The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Sonimus Burnley 73 comming up soon!!
Old 20th June 2015
  #241
Nice catch @ joe_04_04 ! So there's actually hope for a demo. I remember all the drama regarding brit/satson demos, so that's why I wrongly presumed they never did demos.
Old 20th June 2015
  #242
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo_c View Post
Nice catch @ joe_04_04 ! So there's actually hope for a demo. I remember all the drama regarding brit/satson demos, so that's why I wrongly presumed they never did demos.
Yeah, but I doubt they will do one. If I recall correctly, there wasn't a demo for SonEQ Pro initially when they released.. A ton of GS dudes begged for one and they broke down and built one bc of all the requests. So who knows.
Old 20th June 2015
  #243
Lives for gear
 
Ol' Betsey's Avatar
...

Last edited by Ol' Betsey; 20th June 2015 at 08:25 PM.. Reason: Actually, no biggie...
Old 21st June 2015
  #244
Lives for gear
 
soulguitar's Avatar
May I quote Tony from Klanghelm:

(taken from FAQ)
"Do you offer demo versions?
No. At least for now. Because it takes time to create demos and it takes time to maintain them. I want to concentrate on the actual product, spend my time on supporting that. Keep in mind, I offer my plugins at extremely affordable prices. One reason I can keep Klanghelm prices low is by refraining from putting my time into demo versions."


I think the same lines would make sense for sonimus, as they are in a similar liga.

Both of these developpers didn't disappoint with any product until now and sell them for a very affordable price, so let's give them a break. Everything is not possible on a budget. And we have here also the voices of the beta-testers, so we know already it sounds good, we have an idea about the 1073 from other plug-ins trials for those like me who didn't have the chance to use the hardware and we know the good sound, low cpu consumtion and stable function of sonimus products. And even if this EQ wouldn't kick my ass, I woudln't feel sorry one second, as from how much I use Britson and SonEQ Pro, I would be happy to support them ahead...
2
Share
Old 21st June 2015
  #245
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulguitar View Post
May I quote Tony from Klanghelm:

(taken from FAQ)
"Do you offer demo versions?
No. At least for now. Because it takes time to create demos and it takes time to maintain them. I want to concentrate on the actual product, spend my time on supporting that. Keep in mind, I offer my plugins at extremely affordable prices. One reason I can keep Klanghelm prices low is by refraining from putting my time into demo versions."


I think the same lines would make sense for sonimus, as they are in a similar liga.

Both of these developpers didn't disappoint with any product until now and sell them for a very affordable price, so let's give them a break. Everything is not possible on a budget. And we have here also the voices of the beta-testers, so we know already it sounds good, we have an idea about the 1073 from other plug-ins trials for those like me who didn't have the chance to use the hardware and we know the good sound, low cpu consumtion and stable function of sonimus products. And even if this EQ wouldn't kick my ass, I woudln't feel sorry one second, as from how much I use Britson and SonEQ Pro, I would be happy to support them ahead...
I agree with everything you said, but to be fair, Tony offers a freebie version of every plugin he's made.. A little smaller version... So it works like a demo in a that it gets your feet wet, but better because it's fully functional.
Old 21st June 2015
  #246
Gear Head
 
Little Mike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by loo View Post
As far as the sum of all the color, Andrew Scheps has an interesting way of going about that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYm3B0aV48Y&t=108 (1:48)
thanks, that`s a great video. never thought of it that way.

as for using your ears; with that many plugins available these days, it is a lot trail and error and at the end of the day it comes down to what you want to hear.

but i think that this is the hardest part; knowing what you want the sound to be like. it takes a lot of time and work to get there and some advice here and there should be helpful
Old 21st June 2015
  #247
Lives for gear
 
soulguitar's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mike View Post
thanks, that`s a great video. never thought of it that way.

as for using your ears; with that many plugins available these days, it is a lot trail and error and at the end of the day it comes down to what you want to hear.

but i think that this is the hardest part; knowing what you want the sound to be like. it takes a lot of time and work to get there and some advice here and there should be helpful
My best advice on this is: Clean your plug-in folder time by time, or if your DAW allows, organize some folders.
I have a folder: "First Tools"
There are my most often used EQ's and Compressors. I always choose them first. If I don't get ahead on a track with these, then I look for other tools. To work like in a console, to have just one EQ and Comp per track can be so releasing. And then on some tracks you might use some special EQ or Comp (like in the "old world", when for some featured tracks was used a nice boutique comp/EQ where people didn't have the possibility to put 30 LA2a and 20 1176 and 50 Pultecs on their tracks...
For color anyway you can also work with a clean comp like DC8C and get the color/distortion from a tool like the fre alchemy camelcrusher (great on drumloops,snare, kick, e-bass). The character doesn't always have to come from the EQ or Comp.

There are every week coming out so many new plug-ins. If you don't put some boarders you can easily get lost in just demoing stuff and forgetting to make music. Limitation is the secret IMO: To reduce the tools, learn them well and let your creativity speak.

