The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Bae 500series eq (coming Soon)
Old 24th January 2014
Lives for gear

Bae 500series eq (coming Soon)

Anybody saw this at Namm? Saw the picture at Bae's instagram.
Old 25th January 2014
Yes... $995
Attached Thumbnails
Bae 500series eq (coming Soon)-image_5981.jpg  
Old 25th January 2014
Gear Maniac

Looks like the e27. Curious what opamps are used in this bad boy.
Old 25th January 2014
Lud
Gear Addict

Damn! Thats great!!! but still expansive. That's war between rnd, bae and heritage audio with the inductor 1073 eq!
Old 25th January 2014
Lud
Gear Addict

I was actually wondering why bae were so discret those times! thats a great answer!!!
Old 25th January 2014
This RULES. I would love to hear it.
Old 25th January 2014
Gear Guru

if Avedis did it its gonna kill.
Old 25th January 2014
Lives for gear

Cheu, you reading this?
Old 25th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixing Suite View Post
Looks like the e27.
Half as many frequencies though, and more importantly some very important ones among the missing. As much as I'd love to see the e27 return, I can't really get too excited about this thing.
Old 25th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by andychamp View Post
Cheu, you reading this?
heh
Yes.. Avedis gave it to BAE.

Afaik this is the first eq that Avedis designed, the E15 (before the E27 and the MA5).
..basically the same as the E27 (Avedis is going to reintroduce the E27 soon) just with less frequency points.

I never saw the new bae built one, but should have Avedis 1122 opamps in it (as the e27 and the bae 312) and the same exact pcb and components that Avedis used for his first E15 (and E27).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lud View Post
Damn! Thats great!!! but still expansive. That's war between rnd, bae and heritage audio with the inductor 1073 eq!
The price is pretty nice, considering how it sounds, how time consuming is to make one, the high quality parts used and how other companies eq costs.
A piece like this is never going to cost 599.. it's impossible, unless you cut corners here and there.. but then your sound is gone..!
I admire Avedis for this.. he'll always try to get the best of the best..he doesn't care how many hours or $ spent on parts.. believe me, very very few companies think like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimS View Post
Half as many frequencies though, and more importantly some very important ones among the missing. As much as I'd love to see the e27 return, I can't really get too excited about this thing.
For who needs more freqs, just get the E27 for a little bit more (I believe around 200-250$ more).
As said Avedis is going to reintroduce them slowly..

If you look at other brands that have only 2 bands (and 4 freqs x band) the eq sounds so nice that you accept its limits, and may help you make drastic decisions faster.

The BAE E15 is a great way to have a FANTASTIC eq for less than 1k. (Just passing through the circuit you're going to hear some benefits, that's why people keep them in even without eqing while tracking).

Cheu

P.S.: I should get a job at BAE or Avedis.. ahahahah! LoL
Just for the sake of information, I just called Avedis few weeks ago for some questions and he told me all this stuff.. I'm not working for BAE or Avedis (unfortunately).
Old 25th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheu78 View Post
heh
Yes.. Avedis gave it to BAE.

Afaik this is the first eq that Avedis designed, the E15 (before the E27 and the MA5).
..basically the same as the E27 (Avedis is going to reintroduce the E27 soon) just with less frequency points.

I never saw the new bae built one, but should have Avedis 1122 opamps in it (as the e27 and the bae 312) and the same exact pcb and components that Avedis used for his first E15 (and E27).

The price is pretty nice, considering how it sounds, how time consuming is to make one and how other companies eq costs.

For who needs more freqs, just get the E27 for a little bit more (I believe around 200-250$ more).

The BAE E15 is a great way to have a FANTASTIC eq for less than 1k.

Cheu

P.S.: I should get a job at BAE or Avedis.. ahahahah! LoL
Just for the sake of information, I just called Avedis few weeks ago for some questions and he told me all this stuff.. I'm not working for BAE or Avedis (unfortunately).
Now THIS is exciting news! Thanks for the info!
Old 25th January 2014
Lud
Gear Addict

Quote:

The price is pretty nice, considering how it sounds, how time consuming is to make one, the high quality parts used and how other companies eq costs.
A piece like this is never going to cost 599.. it's impossible, unless you cut corners here and there.. but then your sound is gone..!
I admire Avedis for this.. he'll always try to get the best of the best..he doesn't care how many hours or $ spent on parts.. believe me, very very few companies think like this.
Hi Cheu,

So, i guess the heritage should be in that ballpark and i'll have, either way, to explode my bank account for a pair!

Have you seen what's seem to look a pre amp in brown colour just beside the eq? Do you know what is it? Could it be a different flavour pre? Any ideas?

