The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Musikmesse 2015: Amphion Unveils BaseOne25 LF Extension System
Old 12th April 2015
News Desk Editor

Musikmesse 2015: Amphion Unveils BaseOne25 LF Extension System

Musikmesse 2015: Amphion Unveils BaseOne25 LF Extension System-unnamed.jpg

Finnish high-end loudspeaker manufacturer Amphion is showing off their new BaseOne25 Low Frequency Extension System. So much more than just a conventional subwoofer, BaseOne25 instantly transforms any Amphion two-way near field monitor into a full range perfectly integrated time and phase accurate three-way tower of sound extending down to BaseOne25’s SEAS 25 cm (10”) woofer and 25 cm passive radiator array are mounted in a beautifully crafted enclosure measuring 1020mm x 191mm x 355mm (40”x 7.5”x 14”). In order to perform optimally in any environment into which they are placed, the drivers can be oriented facing in, out or forward. The enclosure is constructed from 35mm Finnish plywood, and is steel-reinforced with a unique power dissipation ring. A 2U 19” rack unit houses an outboard electronics module providing 2x500 watts of power along with a state of the art filtering system.

BaseOne25 does more than just add low frequencies - it also significantly increases the connected monitor’s midrange power handling abilities by transferring low-end frequencies below 100Hz to the 10” woofers. The filtering system allows one touch toggling back and forth between near field duties and full range presentation. The filters are optimized for use with Amphion’s amplifiers, but a wide 10 dB adjustment range makes it possible to use other amps to drive the system.

“It is easy to forget what a dramatic effect a full range phase-accurate stereo information has on things such as the human voices and imaging”, said Amphion president Anssi Hyvonen. “A whole new world opens up to a creative mix engineer when one has correct information present also in the lowest octave.”

BaseOne25 is expected to begin shipping during the Summer of 2015. Pricing TBD.

Amphion was founded in 1998 with the vision of creating systems that allow musicians, engineers and music enthusiasts to experience the creativity, energy and emotion in their music.

Link : Home | Amphion
Attached Thumbnails
Musikmesse 2015: Amphion Unveils BaseOne25 LF Extension System-unnamed-1-.jpg   Musikmesse 2015: Amphion Unveils BaseOne25 LF Extension System-unnamed.jpg  
Old 13th April 2015
Gear Addict

I can't wait to get mine.
Old 13th April 2015
We want photos!!! :D
Old 13th April 2015
Lives for gear

I'll take two!!

I've been wishing a speaker company would do something like this for years. I hate mono subwoofers, and it's always almost impossible to phase align a pair of subs with your speakers. Plus then there's the issue of crossing them over without any bumps or dips.... And for anyone who says 'sub' frequncies are not perceivable if they are L or R, just try panning a 20-60hz signal back and forth on a pair of full range speakers (or with stereo subs). It's not subtle.

Can't wait to hear these BaseOnes!
Old 13th April 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_HERALDO View Post
For some reason, I can't post them in this thread...but here's a link to the ones posted in the "Amphion...Beautiful" thread in the High End forum

dB
Old 13th April 2015
Administrator

OP updated!
Old 13th April 2015
Lives for gear

Thanks, Graham!

dB
Old 13th April 2015
Gear Maniac

Kmraudio have another photo with same info as OP here:

https://www.kmraudio.com/amphion-bas...p#productTabs1

edit: though looking at it theres been a bit of photo-shopping going on there
Old 14th April 2015
Gear Nut

Happiness is a warm gun... in this case shooting at my bank account.
Old 15th April 2015
Lives for gear

These are going to be great.
Old 15th April 2015
Lives for gear

Has there been a price quote as of yet?
Old 15th April 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXx View Post
Has there been a price quote as of yet?
Your soul!!!
Old 15th April 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Your soul!!!
Awesome! Where do I sign...?
Old 15th April 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Awesome! Where do I sign...?
Well played sir, well played.
Old 15th April 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agno View Post
Well played sir, well played.
Haha!!! So did I miss something? Have they announced a price yet?
Old 15th April 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Haha!!! So did I miss something? Have they announced a price yet?
Ha...not yet. But you've already signed away your soul so what does it matter?
Old 15th April 2015
I think that we don't have enough souls to sell for all our slutzing hahahaha
Old 15th April 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agno View Post
Ha...not yet. But you've already signed away your soul so what does it matter?
True!!! if only I had more souls, I could get the whole One and Two series
Old 15th April 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
I think that we don't have enough souls to sell for all our slutzing hahahaha
Sure we do, How do you think the zombie apocalypse will come about?
Old 16th April 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerc View Post
I'll take two!!

I've been wishing a speaker company would do something like this for years. I hate mono subwoofers, and it's always almost impossible to phase align a pair of subs with your speakers. Plus then there's the issue of crossing them over without any bumps or dips.... And for anyone who says 'sub' frequncies are not perceivable if they are L or R, just try panning a 20-60hz signal back and forth on a pair of full range speakers (or with stereo subs). It's not subtle.

Can't wait to hear these BaseOnes!
This isn't new . Look at PSI Audio's range. They have a sub bass extender in the A225 that compliments any of the speaker range and there are many users running a pair of these with a totaly flat response down to 30Hz with a perfect crossover at around 110hz. If you get the chance you should hear a pair of A25's with a pair of A225's.
Old 16th April 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morti View Post
This isn't new . Look at PSI Audio's range. They have a sub bass extender in the A225 that compliments any of the speaker range and there are many users running a pair of these with a totaly flat response down to 30Hz with a perfect crossover at around 110hz. If you get the chance you should hear a pair of A25's with a pair of A225's.

