The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
PSP Audioware InfiniStrip!!!
Old 11th February 2020
Lives for gear

Customer rule #1 of any product or service: you can't please everyone.
Old 11th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by alxgvr View Post
Why not to release compressor plugin with 3 modes inside? FETpressor with added Opto/VCA modes.
I mean the simple answer is that by being a channel strip as opposed to just compressors, the same trick you can do with A/B'ing compressor models, you can ALSO do with A/B'ing preamp models and A/B'ing EQ models. Once you've gone to the trouble of creating a rack at all, it would be weirder to limit the rack to only compressors.

The other simple answer is, if you're just not into channel strips, as some people clearly are not, then this plugin, which is a channel strip, is prob not going to interest you.
Old 11th February 2020
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackbout View Post
I mean the simple answer is that by being a channel strip as opposed to just compressors, the same trick you can do with A/B'ing compressor models, you can ALSO do with A/B'ing preamp models and A/B'ing EQ models. Once you've gone to the trouble of creating a rack at all, it would be weirder to limit the rack to only compressors.

The other simple answer is, if you're just not into channel strips, as some people clearly are not, then this plugin, which is a channel strip, is prob not going to interest you.
They can release containers for each type of plugins. Compressors, EQs, etc.

Instead of full channel strip, just Compressor section. You open it as a plugin, and change compressors FET/VCA/Opto. They share same settings.

Same for EQ section. Open EQ container as separate plugin, tweak settings, then change models.

So you get best from both worlds. You get plugin specific "micronchannel strip". So you always know which type of plugin on your DAW's channel insert, but you can cycle through different models.

You have "PSP EQ" plugin on the insert. You open it, and you cycle through McQ, E27, ClassicQex, ConsoleQ, RetroQ, Preqursor.

Next, you have "PSP Pressor" plugin in the chain of your DAW. You open interface of FETpressor, and you cange models VCA/OPTO/Buspressor/OldTimer

It is much better then have just "Channel strip" on the insert of the track, and you have no idea what plugins are actually working inside, untill you open it.
Old 11th February 2020
Quote:

Instead of full channel strip, just Compressor section. You open it as a plugin, and change compressors FET/VCA/Opto. They share same settings.

Same for EQ section. Open EQ container as separate plugin, tweak settings, then change models.

So you get best from both worlds. You get plugin specific "micronchannel strip". So you always know which type of plugin on your DAW's channel insert, but you can cycle through different models.

You have "PSP EQ" plugin on the insert. You open it, and you cycle through McQ, E27, ClassicQex, ConsoleQ, RetroQ, Preqursor.

Next, you have "PSP Pressor" plugin in the chain of your DAW. You open interface of FETpressor, and you cange models VCA/OPTO/Buspressor/OldTimer

It is much better then have just "Channel strip" on the insert of the track, and you have no idea what plugins are actually working inside, untill you open it.
Pretty interesting idea actually. Personally I’m cool with having it all in one rack, but I can see the appeal of your idea, could def be cool.
Old 11th February 2020
Gear Nut
Quote:
Pretty interesting idea actually. Personally I’m cool with having it all in one rack, but I can see the appeal of your idea, could def be cool.
As for commercial side: they can sell licenses for each model inside container.

You buy FETpressor. VCA/Opto modes are blocked.
You buy VCA licence, you open VCA module. You get FET and VCA, Opto is blocked.

So you choose what models you really need, buy them, but you have them inside one plugin-specific container.

That means, if you need to bypass EQ, you don't need to open "channelstrip". You bypass it as you normally do with EQ plugin inside your DAW.
Old 11th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:

How's that any different to a strip/preset which only has a comp (or EQ) loaded? Just the title of the plugin?
Old 11th February 2020
Gear Maniac

Don't worry, the load times of the rack should not be long, as is the case with mcdsp 6050/6060. Even Slate VMR loads instantaneously, once you remove the folders of the modules that you don't own from your hard drive (put them in a .zip or .rar file for time being).
Old 12th February 2020
Gear Nut
Opto compressor is seems to be CL1B emulation.
Interesting, how it is against Softube.

Speaking of Softube: they have Tube-Tech channel strip, and EQ and compressor as separate plugins.
Old 14th February 2020
Lives for gear

ahh I can't decide!

1. Buy McDSP 6060 for 150 USD (this weekend on sale)
2. Wait on PSP

Real Problems!
Old 15th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling View Post
ahh I can't decide!

2. Wait on PSP

Real Problems!
I have the McDSP and they are one of those plugins I bought and use one and stayed with my usuals. Will wait at least to try PSP, McDSP will be on sale lot of times.
Old 15th February 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisame View Post
Zero Latency
Which is impossible with digital signal processing. I presume this translates into "very low latency" - which would be great.
Old 15th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scragend View Post
Which is impossible with digital signal processing. I presume this translates into "very low latency" - which would be great.
All native systems have latency regardless of plugin usage, which is the latency produced by the playback buffer. The smallest buffer size you can possibly select is 32 samples, so all native systems have at least 32 samples of latency. If you're operating with a buffer size of 32 samples and a sample rate of 44.1 Khz, your entire system has roughly 1 millisecond of latency, even if you never load a single plugin.

