The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Shivaudyo: New studio monitors company
Old 8th July 2020
Lightbulb Shivaudyo: New studio monitors company

Hello guys,

I'm Alex from Shivaudyo, a newer company that produces high end studio monitors.

In the last two years we have produced studio monitors for several studios, and now we want to launch a model on the market.

We have been researching and developing Speakers for many years, as a result we can produce almost any type of design.

I'm posting here because I want to see what you think.

How do you want to be a new pair of studio monitors?

Do you prefer monitors with control directivity (cardioids)?

Or Monitors with very big SPL ?

Or monitors that accurately reproduce transients?

Please tell me what features you want the studio monitors to have.

We will analyze what you want and will probably be found in the next studio monitors that will appear on the market.

If you have any questions, I am at your disposal.

Thanks,

Alex

https://www.facebook.com/Shivaudyo-101269967922832/
Old 8th July 2020
Here for the gear

Hi Alex,

So what makes your designs stand out and being unique besides SB Acoustic drivers (which are very good drivers btw

There is a big market in speakers.
So what's your vision?
For example, are you focusing on active speakers or passive, entry market, mid or exclusive etc.
For mixing purpose, mastering or maybe even hifi listening?

Going for speakers as it is, design speakers, speakers with correction software or correction switches?
Or even better in my opinion, designing speakers for matching the room? (besides acoustic treatment) which will make every product unique, but will also bring up the price tag if you're looking to the business model.

Looking forward to your reply

Ps. Have you tried the ADC alloy dome? Really really good off axis response excellent detail and can be crossed pretty low.
Old 8th July 2020
Hello,
We have made studio monitors in almost all types of designs for specific orders.
We have practical experience with almost all types of speakers.
This post refers to studio monitors at the highest level of sound quality.
Passive design comes out of the calculation, the monitors will be active, amplified + DSP if necessary.

In this case we are talking about studio monitors, not Hi-Fi speakers.

These monitors will go below 30 Hz (-3dB)

If we choose to use the DSP, then the speakers will also have the option of room calibration.

So far we have tested almost all models of drivers on the market in order to select the most performing, or the most suitable for a particular design.

We also tested "ADC alloy dome", we don't use it, there are other more efficient ones ...

For us, the level of detail that it can reproduce also matters a lot.

The transients must be reproduced accurately, and the coloring must be as small as possible.

Some of the speakers we work with are modified, are not the models at the store.
Old 8th July 2020
We know that there are many expensive studio monitors on the market, but from our experience I can say that some of them are poor in quality, even if they are sold at a high price.

We want our monitors to be extremely performant, but to be sold at a relatively low price. That's why I think we will sell them directly, without local distributors and other intermediaries.
Old 8th July 2020
Gear Maniac
scam?
Old 8th July 2020
What scam ''AlogicUser''?
The truth is that it is very difficult to choose a speaker design.
Each design has advantages, but also disadvantages.
Some monitors are created to integrate as well as possible in the room, others to reproduce the sound as accurately as possible.
We use the most advanced technology in the field, but we cannot have all the advantages in one speaker.
We try to see what you want the most.
Old 9th July 2020
Here for the gear

Hi Alex,

But what makes your product unique?
If you look to Amphion, Genelec, Krk, Adam, ATC etc. they all have a signature, a selling point.
The points you listed, described that your company is capable of implementing the needs for a good speaker design...
But i can only find a facebook page and a not working website. That's one of the first things to start working on in my opinion.

Where can we find reports, measurements etc.. What about projects information about the designs, "happy customers"
What where the pros and cons which lead to adjustments during the process and so on. Why should we pick your product instead of the ones mentioned above?

I think you need to focus (a lot) more on marketing, otherwise it would/could be very hard to sell the product.. just a tip
Old 9th July 2020
Thanks for your opinion 'splitpen'.
I'm not here to promote a product, because it doesn't exist yet.
The website and advertising will appear as soon as our product is ready.
We want to launch the product in this fall.
Old 11th July 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander_Music View Post
Hello guys,
How do you want to be a new pair of studio monitors?
I myself am like of objectively good monitors like the Genelec or the Neumanns, with a measurably flat frequency response which can also be reproduced at home, Klippel, outside on a high stand or of course by other professionals.