Sorry I should clarify - I meant a sub pair of extenders that's actually phase accurate/perfectly time aligned with the speakers. Plus, the ability to flick the system off and go back to 'nearfield only mode' is a must for me..Maybe those PSI are as well? I definitely almost pulled the trigger on the A25's a year ago and I'm sure they are incredible sounding speakers. For me, however, I'm completely happy with the Amphion's not because they are the best sounding speaker, but because of how they push me to work and how useful they are as a mixing tool. A set of PSI A25's with 225's for mains sounds like it would be pretty awesome though!
Old 17th April 2015
Quote:
Sorry I should clarify - I meant a sub pair of extenders that's actually phase accurate/perfectly time aligned with the speakers.
I wonder if the bass extender is also phase / time aligned? Do not het me wrong: I am using Amphion at home and in both of my studios, so I do love them. I have heard of the bass extender for some months now, and saw some pictures on facebook. But I wonder if time is aligned as good as in the monitors themselves. It seems to me that every monitor needs another placement of the bass extender in that respect.

However: I do not think this makes a huge difference. I know that time / phase (timing, detail) is awesome on the One and TWo series so above 100Hz it will be very, very good.

pictures:
https://www.facebook.com/AmphionLoud...e=1&permPage=1
Old 17th April 2015
Anyone at messe heard these yet? Any word on price?
Old 17th April 2015
Amphion Inquiry

Quote:
Sorry I should clarify - I meant a sub pair of extenders that's actually phase accurate/perfectly time aligned with the speakers. Plus, the ability to flick the system off and go back to 'nearfield only mode' is a must for me..Maybe those PSI are as well? I definitely almost pulled the trigger on the A25's a year ago and I'm sure they are incredible sounding speakers. For me, however, I'm completely happy with the Amphion's not because they are the best sounding speaker, but because of how they push me to work and how useful they are as a mixing tool. A set of PSI A25's with 225's for mains sounds like it would be pretty awesome though!
Hey Spencer,

How do you feel the Amphion brand stacks up against Barefoot, PMC and the Spiral Groove speakers? More specifically, what decisions are you making on the Amphion and not on the Barefoot and Spiral Groove speakers, etc.? Are any of the demos/albums on your page mixed with your new setup?

BTW, I've also got a loan of those PMC twotwo.8 monitors, while my twotwo.6 speakers are getting a firmware update (the ones I'm told that you had). Oddly enough, the twotwo.8 pair feel like they're a little 'lighter' on the bottom end - even compared to my smaller speakers. These need some serious run-time, but I'm considering upgrading to them.

I'm assuming you've noticed Focal got a new set? It will be interesting to see if the Trio6 can actually obtain the claimed SPLs. They're being marketed as 'louder' than the SM9. I could see these being a great tracking/entertainment monitor.

Lastly, I certainly hope all is going well? Take care and I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Phil
Old 17th April 2015
Quote:

#MESSE2015
Old 17th April 2015
Ugly design! But sound is what important. @ Palaver , what changes are applied to the twotwo's with the firnware updates?
Old 17th April 2015
Quote:
Ugly design! But sound is what important. @ Palaver , what changes are applied to the twotwo's with the firnware updates?
The PMC twotwo speakers need to be at the latest firmware version to run their remote. I plan on getting it at some point so I can adjust the EQ, etc. from my sweet-spot. Plus, it will be nice being able to properly attenate the volume via the AES input. I'd rather use the converters in the speaker than on my interface.

The firmware is for increased functionality. Nothing else.

Cheers,

Phil
Old 18th April 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Press Desk View Post
Musikmesse 2015: Amphion Unveils BaseOne25 LF Extension System-unnamed.jpg

Finnish high-end loudspeaker manufacturer Amphion is showing off their new BaseOne25 Low Frequency Extension System. So much more than just a conventional subwoofer, BaseOne25 instantly transforms any Amphion two-way near field monitor into a full range perfectly integrated time and phase accurate three-way tower of sound extending down to BaseOne25’s SEAS 25 cm (10”) woofer and 25 cm passive radiator array are mounted in a beautifully crafted enclosure measuring 1020mm x 191mm x 355mm (40”x 7.5”x 14”). In order to perform optimally in any environment into which they are placed, the drivers can be oriented facing in, out or forward. The enclosure is constructed from 35mm Finnish plywood, and is steel-reinforced with a unique power dissipation ring. A 2U 19” rack unit houses an outboard electronics module providing 2x500 watts of power along with a state of the art filtering system.

BaseOne25 does more than just add low frequencies - it also significantly increases the connected monitor’s midrange power handling abilities by transferring low-end frequencies below 100Hz to the 10” woofers. The filtering system allows one touch toggling back and forth between near field duties and full range presentation. The filters are optimized for use with Amphion’s amplifiers, but a wide 10 dB adjustment range makes it possible to use other amps to drive the system.

“It is easy to forget what a dramatic effect a full range phase-accurate stereo information has on things such as the human voices and imaging”, said Amphion president Anssi Hyvonen. “A whole new world opens up to a creative mix engineer when one has correct information present also in the lowest octave.”

BaseOne25 is expected to begin shipping during the Summer of 2015. Pricing TBD.

Amphion was founded in 1998 with the vision of creating systems that allow musicians, engineers and music enthusiasts to experience the creativity, energy and emotion in their music.

Link : Home | Amphion
Wow one day!!!!
for now Twins6 and sub6. :(

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search