Plugin latency is the potential *additional* latency introduced beyond your system latency. When a plugin reports to be "Zero Latency", that means it can accomplish its work inside of a 32 sample buffer, and therefore has not introduced any latency beyond that which already existed.

When a plugin takes more than 32 samples to accomplish its work, that additional latency gets reported to your system, which compensates to avoid pops and clicks during playback. So a "Zero Latency" plugin reports zero additional latency to your DAW.
Old 15th February 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
All native systems have latency regardless of plugin usage, which is the latency produced by the playback buffer. The smallest buffer size you can possibly select is 32 samples, so all native systems have at least 32 samples of latency. If you're operating with a buffer size of 32 samples and a sample rate of 44.1 Khz, your entire system has roughly 1 millisecond of latency, even if you never load a single plugin.

Plugin latency is the potential *additional* latency introduced beyond your system latency. When a plugin reports to be "Zero Latency", that means it can accomplish its work inside of a 32 sample buffer, and therefore has not introduced any latency beyond that which already existed.

When a plugin takes more than 32 samples to accomplish its work, that additional latency gets reported to your system, which compensates to avoid pops and clicks during playback. So a "Zero Latency" plugin reports zero additional latency to your DAW.
Yes I know all that - I have coded a few VSTs as personal projects I know how it works - I simply said "zero latency is impossible with digital signal processing" - which is true. If PSP have managed to get some heavyweight processing done without ADDITIONAL latency there's some voodoo going on there! Great job if they have - I'll believe it when I see it. BTW I really respect PSP and have a lot of their plugins. Vintage Warmer was the first plugin I ever bought way back in the prehistoric era and I still use VW2 on practically every project.
Old 15th February 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:

Well said :-)
Old 16th February 2020
Lives for gear

Looking forward to this.

Old 16th February 2020
Lives for gear

Wonder if this will have more of the "utillities" that VMR misses like deesser, transient designer, strereopanner etc.

If the got a gate i wonder how it will compare to the Slate one.

As for EQ and comps we've got plenty.

Last edited by blackcom; 16th February 2020 at 04:10 PM..
Old 16th February 2020
Lives for gear

Is there any indication of price yet?
Old 16th February 2020
Gear Nut
Then they are going to announce it officially?
Old 16th February 2020
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcom View Post
Wonder if this will have more of the "utillities" that VMR misses like deesser, transient designer, strereopanner etc.

If the got a gate i wonder how it will compare to the Slate one.

As for EQ and comps we've got plenty.
It has deesser. You can see it in the video

You know what would be cool? To have 3-band dynamic EQ module.
Old 16th February 2020
Gear Nut
Look how cool it is!

This VoltageModulator "module" has more features than normal FETpressor plugin!

I really want it as a separate compressor plugin in my Daw! In traditional FETpressor layout.
Attached Thumbnails
PSP Audioware InfiniStrip!!!-psp_vcacmp-1-.png  
Old 17th February 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling View Post
ahh I can't decide!

2. Wait on PSP

Real Problems!
If you have cash, I'd say get both. I feel like 6060 is big improvement from my previous 6050.
Old 17th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisame View Post
If you have cash, I'd say get both. I feel like 6060 is big improvement from my previous 6050.
Interesting - care to expand on that? Just more strips (tape etc), or more than that?
Old 17th February 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Interesting - care to expand on that? Just more strips (tape etc), or more than that?
They have added some new modules (like mentioned, the tape), revamped the graphics for rack and modules so they look nicer, added FF/FB switch for some of the compressors (and also added negative ratio switch for some comps). The biggest feautre must be the extended rack, that can now store 6 modules, which gives more room for trying different combinations (it becomes kinda like a sound designing tool now).

For me, the extra rack space is big plus, but I was pleasantly surprised by how good the new visuals look (I did trial this thing a while back, but I had forgotten about the visuals). Also the FF/FB seems like an interesting feature to play with (seems to be good way to slightly smoothen the compression of fast setting FET compressor). It's overall more fun to use.
Old 18th February 2020
They're doing a pretty sweet IG promo for InfiniStrip!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8tiC3fhhmK/

Old 21st February 2020
Lives for gear

I'm itching to try this!

Come on PSP, get it released :¬)
Old 21st February 2020
Quote:
I'm itching to try this!

Come on PSP, get it released :¬)
That IG promo I linked to says they're announcing the winners on March 7th, and winning includes a copy of InfiniStrip, so hopefully that means it will be released by then.
Old 21st February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
That IG promo I linked to says they're announcing the winners on March 7th, and winning includes a copy of InfiniStrip, so hopefully that means it will be released by then.
Hopefully a week or two before
Old 21st February 2020
Quote:
Hopefully a week or two before
Haha! True. I would take that
Old 26th February 2020
Looks like they're about to put everything on sale for $20 a pop! https://www.instagram.com/p/B9BgxthBMBC/
Old 29th February 2020
Lives for gear

Wasn't this supposed to be out by now???
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search