The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Goodhertz Tupe
Old 24th November 2020
Lives for gear
Goodhertz Tupe

https://goodhertz.co/tupe/

The next plugin from Goodhertz! — landing February 2021 — presale starts November 23rd, 2020.

A timeless pairing — vacuum tube amplification & magnetic tape recording — brought to you in one quick & (possibly) dirty plugin: Tupe (/'tüp/).

From gentle harmonic enhancement to completely fuzzed-out distortion and saturation, Tupe was designed to reproduce some of our all-time favorite tape machines and tube circuits together. Combined with Tupe’s super expressive filter section, you can mix and match tubes, tapes, and filtering for an infinite range of analog color and vibe.

Super curious to hear how it sounds.
Old 27th November 2020
Gear Nut

Old 27th November 2020
Gear Addict

Another example on some DI guitar:

Old 1st December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Bought the presale, hope you can change the Tube and Tape amount controls to the usual sliders.
Also please add Freq, Resonance, and Slope controls to the Filter, as in LoHi, Tone Control and Tiltshift.
In the current state, I find there's too much unused space.
From the videos, it sounds great. Can't wait to use it as a guitar amp.
Gear Addict

Thanks! The filter is a completely different design compared to Lohi or Tiltshift so it's not going to behave the same — it took a lot of listening tests and modeling to get right, but I think you'll like it Tupe's filter does already have independent frequency, slope, and resonance controls (which are easy to access). I think it'll probably make more sense once you try out the beta!

We've been using it A LOT for guitar and bass DI. It's perfect for it especially with zero latency.
Lives for gear

Great to hear! And are you still thinking about the Tape and Tube control tipe vs Slider or Knob or another better option that you can come up with?
Old 3rd December 2020 | Show parent
Old 5th December 2020
Lives for gear

Can’t wait!!!
Old 5th December 2020
Gear Head

soo looking forward to this
Old 6th December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinkerr View Post
Thanks! The filter is a completely different design compared to Lohi or Tiltshift so it's not going to behave the same — it took a lot of listening tests and modeling to get right, but I think you'll like it Tupe's filter does already have independent frequency, slope, and resonance controls (which are easy to access). I think it'll probably make more sense once you try out the beta!

We've been using it A LOT for guitar and bass DI. It's perfect for it especially with zero latency.
Sold me at zero latency. Bought.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Incredibly pumped for the beta, hopefully just a few more days away!

Definitely hoping this will be the ultimate tool for DI guitars and basses, so that comment gives me reassurance. If it really does kick ass in that regard it could be the basis for a standalone hardware unit etc. like was kinda hinted at on that podcast, perhaps?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The beta is coming!
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pali View Post
The beta is coming!
I can’t wait!!!! Been checking every few hours for the email about the beta haha.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pali View Post
The beta is coming!
You've heard something recently or just going by the original announcement? I preordered but haven't heard anything since.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazealigned View Post
You've heard something recently or just going by the original announcement? I preordered but haven't heard anything since.
Only waiting
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear