The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
NAMM 2015: Slate Remote for Pro Tools & Logic (Batch Commander & RAVEN- coming soon
Old 22nd January 2015
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

App NAMM 2015: Slate Remote for Pro Tools & Logic (Batch Commander & RAVEN- coming soon

The Batch Command system that originated exclusively on the RAVEN provided a sophisticated macro system that could perform tasks in seconds that would normally take engineers hours of manual labor. At AES 2014, Slate Media Technology released the Batch Commander standalone application for Pro Tools, giving any user the Batch Command functionality without the need for a RAVEN console.

Now, at NAMM 2015, Slate takes the Batch Command System to a new level with the updated Batch Commander 2.0 software for both Pro Tools and now, Logic Pro X, as well as the addition of an iOS remote for iPhone and iPad, called Slate Remote.

Check out this video featuring Slate Remote, and Batch Commander 2.0 for Pro Tools 10, 11, and Logic Pro X.

FOR LOGIC USERS, USE THIS LINK TO SKIP TO THE LOGIC PRO X DEMO:
Introducing Slate Remote for Pro Tools & Logic (Works with Batch Commander and RAVEN) - YouTube

Batch Commander 2.0 has an all new GUI with clear buttons that reveal more text than before. There are more preset buttons, an"EZ" mode, and many more features.

Slate Remote and Batch Commander 2.0 for Pro Tools 10,11 and Logic Pro X will be available soon. It is a FREE upgrade for current users, and will be priced at $99.

See the entire system in action at Slate Media Technology NAMM booth 6921.

More info: Slate Media Technology RAVEN Touchscreen Control Surface
Company: Slate Media Technology
Old 22nd January 2015
Lives for gear

Looks great! I wonder if there are any problems with the new Logic Pro X update?
Old 22nd January 2015
Here for the gear

Wow, can't believe how utterly unimportant cubase users are to Slate. I can't see why fun little iPhone apps are much more important than Raven compatibility for cubase users.
Old 22nd January 2015
Gear Nut

Are those Slate branded monitors in this video??

Did I miss something?
Old 23rd January 2015
Lives for gear

Is this Available now?
Old 23rd January 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboston007 View Post
Wow, can't believe how utterly unimportant cubase users are to Slate. I can't see why fun little iPhone apps are much more important than Raven compatibility for cubase users.
Just for one moment.. consider the fact that we've been working on Cubase, and that perhaps the delay is due to the fact that it's difficult, not that we find Cubase users (of which I am one), "unimportant".

Cubase, DP, Windows, Ableton, are all coming.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 23rd January 2015
Lives for gear

Brilliant. The creation and execution of the BV copy paste in Logic was out of this world.
Old 23rd January 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
Just for one moment.. consider the fact that we've been working on Cubase, and that perhaps the delay is due to the fact that it's difficult, not that we find Cubase users (of which I am one), "unimportant".

Cubase, DP, Windows, Ableton, are all coming.

Cheers,
Steven
Hey Steven.
Quite honestly you received the brunt of my frustration that another Namm has passed by and there is still no viable 16 channel mix controller available that works well for cubase. I am basically a customer waiting to give you my money at this point as soon as raven cubase compatibility is good to go. I am a protools user as well but use cubase for all my composing arranging etc. I know you guys are fighting an uphill battle to get previously promised updates going and keep your user base happy (which btw I am one) With that said, I was really hoping for an announcement for cubase users at Namm and when I saw iPhone apps being released I really felt like...**** why is that more important than getting a fairly large group of people that would likely give you thousands of dollars to buy into your hardware/software platform that already exists? My logical mind sees it as a no brainer but I must be even more ignorant than I thought I was on these matters. So the question is do you have an estimated release for cubase users?
Old 24th January 2015

So I have good new Cubase users!! Some interesting things have come up and you may see an amazing solution for Cubase even sooner!

The Slate Remote is gonna be great for solo recording engineers btw. You can sit in your live room and remotely run the session, add new playlists, create new tracks, add favorite plugins... gonna be great!

Cheers,
Steven
Old 25th January 2015
Gear Maniac
Was there announcement explaining when this (that is, the Logic X version of batch commander and the iOS app) will be available?
Old 25th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
So I have good new Cubase users!! Some interesting things have come up and you may see an amazing solution for Cubase even sooner!

