Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

We're here if you have any questions!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBPAC View Post
We're here if you have any questions!
I do! I had already asked on another thread, maybe you didn't get the notification. Below is my original message, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoox View Post
● Can the X1 function without the C1 i.e. directly connected to my audio interface? Can multiple X1 be used without the C1?
● Is the removable mini I/O module necessary for operation without the C1 or can audio cables be connected directly to the X1?
● The C1 has a USB Type-C port, is this used just for power?
● Will the software run on PC? Is the software able to configure each connected X1 individually or are settings applied to all connected units equally? How does the software talk to the X1 (USB/Wireless)? Does the software control any parameters of the C1 or just the X1?
● Does the X1 run on batteries? If so, can it run without batteries? How long does the battery last?
● When used without the C1, does the X1's headphone output still function?
● When using the X1 in the studio, should I connect my headphones directly to my audio interface, the X1's own headphone output or the headphone output on the front of the C1?
● Does the C1 perform any AD-DA conversion on the incoming analogue audio signal?
● Is the C1 knob able to control the headphone output level independently of the other line outputs on the rear of the box?

Sorry if some of these questions are obvious. It might help if the website included diagrams showing how the system is connected for typical use cases.

Thank you
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoox View Post
I do! I had already asked on another thread, maybe you didn't get the notification. Below is my original message, thanks!
Answering here as well just in case others have the same qs:
  • Yes the X1 can function without the C1. Ideally you can connect the X1 to your interface via monitor line-out/alt line-out. If using multiple X1s without the C1 we'd recommend splitting the source signal to as many 3.5mm connections as you need. It is also possible to use an aggregate device and transmit via Bluetooth/use a multi-Bluetooth transmitter for casual listening.
  • The removable mini controller with 3.5mm I/O is where you connect audio cables into the SUBPAC X1. If you aren't needing the headphone out, you can also connect via USB-C audio or Bluetooth.
  • The C1 can also receive digital audio and control data over USB-C.
  • Yes the software will be available on PC and yes you can adjust the DSP for each individual X1. The software communicates with the X1 both via USB and wirelessly via BLE GATT, and the software can control parameters of both the C1 and X1.
  • The SUBPAC X1 has an extended battery capacity for an expected 8+ hours of use. Actual time may vary based on how hard you drive the system. The X1 can also run when plugged in w/out charge.
  • Yes the X1 features a best in class ESS Sabre headphone amp for an excellent signal to noise ratio.
  • We would recommend connecting to the headphone output of either the C1 or X1 for hardware control over levels and quick on/off A/B/C.
  • If analogue into the C1 then AD-DA but if digital in via USB-C then DA.
  • Yes exactly with the C1 you will have full independent and locked level control between your monitors/headphones/SUBPAC X1.

We're working on getting some diagrams together but we hope this answers those questions!
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear