The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Help us make the best speaker stands ever!
Old 27th June 2020
Lives for gear

Help us make the best speaker stands ever!

Hi everyone! Alex Sterling here from Precision Sound Studios. Iā€™m starting an exciting new venture with Crossley Acoustics.

We're developing, designing, and manufacturing products for musicians, producers, and engineers for their studios. We can't say much just yet, but the first product will be a robust, beautiful, and functional studio monitor/speaker stand. Before we commit to our design, we want to hear from you what we could do to make the best product possible to fit your needs!

We've put together a 5 minute survey with some simple questions about you, your studio, and your monitors. Your feedback will go a long way towards helping us accomplish what we're setting out to do.
Thank you very much!

Click here to take the survey:
https://www.crossleyacoustics.com/speakerstands
Old 27th June 2020
Lives for gear
Filled out!

I dream of a sturdy pair of stands that allow me to stack two pairs of monitors on the vertical plane, like you can with some Sound Anchor models, but without costing $1k+ for a pair.

I think the geometry of the base should also take flexibility of positioning close to desks into account, and is something a lot of manufacturers overlook. A larger top plate that is big enough for three-ways, but not overly big for smaller pairs would be cool too, i.e. larger than 9"x9"
Old 28th June 2020
Lives for gear

Excellent suggestions! Thank you!
Old 28th June 2020
Lives for gear

Yeah I can't bothered to fill out a form but I would like a set of speaker stands with extra wide tops and a large base to put two set of speakers next to each other on. That is a good idea.
Old 28th June 2020
Lives for gear

Cool stuff. Great company to take on the job.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Very interesting.

I just filled out the survey. I eventually got tired looking for what I needed and made my own out of wood (speaker top and base) and PVC (body). Filled those babies up with sand and spray painted them gloss white. The only thing I wish I had the know-how to build at the time, were adjustable stands. But that will be my next upgrade.

Will you guys be building just one stand, or several? One for the budget-minded, another for those with bigger pockets? Or would you make it...modular? (Here's an idea...)
Imagine if the base for the speaker can be switched out, so if you want a super wide base to hold 2 monitors each (as requested above), you're free to do so.

I think height adjustable stands are incredibly important, but for me, motorized height adjustment isn't really a factor, but I can see how some people (especially those with heavy monitors) may see the value in that. It'll really ramp up costs though, so that's another factor.

Ideally, it should be able to be filled with something (sand, lead shot?), with the option of coupling or decoupling the base (spikes or padding). When I build my stands I initially wanted to couple them to the floor, but the floor is tiled, and I realised the tiles in that area weren't layed properly, and there was an air gap between the floor and tiling, which would be a nightmare had I not filled them with sand. I decided to decouple/isolate them from the floor instead. Also, consider a Sorbothane option to decouple the monitors from the stands. I just use Sorbothane Hemispheres for that job, and they work excellent!

And don't forget a compartment for cable management. A tidy space is a happy space. Good luck to you guys! I hope this and all your ventures are a wonderful success, cheers.
šŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
šŸ–Øļø Show Printable Version
āœ‰ļø Email this Page
šŸ” Search thread
šŸŽ™ļø View mentioned gear