The Slate Remote is gonna be great for solo recording engineers btw. You can sit in your live room and remotely run the session, add new playlists, create new tracks, add favorite plugins... gonna be great!

Cheers,
Steven
That would be awesome! When are you going to have the Raven and Batch Command for Windows? I've been checking your site for a year and it still says *PC-compatibility will be available in a future release. I'm just sitting here with the $$$ waiting, lemme know!

Last edited by Rednose; 25th January 2015 at 07:09 AM..
Old 25th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven slate View Post
so i have good new cubase users!! Some interesting things have come up and you may see an amazing solution for cubase even sooner!

The slate remote is gonna be great for solo recording engineers btw. You can sit in your live room and remotely run the session, add new playlists, create new tracks, add favorite plugins... Gonna be great!

Cheers,
steven
awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 31st January 2015
I would love to find a way to make bigger the windows and the fonts..that small fonts are killing me... is there is any way?
Old 31st January 2015

The new update is due out next week and has all those bigger buttons and fonts and FULL WORDS! It's so much better. Free update!

Cheers,
Steven
Old 31st January 2015
Quote:
The new update is due out next week and has all those bigger buttons and fonts and FULL WORDS! It's so much better. Free update!

Cheers,
Steven
YOU are the Man!!!!!!! thanks !!!!!!
Old 11th February 2015
Gear Nut
what is the status on windows version?
Old 11th February 2015
Gear Nut

What monitors is Steve using in the video up the top?

Slate branded monitors?!
Old 11th February 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisebomber View Post
What monitors is Steve using in the video up the top?

Slate branded monitors?!
It's the Siren which was announced a couple of years back, but yet to be released I think..
I remember Steven raving about them with their emulations, from what I remember.
Old 11th February 2015
is the new update out?
Old 12th February 2015
Here for the gear

Yeah when we getting this?

Old 12th February 2015

Very close. This time we're rolling it out with a complete video tutorial series. I'll get more exact info from the team and report back.
SS
Old 15th February 2015
Quote:
Very close. This time we're rolling it out with a complete video tutorial series. I'll get more exact info from the team and report back.
SS
please, can't wait to customize my BC windows
Old 15th March 2015
Is there a pre made batch command for the Logic Function Bounce in Palce. Mostly every project I use, I set some plugins which I don´t touch again and want to Bounce in place them, as they need CPU and I don´t change them anyway. Like VCC for example. So, I have 40 Tracks I need to Bounce separate and this tooks time for track after track. A batch command would be great. any info on that?
Old 16th March 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalRichmen View Post
Is there a pre made batch command for the Logic Function Bounce in Palce. Mostly every project I use, I set some plugins which I don´t touch again and want to Bounce in place them, as they need CPU and I don´t change them anyway. Like VCC for example. So, I have 40 Tracks I need to Bounce separate and this tooks time for track after track. A batch command would be great. any info on that?
We have all of the Bounce functions set up as Batch Commands.. If you wanted to bounce a whole session worth of VCC you could use

1. Bounce in Place
2. Wait for Render
3. Cursor Down
repeat this 40 times and it will go down the session and bounce all the tracks in place either deleting or hiding the old tracks...
Old 16th March 2015
Lives for gear

Any news on release date yet , I really am looking forward to getting this.
Old 25th March 2015
Gear Nut
any update on windows release?
Old 25th March 2015
Lives for gear

Ok, this is brilliant. Thanks Steven!

p.s. will the slate remote be iphone/ipad only?
Old 25th March 2015
Lives for gear

I was going to demo this with Logic Pro X but noticed it is not out yet :(
Old 25th March 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leevi View Post
I was going to demo this with Logic Pro X but noticed it is not out yet :(
Yes, I just realized this. Waiting on logic x control...
Old 29th March 2015
Buying Raven mti for cubase

Quote:

Cheers,
Steven
hi Steven.

I was hoping to use the Raven mti with cubase 8 in the near future, meaning when it becomes available.

I was wondering if there were any reasons not to purchase the Raven mti now vs. waiting until cubase compatibility is released?

I do believe it will be a great control solution for my studio and looking forward to it.

I am installing some new studio renovations, some updates in mic locker, and moved to the focusrite rednet 1+4 system. Would be great to include the Raven in the next month.

Thank you in advance
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search