabbithole and watching two trevor horn videos on the breakdown of Yes's "owner of a lonely heart", followed by a 1 hour 20 minute talk with Bob Power, so I picked up some great tips. Every day's a school day
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search