The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
IK Multimedia unveils AmpliTube 5
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by telecode View Post
I agree with this. But IKM do the business the way they do it. Also, there is a huge difference between the price of IKM stuff and FF. So that is not comparison.
It IS a comparison. It looks like they are ripping off the people who CAN'T afford the big boy toys. That's worse!
Old 21 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
Today is not the release day for AmpliTube 5, sorry to say.
What about today?
Old 20 hours ago | Show parent
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofort View Post
What about today?
Nope. You'll know when it is out (especially if you subscribe to our newsletter or check our web site).

But we have released a new video where you can hear the new cabinet section / VIR™ in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4PxofrpNj0

Gear Head

Never mind...

Last edited by snackbar65; 20 hours ago at 07:45 PM.. Reason: Replying to old info
Quote:
Originally Posted by snackbar65;15****03
So it’s tomorrow!
And if not tomorrow, I bet it'll be on some day after that!
Old 19 hours ago | Show parent
Here for the gear
Quote:
Nope. You'll know when it is out (especially if you subscribe to our newsletter or check our web site).

But we have released a new video where you can hear the new cabinet section / VIR™ in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4PxofrpNj0

Little question for your devs. I assume, they've once again modeled the SM57 with the "Fredman Technique". In AT4 this mic option was labeled with "45°". However, the inventor of this technique states in this video (https://youtu.be/P-s6KwXQU8U) that the correct angle is acutally 55°. So either this configuration was wrongly modeled or just wrongly labeled. Whatever the case, I hope that this mistake has been corrected for AT5.
Gear Maniac

Cubase 11 got released on 11/11 at 11:11.

What about 12/5th at 5:05?
Old 19 hours ago
Gear Head

Peter, you like to "relay things to the team", lol. Well, relay this.

While you dodged on the release date, an awesome guitar suite was released a week ago. No name drops, everyone knows what's the deal, it's a flaming hot topic over to new product alert.

After testing it, I changed my mind, I changed my route, you get zero dollars, that company gets the money. "The train has left the station".

Now go on and dodge on the release some more, see if you lose more sales.

Seriously, people, enough. Unethical companies must be punished by the dollar, whoever it may be.

You mess around with us? You wanna try us? No pay! No money! Basta!
Old 19 hours ago
Company Rep

Good for you.
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr0stbyte;15****93
Little question for your devs. I assume, they've once again modeled the SM57 with the "Fredman Technique". In AT4 this mic option was labeled with "45°". However, the inventor of this technique states in this video (https://youtu.be/P-s6KwXQU8U) that the correct angle is acutally 55°. So either this configuration was wrongly modeled or just wrongly labeled. Whatever the case, I hope that this mistake has been corrected for AT5.
I was told the modeling was exactly right for the technique when I mentioned this from a user inquiry about AmpliTube 4.

Edit - as with this clip https://fredmandigital.com/products/fredman-clip
Here for the gear
Quote:
I was told the modeling was exactly right for the technique when I mentioned this from a user inquiry about AmpliTube 4.

Edit - as with this clip https://fredmandigital.com/products/fredman-clip
OK, that's the correct clip. I assume it was just wrongfully labelled with 45° in AT4 then.
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco_well;15****98
Cubase 11 got released on 11/11 at 11:11.

What about 12/5th at 5:05?
I've seen someone mention December, 5th as the release date on Facebook. Maybe it's true.
Old 18 hours ago | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakymoon View Post

While you dodged on the release date, an awesome guitar suite was released a week ago. No name drops, everyone knows what's the deal, it's a flaming hot topic over to new product alert.

After testing it, I changed my mind, I changed my route, you get zero dollars, that company gets the money. "The train has left the station".

Seriously, people, enough. Unethical companies must be punished by the dollar, whoever it may be.