After that, my checklist would be:
- Size, up and around 300x180x200mm would be ideal
- Closed over ported, and if ported on the front
- Deep waveguide to control directivity
- Good materials
- Value for money

Quote:
Do you prefer monitors with control directivity (cardioids)?
So, yes.
Quote:
Or Monitors with very big SPL?
Not really relevant for me, because of my small room.
Quote:
Or monitors that accurately reproduce transients?
A very big yes.
Quote:
Please tell me what features you want the studio monitors to have.
Function over form, while remaining compact. A good example for me is the Neumann KH 310. Which I find to be a near perfect monitor (out of my price range & too big for my room). As for DSP, I really like the implementation of the iLoud MTM, but the microphone should be an extra, I wouldn't want to pay for 2 microphones when I would only use 1 anyway.

Good materials and value for money are both similar and different for me. I'm going to deviate to hi-fi a bit but, the Buchardt A500 sounds good but uses the SB Acoustics SB19ST-C000-4 and two SB Acoustics SB17NRX2C35. Using EU retail prices for the driver units, this means that they have a profit margin of 92% (I know, research, amplifier and whatnot) but the APS Coax has a profit margin of 75% and the Abacus Cortex 6 of 72%, while the SWSpeakers SWร–X goes as low as 58%. A rough estimate of the Neumann KH 120 & Genelec 8030 would put them in the 80-85% range (their drivers are based on the Peerless HDS). Please understand, I'm not trying to force you to undervalue your monitors, but I just wanted to share my opinion/findings.

I'm in the process of buying new monitors right now, and I tend to invest a bit too much of my time and my interest goes out to the:
Neumann KH120A
Genelec 8030C
Abacus Cortex 6

Of which the last one has no measurements available, but the rest of my boxes are ticked so I'm trying to audition them at home.
Old 13th September 2020
Hello guys,
I apologize for the absence, but I've been very busy lately.
I worked hard on the development of new studio monitors.
We have a prototype that we tested intensively and we are very satisfied with the result.
It drops below 30Hz in the anechoic chamber and below 20Hz in a normal chamber.
It is cardioid over 140Hz. (passive cardioid)
It has a very good integration in the rooms compared to the classic monitors.
Uses 2 subwoofers of 10 '' each monitor, configured to cancel the vibration of the box.
Use 2 X 6.5 '' Mid-Woofers with aluminum membrane and a tweeter also with aluminum membrane.
All speakers were selected after testing multiple models.

The sound is extremely natural and detailed.

I'll be back with details.

Alexander.
Old 13th September 2020
Old 13th September 2020
Old 15th September 2020
Lives for gear

Looks nice, woofer and tweeter looks familiar, nice to see the newcomers are using quality parts!
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Looks promising Alexander, nice!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Looks very cool whats your price bracket?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander_Music View Post
Point Zero - the first measurements

https://www.facebook.com/Shivaudyo-101269967922832

What smoothing is that?
Old 4 weeks ago
Hello guys,

The price for this model I would like to be around 6000 Euro + transport.
But I'm thinking of modifying them to be a little cheaper. I want to make them with 8 '' subwoofers instead of 10 ''
With 8 '' subwoofers it would cost about 4500 Euro + transport.

At the moment, this type of monitor costs at least double.

I'm working on improving, I'll put the tweeter in the waveguide to control the dispersion better.

What do you think about the models, as you would like, with an 8 '' or 10 '' subwoofer?

Both models will go down to 30Hz in the anechoic chamber and approximately 20Hz in a normal chamber, if it allows.
๐Ÿ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
๐Ÿ–จ๏ธ Show Printable Version
โœ‰๏ธ Email this Page
๐Ÿ” Search thread
๐ŸŽ™๏ธ View mentioned gear