Cheers.
Lud.
Old 25th January 2014
Lives for gear

I don't know what that is.. it looks like a 312b with a different faceplate..
I don't know nothing about it though.. maybe just a different face plate? Call bae, they're very friendly and they'll know for sure.. heh

Save your money and get the real thing.. the E15 (and E27) is not your "usual" eq..
The good thing is that if you want a stereo pair you could have it for less than 2k.. (and using them for tracking and mixing too).
This will be cheaper than saving 200$ in the first place, then selling the piece and get the real thing later..

Still not cheap, but look at what other companies charge for "pulteq" or 2bus eq's.. this looks immediately very reasonable..at least to me. (Also thinking to the quality of the parts and craftmanship involved.. no cheap pcb's, condensers, knobs, pots, etc.. this is hiend at a reasonable prices without cutting ANY corners).
Old 26th January 2014
Lud
Gear Addict

I've seen the Inward Connections The Brat! That's not an inductor eq but it seems fantastic (according to the streams of love for "The Brute").

There's really so much gear, so little time...
Old 26th January 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
if Avedis did it its gonna kill.
Avedis is the man!! Such a nice guy and does incredible work. Yes, this piece looks like an E27-lite. That price point is very fair for such a piece of gear. It's comparable to an API 550A which list at $1100. Kudos to BAE and Avedis. Those guys have been elevating audio for the past what, 20 years?
Old 26th January 2014
QRS
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lud View Post
have you seen what's seem to look a pre amp in brown colour just beside the eq? Do you know what is it? Could it be a different flavour pre? Any ideas?

Cheers.
Lud.
bae 312b
Attached Thumbnails
Bae 500series eq (coming Soon)-bae-312b.jpg  
Old 26th January 2014
Lud
Gear Addict

^Thanks for the picture QRS. It seems the same pre as the "matt sorum" 312b without beeing "matt sorum" :-)
Old 26th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lud View Post
^Thanks for the picture QRS. It seems the same pre as the "matt sorum" 312b without beeing "matt sorum" :-)
Yep... I believe the Matt Sorum finish was sort of a limited edition thing..

Cheu
Old 20th February 2014
Lud
Gear Addict

BAE B15 on FB
Attached Thumbnails
Bae 500series eq (coming Soon)-bae-b15.jpg  
Old 20th February 2014
TRW
Lives for gear

Looks sick!

Felt nice at NAMM, switches are very positive and Neve-esque.

So this is going to sound the same as the e27?

-T
Old 20th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRW View Post
Looks sick!

Felt nice at NAMM, switches are very positive and Neve-esque.

So this is going to sound the same as the e27?

-T
Afaik yes.. same components inside..just less freq points..
heh

Cheu
Old 20th February 2014
TRW
Lives for gear

Quote:
Afaik yes.. same components inside..just less freq points..
heh

Cheu
Ace! Would like to try these vs 550A... got some empty slots!
Old 20th February 2014
Lud
Gear Addict

Don't forget the forthcoming heritage eq
Attached Thumbnails
Bae 500series eq (coming Soon)-heritage-1073-proto.jpg  
Old 20th February 2014
Gear Guru

I want the B27!!!
bring it..I'll buy a bunch.
Old 22nd February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
I want the B27!!!
bring it..I'll buy a bunch.
You could get the Avedis E27, since he's going to reintroduce it.. heh

Cheu
Old 22nd February 2014
Gear Guru

Quote:
You could get the Avedis E27, since he's going to reintroduce it.. heh

Cheu
When?!!!
Old 23rd February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
When?!!!
well.. you should ask Avedis.. I'm not sure and I don't want to tell you some bs... I believe it's a matter of months.. but I don't know how many.. but Avedis is going to reintroduce them soon.. this is certain! heh

He will take his time, so he told me about a month ago.. but I would guess (just my guess) in about maybe 2-3 months...? Dunno for sure though.. pure speculation..
You live in LA.. give him a call.. you will get first hand news..

For sure it's the best sounding eq in the whole 500 series.

Cheu
Old 6th April 2014
Quote:
well.. you should ask Avedis.. I'm not sure and I don't want to tell you some bs... I believe it's a matter of months.. but I don't know how many.. but Avedis is going to reintroduce them soon.. this is certain! heh

He will take his time, so he told me about a month ago.. but I would guess (just my guess) in about maybe 2-3 months...? Dunno for sure though.. pure speculation..
You live in LA.. give him a call.. you will get first hand news..

For sure it's the best sounding eq in the whole 500 series.

Cheu
yep..agreed..I called him and I have 2 on order to add to my other pair
Old 11th June 2015
News Desk Editor

Hardware

Quote:
BAE Audio Debuts the B15 EQ - Gearslutz.com

BAE Audio, manufacturer of audio equipment faithful to vintage design specifications, introduces its latest sonic creation: the B15 multi-band
BAE Audio, manufacturer of audio equipment faithful to vintage design specifications, introduces its latest sonic creation: the B15 multi-band equalizer.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search