I have to say, even by the standards of this thread, this post is kinda bananas.
Old 18 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
A bunch of stupid keyboard dribble
No one cares, go away. Stop being rude to nice people.
Old 17 hours ago
Gear Maniac

@ Peter : you know these kind of videos makes it even harder to wait! :-D Sounds great by the way!
Old 16 hours ago | Show parent
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr0stbyte View Post
I've seen someone mention December, 5th as the release date on Facebook. Maybe it's true.
Not from IK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy.c. View Post
I have to say, even by the standards of this thread, this post is kinda bananas.
This thread is bananas B-A-N-A-N-A-S (sorry Gwen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Ness View Post
No one cares, go away. Stop being rude to nice people.
It is OK. There's a lot of anticipation for AmpliTube 5 and it can apparently turn into frustration. I'm glad they found something to suit them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theXbucket View Post
@ Peter : you know these kind of videos makes it even harder to wait! :-D Sounds great by the way!
I know! I don't want to make anybody any more frustrated (we can see what happens in some cases) but these do demonstrate how great it sounds and I know this first hand and can't wait for you all to also experience AmpliTube 5 in all its glory.
Old 16 hours ago | Show parent
I really like the way the mic/speaker/cab can be manipulated and the cool graphic; much easier to understand than a separate EQ. This is a great evolution of the control dashboard.
Old 12 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:

grow up.
Old 12 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy.c. View Post
this thread has gone to the crapster. i am off to the new gear thread to see what this new amp sim is on the market.

btw.. i checked out the Surrey amp thing. its cool sounding. but its a totally different product than AT 5. no comparison.
Old 11 hours ago
Gear Head

I also looked at the Surrey amp and it sounded nice, but I need something to give me late 90s fuzzy synth rock tones and that ain't it.
Old 4 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by telecode View Post
this thread has gone to the crapster. i am off to the new gear thread to see what this new amp sim is on the market.

btw.. i checked out the Surrey amp thing. its cool sounding. but its a totally different product than AT 5. no comparison.
helix Native is till my faveroute Amp Sim and all new gear is free...its currently 30% off and there is a full 15 day demo you can try.

https://uk.line6.com/helix/helixnative.html
Old 3 hours ago
Gear Addict

Just checked the IK site for new deals only to find out Amplitube 5 is out. Did not see any announcements of this anywhere.
Then I checked for the new features. Nice new GUI, no rig player unfortunately. But after that I checked the upgrade pricing, this was a total WOW!

The upgrade price for an owner of Amplitube 3, Amplitube 4, Amplitube 4 Total studio MAX 2 and 2 expansions is a whopping 300 Euro ex VAT! This feels like having to buy into it all over again. I'm not even going to bother checking out a demo of this software, just feeling ripped off and pissed.

This "upgrade' price also gives me the non-discounted full version of TH-U and leaving room for a couple if rig expansions.

Was expecting something like 99 for the upgrade. But hey, it's a free market and there are dozens of decent to extremely good alternatives.

[b]EDIT: [/]

After reading through the thread, it all seems a bit different than it looked at first sight. It made sense to me that I would need to upgrade to AT 5 MAX from my AT 4 MAX. But this seems not the case.

From how I perceive it now, they are focussed on the custom store and gear that you unlocked on a previous purchase stays unlocked.
The different version of 5 are all the same, except for the additional gear you want to unlock.

And the unlocked gear is updated to the latest version. So that makes it a completely different case, where my upgrade would indeed be 99 Euro (ex VAT). Unless I want to unlock the additional gear that AT 5 has over both version 4 and the 5 SE version. Then I would be in for 149

Well, that sounds just reasonable and expected. But it's not really well communicated from their website. If I would not be on GS regularly and checking new releases here, IK would have lost me as a customer. Just saying :D
@ Peter : Sorry, but left my initial opinion for you to see my first response on the website info as well.

Last edited by eagle007; 2 hours ago at 01:20 PM..
Old 1 hour ago | Show parent
Gear Addict
Technically it isn't 'out', just 'announced' - you cant get it yet, its hasn't been released.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear