The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Buchardt Audio Accounces The A500
Old 22nd January 2020
Lives for gear
Buchardt Audio Accounces The A500

So, I didn't see a topic about this, which is understandable as Buchardt isn't a well-known brand in the studio monitor business, but they have quite the offering that I think you guys might be interested in.

Buchardt Audio recently released the S400, which received rave reviews for their design, wide sound dispersion, and accurate sound reproduction. Now, they're releasing a new monitor that builds on the S400's design, with some huge improvements and a new approach to room-correction, dsp and wireless sound systems. The A500 is an active, sealed 3-way monitor that promises to extremely low distortion, a freq response from 25hz - 40khz +-1.5db, WISA and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity for home and professional use.

The A500 can be connected to other WISA devices and controlled wirelessly with their wireless hub and remote (sold separately).

Technical Specifications:
Quote:
Amplifiers: 3 x 150 watt class D Amplifiers (each speaker)

Operating principle: 2.5-way Or 3-way sealed enclosure

Tweeter: 1 x 0,74" Custom fine weave soft fabric textile with CDC aluminum waveguide

Mid / woofer: 1 x 6" linear long stroke paper cone

Rear / subwoofer: 1 x 6" linear long stroke paper cone

Frequency response: 25 - 40.000 Hz +/- 1.5dB

DSP: Quad Core processor

DAC chip: Dual CS4398

Crossover Point: 150 hz / 2800 hz

Wireless: WiSA 24 bit / 96khz lossless. Can be paired across brands up to 7.1 setup

Cabled analogue input: Balanced / unbalanced XLR

Measurements (h x w x d): 365 x 180 x 280 mm

Input voltage: 100-240 Volts AC auto adjusting (EU & US power cords incl.)

Weight: 25 kg / pair

The A500 starts at €3500 for the pair, but can be pre-ordered for €3200.
Old 23rd January 2020
Lives for gear

The A500 is promising to be something very special, if it's basically an improved and active version of the S400 that we really like ( Buchardt Audio S400 ). Can't wait to give it a proper test drive!
Old 23rd January 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidtrax View Post
The A500 is promising to be something very special, if it's basically an improved and active version of the S400 that we really like ( Buchardt Audio S400 ). Can't wait to give it a proper test drive!
I'm excited about it too, as I've been eyeing the S400 and was planning to purchase it, but this seems like the much better buy.

Though I really won't compare the two; they have similar designs and perhaps a similar tone, but from the specs and features, the A500 is in a completely different class to the S400.

I think for what they're offering, the price is great but I'd need to save up for this baby.

I'm a bit skeptical about their room correction though, as they're using iPhones to mic and measure the signals, although the correction is only applied to the low mids and sub band... I believe <250hz
Old 24th January 2020
Gear Maniac
Soon to follow A700

Mads Buchardt: “ A700 floorstander : All the same jazz, just with 4 x 150 w amps and a 3.5 way design instead of a 2.5 way or 3 way depending on the configuration of the A500. This will have waveguide, 6" midrange, 2 x 6" woofers in front (17-200hz) and on the back 2 x 6" woofers (17-100hz).

A700 would be 5000 euro including VAT, TAX, import fees and worldwide shipping.“
Old 25th February 2020
Lives for gear

Do these count as a sealed design ?
Old 25th February 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JblKid95 View Post
Do these count as a sealed design ?
Yes, mostly because they are.
Old 25th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grrremlin View Post
Yes, mostly because they are.
Any experience with them in music production ? Are the bright dark? Etc
Old 25th February 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JblKid95 View Post
Any experience with them in music production ? Are the bright dark? Etc
They haven't been released yet.
Old 4 hours ago
Here for the gear

These speakers seem to pack a lot for the money, and to even open doors for revolutionary workflows... nobody got a chance to ear them yet?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search