Old 16th January 2020
Gear Head

Old 16th January 2020
Gear Addict

Wow
Old 16th January 2020
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Curious about this! I was recently thinking how I’d use VMR a lot more if the eq’s were as good as PSP’s.
Old 17th January 2020
Gear Addict

Watched a review in Spanish caught a few gems...

The interface looks great: gain, filters, comp, eq, master, inserts, inserts
Old 17th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelDroste View Post
Watched a review in Spanish caught a few gems...

The interface looks great: gain, filters, comp, eq, master, inserts, inserts
Did you find a video somewhere? Please link it! Can't find anything on this, looks super cool.

EDIT: Just found it On their FB page.
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Yes we need another take on the modular channelstrip. See, their stuff sounds great and the guys of PSP are so likeable

(everytime I see pics from namm, you see him smiling and being cool AF)
Attached Thumbnails
PSP Audioware InfiniStrip!!!-psp.jpg  
Old 17th January 2020
PSP release great products, big sound, easy on cpu and friendly guis.. I'm in.
Old 17th January 2020
M2E
Lives for gear

Are these re-issues of what we have in 500 series?
If so, no thanks but if these are new, I'm in.
PSP does make great stuff with low cpu.

Thanks, Marc
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

low CPU? uhm E27 is really heavy!
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Will some of these be stripped-down/redesigned versions of existing plugins (I own most of the PSP line) or all new? Either way it’s exciting as hell. I assume it’ll be modular based purchases and not the whole kit as one.
Old 17th January 2020
M2E
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAudioBot View Post
low CPU? uhm E27 is really heavy!
I agree, unnecessary high as well. I don't even use it but I'am waiting on them to do a lower cpu version hopefully.

Other than that, they are pretty good on cpu.

Marc
Old 17th January 2020
Gear Addict

oh god, not more virtual racks inside our DAWs please. It's taken 5+ years of begging for Slate to split his out and he still hasn't. Real mixers don't want arbitrary containers inside the already supplied containers in a DAW that gives you a clear, easy way to manage everything (esp if using hardware controllers like D-Command/ICON/S6)
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBDA1176 View Post
oh god, not more virtual racks inside our DAWs please. It's taken 5+ years of begging for Slate to split his out and he still hasn't. Real mixers don't want arbitrary containers inside the already supplied containers in a DAW that gives you a clear, easy way to manage everything (esp if using hardware controllers like D-Command/ICON/S6)
“Real mixers”,

It’s a good thing you’re here to tell us all what real mixers want then .
Old 17th January 2020
Gear Maniac

This and soothe2 just
Old 18th January 2020
Lives for gear

This one has potential :¬)

I hope the price takes into account standalone versions you already own, or total PSP spend etc.
Old 18th January 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twrogstudio View Post
“Real mixers”,

It’s a good thing you’re here to tell us all what real mixers want then .

I think by real mixers he meant people that actually mix full time and have to utilize their time efficiently, not enthusiasts, students, producers, or even tracking engineers... With that said I agree with him. Containers suck for people that have set workflows, especially those who need to get ideas out quickly. The only thing worse than plugin containers are Pro Tools ****73 errors on a maxed out rig

Containers aside I'm sure a lot of people will love these plugins. PSP has had great quality stuff for years.
Old 18th January 2020
Here for the gear

'Please make a channelstrip' was something I asked them on FB a few months ago. Unsurprisingly they were way ahead of me

If you get a hefty discount if you own the existing plug-ins and this is basically a 'customize your own psp channelstrip' (which is what it looks like) then this is a dream come true for me. I love their EQs and compressors.
Old 18th January 2020
Lives for gear

I had a quick look at this on Thursday, a few things jumped out at me. First, zero latency so you can track through it in Native. (Might be different in HDX since you prob have to use an HDX plug first.) The next thing is that the different eq's and comps are able to use the same slot - when you switch between them they maintain their relative settings. This makes it easy to compare the sonic difference between an FET and an optical for example.

I also dislike the sl8 virtual racks but this looks to be something I will use.

Also, I need to disclose I have beta tested several PSP products, but not this one. I first saw and heard it on Thursday.

Best...H
Old 18th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by logichead View Post
I had a quick look at this on Thursday, a few things jumped out at me. First, zero latency so you can track through it in Native. (Might be different in HDX since you prob have to use an HDX plug first.) The next thing is that the different eq's and comps are able to use the same slot - when you switch between them they maintain their relative settings. This makes it easy to compare the sonic difference between an FET and an optical for example.

I also dislike the sl8 virtual racks but this looks to be something I will use.

Also, I need to disclose I have beta tested several PSP products, but not this one. I first saw and heard it on Thursday.

Best...H
That's how McDSP 6050 works - very cool/handy.
Old 18th January 2020
Gear Nut

Can anyone confirm if there's an SSL modeled EQ in the bundle? Really looking forward to this
Old 18th January 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
low CPU? the E27 is really heavy!

Is the mix version heavy compared to the 2bus version?

E27 sounds so good. Think oversampling is built in. If it could achieve the same result with a lower CPU (like a big difference) PSP would have optimized it.

PSP is one of the only developers were saying "CPU heavy" is a good thing.
Old 19th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsoily View Post
Is the mix version heavy compared to the 2bus version?

E27 sounds so good. Think oversampling is built in. If it could achieve the same result with a lower CPU (like a big difference) PSP would have optimized it.

PSP is one of the only developers were saying "CPU heavy" is a good thing.
All versions are CPU heavy. In my observations the main point of the E27 is the extremely wide Q factor with little to moderate boosts/cuts....(compared to regular EQ's the Q was somewhere around 0.18 or 0.2 if I remember right) which has a strong effect...of course there is the transformer color etc but it's subtle IMO.

anyway, I have a soft spot for PSP myself since many years and love the company for some reason (and own several plugin licenses). the guys seem great and the plugins are fantastic.
Old 19th January 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
All versions are CPU heavy. In my observations the main point of the E27 is the extremely wide Q factor with little to moderate boosts/cuts....(compared to regular EQ's the Q was somewhere around 0.18 or 0.2 if I remember right) which has a strong effect...of course there is the transformer color etc but it's subtle IMO.

anyway, I have a soft spot for PSP myself since many years and love the company for some reason (and own several plugin licenses). the guys seem great and the plugins are fantastic.
Right on.
Old 19th January 2020
Gear Maniac

I'm really looking forward to this. Hoping to see some interesting modules, maybe some diverse variety of different saturation modules (e.g. like the tape module on mcdsp 6060).
Old 19th January 2020
Lives for gear

Desperate for some more info/vids etc
Old 19th January 2020
Lives for gear

any word when it get released?

i didnt connect with slate or McDSP, but I like the concept!
Old 19th January 2020
Gear Addict

This and the Old Timer Multiband may be the plug-ins that finally convince me to sell my UAD Quad card.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search