Last edited by soulguitar; 21st June 2015 at 02:19 PM..
Old 21st June 2015
  #248
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulguitar View Post
There are every week coming out so many new plug-ins. If you don't put some boarders you can easily get lost in just demoing stuff and forgetting to make music. Limitation is the secret IMO: To reduce the tools, learn them well and let your creativity speak.
Wholeheartedly agree with this......but we're Gearslutz, aren't we?
Old 21st June 2015
  #249
Lives for gear
 
soulguitar's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo_c View Post
Wholeheartedly agree with this......but we're Gearslutz, aren't we?
We are, but hopefully also musicians and producers and sometimes it is good to protect and wake up each other to stay gearslutz but not to become cybersluts As creative people we are especially vulnerable for addictions and GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome)

Last edited by soulguitar; 21st June 2015 at 04:05 PM..
1
Share
Old 21st June 2015
  #250
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulguitar View Post
My best advice on this is: Clean your plug-in folder time by time, or if your DAW allows, organize some folders.
I have a folder: "First Tools"
There are my most often used EQ's and Compressors. I always choose them first. If I don't get ahead on a track with these, then I look for other tools. To work like in a console, to have just one EQ and Comp per track can be so releasing. And then on some tracks you might use some special EQ or Comp (like in the "old world", when for some featured tracks was used a nice boutique comp/EQ where people didn't have the possibility to put 30 LA2a and 20 1176 and 50 Pultecs on their tracks...
For color anyway you can also work with a clean comp like DC8C and get the color/distortion from a tool like the fre alchemy camelcrusher (great on drumloops,snare, kick, e-bass). The character doesn't always have to come from the EQ or Comp.

There are every week coming out so many new plug-ins. If you don't put some boarders you can easily get lost in just demoing stuff and forgetting to make music. Limitation is the secret IMO: To reduce the tools, learn them well and let your creativity speak.
I think about doing this from time to time but then I think about opening an old session and having tons of missing plugins reported, then I'd have to manually put them all back lol.

Last edited by joe_04_04; 21st June 2015 at 07:41 PM..
Old 21st June 2015
  #251
Lives for gear
 
superwack's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo_c View Post
Wholeheartedly agree with this......but we're Gearslutz, aren't we?
Of course it's Gearslutz... You can tell because in a thread full of people lusting after yet another EQ the part of that video where Andrew Scheps points out that he mostly doesn't care what EQ he uses because it doesn't matter won't make one single bit of difference in how many of us will buy yet another Neve EQ
Old 21st June 2015
  #252
Lives for gear
 
Ol' Betsey's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by superwack View Post
Of course it's Gearslutz... You can tell because in a thread full of people lusting after yet another EQ the part of that video where Andrew Scheps points out that he mostly doesn't care what EQ he uses because it doesn't matter won't make one single bit of difference in how many of us will buy yet another Neve EQ
Well he doesn't say that exactly, now does he?

But point taken!

R.
Old 22nd June 2015
  #253
Gear Nut
 
Boris Sonimus's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_04_04 View Post
Does anyone know if there will be a demo version available? Not that I need one, I'll purchase either way, but I am curious to know if I'll get to try it on release day, or payday! Lol
Hi Folks!
We want to tell you that demo version will be available
Cheers!!
Boris
6
Share
Old 23rd June 2015
  #254
Boris writing on a thread
1
Share
Old 23rd June 2015
  #255
demo should be 3 set frequencies, lows, mids and highs and only allow 3 db + or -. Keep the full sound quality. The sonEQ pro demo had no saturation and this one is all about it
Old 23rd June 2015
  #256
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorey View Post
Hi Folks!
We want to tell you that demo version will be available
Cheers!!
Boris
Awesome!!!! Can't wait to try it! Or maybe I won't even touch it and I'll just purchase it the minute it releases!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equiv_Exchange View Post
demo should be 3 set frequencies, lows, mids and highs and only allow 3 db + or -. Keep the full sound quality. The sonEQ pro demo had no saturation and this one is all about it
The demo restrictions on SonEQ Pro were reasonable to me.. Increased CPU usage and I think the session saving was off. That wouldn't bother me here at all.
1
Share
Old 23rd June 2015
  #257
Old 23rd June 2015
  #258
Any sound samples to get us stoked in the next 48 hours? Pricing?
Old 23rd June 2015
  #259
Gear Head
 
Little Mike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorey View Post
Hi Folks!
We want to tell you that demo version will be available
Cheers!!
Boris
great! many thanks!
Old 23rd June 2015
  #260
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorey View Post
Hi Folks!
We want to tell you that demo version will be available
Cheers!!
Boris
Awesome news!! Thank you!!
Old 23rd June 2015
  #261
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_04_04 View Post
Awesome!!!! Can't wait to try it! Or maybe I won't even touch it and I'll just purchase it the minute it releases!



The demo restrictions on SonEQ Pro were reasonable to me.. Increased CPU usage and I think the session saving was off. That wouldn't bother me here at all.

The saturation for the soneqpro demo was disabled. A huge part of the burnley 73 is the saturation
Old 23rd June 2015
  #262
Lives for gear
 
johnnynash's Avatar
Well, demo or no demo...my paypal is ready :-D Dang, I'm a slut I know!
Old 24th June 2015
  #263
Gear Guru
Demo's are great for me since I'm on Mixbus and it doesn't play some things. That being said, I do support developers that don't offer them since it's tough for them with all the different formats, and jerks that rip them off. Hard choices all around but a refund policy is good if no demo is available.
Old 24th June 2015
  #264
14-days fully functional is the best way to do a demo IMHO.
Old 24th June 2015
  #265
Gear Head
 
Little Mike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo_c View Post
14-days fully functional is the best way to do a demo IMHO.
mos def
Old 24th June 2015
  #266
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo_c View Post
14-days fully functional is the best way to do a demo IMHO.
definitely, but Sonimus doesn't use ilok2 and based on their soneqpro demo I am thinking they are going to go the same route i.e. feature stripped demo, so that it can't be cracked.
Old 25th June 2015
  #267
News Desk Editor
 
The Press Desk's Avatar
 

Quote:
Sonimus releases Burnley 73 - Gearslutz.com



Sonimus have the pleasure to announce a new Sonimus product: Burnley 73 1.0 Sonimus Burnley 73 is inspired by the classic 1073 equalizer. Our new
Officially announced!
3
Share
Topic:
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump