The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
The Slate Digital MIX/MASTER & MIX/MASTER/FX Bundles: Coming Soon
Old 10th July 2015
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by leckel1996 View Post
Woah, when was this announced? Is this in addition to the $20 a month? I was excited about the subscription, but now I'm far more excited for this.
We'll have annual bundle for $240, monthly for $19.99. Gonna be sweet. Both will have money back promotions to help buy the plugins you like so you can have them forever too.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 10th July 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
We'll have annual bundle for $240, monthly for $19.99. Gonna be sweet. Both will have money back promotions to help buy the plugins you like so you can have them forever too.

Cheers,
Steven
Oh, alright. I misunderstood.
Old 10th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
But we're really excited, because it's going to change the way people think about buying plugins.. No more $299 for this EQ plugin and then another $149 for a new tape emulator and another $199 for a compressor collection.... it's $240 and you just GET EVERYTHING.

Cheers,
Steven
I do believe you are right, and I hope you get rich from it!
Old 10th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
So thanks for your patience, and stay tuned for a lot more info coming soon. But we're really excited, because it's going to change the way people think about buying plugins.. No more $299 for this EQ plugin and then another $149 for a new tape emulator and another $199 for a compressor collection.... it's $240 and you just GET EVERYTHING.

Cheers,
Steven
How are the licencing gonna work?

Online/offline? iLok hardware and/or iLok Manager software? License file pr. computer? Or???
Old 10th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
We'll have annual bundle for $240, monthly for $19.99.
So it'll be 12 cents cheaper a year to pay monthly rather than yearly?
Just curious if/what's the incentive to go yearly subscription then?
Old 10th July 2015
Im pretty excited. I have a few project i need to finish up. Ive just been waiting to get my hands on some of these plugins..
Old 11th July 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarMan216 View Post
So a fixed income prevents you from spending $20/month...cool, go buy all the plugins for a couple grand and you'll be cool.
well git... for your information i NEVER buy anything at full price. actually i could make you sick by listing some of my 'buys' and BTW... "take a break.... you don't have to be a prick everyday of your life"
Old 11th July 2015

A lot of this will be explained at the launch but the incentive to just get the annual is less about a price difference, and more about the fact that you instantly get your coupon rebates (for Mix Master Bundle annual, you'll get instant $99 coupon and for Mix/Master/FX bundle you instantly get TWO $99 coupons).

We are getting really close, but as you can imagine, this entire system has to be heavily tested before launch, so we're in the final stages of that. What's also cool is that we'll be launching two new plugins along with the new bundles. Gonna be great.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 12th July 2015
M2E
Lives for gear

Quote:
A lot of this will be explained at the launch but the incentive to just get the annual is less about a price difference, and more about the fact that you instantly get your coupon rebates (for Mix Master Bundle annual, you'll get instant $99 coupon and for Mix/Master/FX bundle you instantly get TWO $99 coupons).

We are getting really close, but as you can imagine, this entire system has to be heavily tested before launch, so we're in the final stages of that. What's also cool is that we'll be launching two new plugins along with the new bundles. Gonna be great.

Cheers,
Steven
I have a few GS type question as I'm a Gslutz and have all ur plugins. (Love them all by the way)

k, here we go...

1. Since I own the VMR (All Plugins), and you bring out, let's say, 4 new plugins at launch.
I buy into the year plan ($249) and decided, dam I love this Distressor plugin
Can I apply the $249 at that time as I know this is one I want to keep?
Then re-apply another $249 to continue my current plan?

2. When buying into this plan (Yearly-$249-I'm guessing) and after 6 months I decided that I don't want to do this anymore, 1. Will I still own the plugins I've paid for already and 2. If I decided to get out early but before I leave I want to take that $249 and buy a plugin or 2, will that be an option?

3. What if I buy into the Yearly plan and 1 to 2 plugins just don't work right from date of purchase. Keep having issues/bugs etc. Only until 8 months down the line you guys figure it out but, I've lost 8 months in owning a bunk plugin. What will Slate Digital do for those customers?

The reason I say the last one is because, I'm figuring your going to drop RTAS compatibility soon, as your VMR RTAS version just doesn't work right.
I can use it with a 3rd party VST/AU to RTAS convertor type plugin (BlueCat's Patchwork) and it works just like it's suppose to but why should I ever have to do that.
All your other RTAS plugins work great and I love them.
These are a few of the things that I think people are hesitant to say "I'm All In"!
Things that have been asked for years ala VBC mono or FG-X in 64bit or a stable VCC and for some reason, just because there's new plugins and more faster newer plugins, we still are waiting on the old promises to be kept.
Yes, there is an 64bit FG-X and yes VCC 2.0 is much more stable in AAX/VST/AU but not in RTAS but after a year, still no mono VBC and no update or word of that insight even after saying it was done, that you were using it and it just needed to get it into beta.

Look Steven, you know I love your plugins and yea, I will most likely buy into the plan once I know the logistics and I will keep helping spread the word that Digital is just as good as the Analog counterparts as I believe 100% that it is but, I can only go from what I've seen from your company and so this is why I'm asking this now before you roll out the new platform.

Thanks as always,

Marc
Old 12th July 2015
Lives for gear

Many great unanswered questions there M2E

Seems like a LOT of work (logistically complicated) behind the scenes to make this work..... Even without taking bugs, and other compatibility "surprises" into account.

My guess is that Steven Slate allready regret "defending" this model "that" hard. Now he "has" to deliver a 100% faultless system (which do NOT excist in the SW world).
Old 12th July 2015
Sky
Lives for gear

Rather than view this as a subscription product, why not use it as a useful project software rental service, or as a perpetual trial that lets you work with the entire suite for whatever time period you like? $20 per month is a bargain in scenarios like this, and if someone uses a particular product all the time, of course they will opt for a perpetual license instead.

Steven, your business model makes sense to me. I think your marketing challenge will be to assure customers that both licensing types will remain available for years to come. Other vendors have practiced bait-and-switch (in my opinion) in locking users into subscriptions, which probably makes some posters here hyper-sensitive to that possibility.

Perhaps you can also share user stories about how professionals are moving seamlessly between subscription and perpetual licenses as their needs change. Having a flexible, bi-directional choice is a good thing.

Sky
Old 13th July 2015
Gear Head

Honestly, I'll be sincere. Steven, I own every single one of your plugins aside from the drum software. Though I've never actually recorded to tape or on a console, what these plugins do to my mixes are infinitely better than than any other plugin I've tried, let alone recording vanilla- no fx. When I dish out 250-300 dollars for one of your plugins, call me dumb, but though I don't believe that they sound $100 percent like the hardware counterpart, I believe that sound close enough; Which is why I don't mind spending that much money, I believe they're worth at least that much. Having a new customer come and just pay 20 dollars a month for that plugin just feels gimmicky to me. To me, having 1000 people pay 300 vs 10,000 pay 20 makes no sense to me. Still $100,000 loss. I really don't understand this model, especially of you really are going to pump out plugins faster than before. It sounds like you'd be loosing money. Unless you assume 1000 people becomes 100,000 hoping now everyone wants to jump aboard idk. Sounds far-fetched to me. It gives me the impression the upcoming plugins coming in bulk might be watered down, or not as high quality. I could be wrong but as a costumer who loves your plugins I'm just saying I really need to know a lot about why this is happening just for peace of mind. I understand i can still buy permanent I just need to know.
Old 13th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb Formz View Post
Honestly, I'll be sincere. Steven, I own every single one of your plugins aside from the drum software. Though I've never actually recorded to tape or on a console, what these plugins do to my mixes are infinitely better than than any other plugin I've tried, let alone recording vanilla- no fx. When I dish out 250-300 dollars for one of your plugins, call me dumb, but though I don't believe that they sound $100 percent like the hardware counterpart, I believe that sound close enough; Which is why I don't mind spending that much money, I believe they're worth at least that much. Having a new customer come and just pay 20 dollars a month for that plugin just feels gimmicky to me. To me, having 1000 people pay 300 vs 10,000 pay 20 makes no sense to me. Still $100,000 loss. I really don't understand this model, especially of you really are going to pump out plugins faster than before. It sounds like you'd be loosing money. Unless you assume 1000 people becomes 100,000 hoping now everyone wants to jump aboard idk. Sounds far-fetched to me. It gives me the impression the upcoming plugins coming in bulk might be watered down, or not as high quality. I could be wrong but as a costumer who loves your plugins I'm just saying I really need to know a lot about why this is happening just for peace of mind. I understand i can still buy permanent I just need to know.
In in your calculation you are talking about people paying only one month subscription. I don't think you should compare full price with just one month subsciption.
Old 13th July 2015
Gear Guru
What's so complicated? You pay for a subscription with an option to buy, or you just buy! There's no trickery here. In terms of the business model, cash subscriptions are cash flow, purchases are hits of cash. Having both makes a great business model for banks to lend you credit, or to attract investors. Steven is a smart guy, this is a very good move or he wouldn't be making it. This doesn't cheapen the value of the plug ins, as you still will need them to work on old projects, unless your work is throw away. In that case, he ain't gonna sell you $1,000- worth of plug ins in the first place!......
Old 13th July 2015
Sky
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidtrax View Post
In in your calculation you are talking about people paying only one month subscription. I don't think you should compare full price with just one month subsciption.
Agree. Someone who subscribes for just one month will have a specific reason for doing so and likely will not want to buy perpetual licenses. So 10,000 x $20 is income that Slate likely would not earn otherwise. If someone needs to constantly subscribe for one month at a time, I think they will recognize what plugs keep bringing them back and buy them.

Sky
Old 13th July 2015
Gear Head

"In in your calculation you are talking about people paying only one month subscription. I don't think you should compare full price with just one month subsciption."- who would buy?????
If he made only 2 plugins every 5 years yeah I'd just buy them cause I'd actually save money like that but if hes pushing put 5 or 6 (cause apparently hes going to bring more production than before with this new model) that cost anywhere from 200/300$ each it makes no sense to not just spend $20 a month for them all.

Guys this isn't pro tools a 500 dollar software paying 20 dollars a month. This is possibly well over a thousand dollars! not paying 20 dollars would be just ridiculous. I really don't understand this business model
Old 14th July 2015
Here for the gear
I can't wait for this to come out!
Im trying so hard not to buy a slate plugin just waiting for this thing, i sure hope it's out before q4
Old 22nd July 2015
Here for the gear

Steven these are great news.
What about people (like me) who own all the plug ins already ?

Is there gonna be a product for future releases ?

Best
Ilias
Old 22nd July 2015
Lives for gear

Glad to hear there's an annual option, I prefer to pay up front over having a monthly fee. I'll be applying my incentives towards owning the VCC, overall though I feel slate puts out the best products for a very competitive price. As long as this is live by January 2016 it'll be ready when I need it :D
Old 22nd July 2015

We're really close now. And yes, even if you currently own all Slate plugins (which gives you a free six month trial), you'll instantly get the Relab LX480 Reverb ($400 value) and two new Slate Digital plugins ($199 value).

It's gonna be great. It's everything I dreamed of when I was a young working engineer who could not afford to spend thousands on plugins.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 5th August 2015
Lives for gear
Today could be the day!

http://www.slatedigital.com

Last edited by The Oracle; 5th August 2015 at 07:59 PM..
Old 5th August 2015
Lives for gear

Software The Slate Digital MIX/MASTER & MIX/MASTER/FX Bundles: Available Now

Quote:
We're really close now. And yes, even if you currently own all Slate plugins (which gives you a free six month trial), you'll instantly get the Relab LX480 Reverb ($400 value) and two new Slate Digital plugins ($199 value).

It's gonna be great. It's everything I dreamed of when I was a young working engineer who could not afford to spend thousands on plugins.

Cheers,
Steven
Any chance of buying LX for a lower price through Slate website (400$ is a bit steep) or this will be only available through this yearly bundle?
Old 14th August 2015
News Desk Editor

Quote:
The Slate Digital MIX/MASTER & MIX/MASTER/FX Bundles: Available Now - Page 23 - G

Originally Posted by Steven Slate When plugins aren\'t on ilok it is such a major major major PAIN IN THE ARSE to use them on different rigs or to get
Please use latest thread above, thanks!
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search