Gear Nut

ReFX Nexus 3 (N3) is announced!

https://refx.com/n3/

Quote:
Available November 29th 2019

Price

Free upgrade if you buy NEXUS2 now
Free upgrade for customers who purchased NEXUS2 on August 1st 2019 or later
$49/€49 upgrade price for customers who purchased NEXUS2 on May 1st 2019 or later
$99/€99 upgrade price for customers who purchased NEXUS2 before May 1st 2019
Licensing

Our own online activation; no eLicenser or other 3rd party software required
Two activations at the same time per NEXUS3 license
Features

Fully backwards compatible with Nexus1 and Nexus2
All your expansions will continue to work
Completely new, flat, scaleable, vector-based UI
Faster, bigger, better in every way
Improved CPU performance by up to 94%
Improved preset loading times, up to 8x faster than NEXUS2
All arps and trance gates of all layers are fully accessible and editable
Arpeggiator has a new sequencer mode to play chords and other complex patterns
Arpeggiator has up to 256 steps
New Content

More than 350 new, custom-designed presets
More than 80 new impulse responses
reFX Cloud App

New app to easily download and manage your reFX plug-ins and content
reFX Cloud app available NOW to all NEXUS2 customers (more here)
Technical

VST2, VST3, AU and AAX support
64-bit only
Keep checking back regularly for more details
Old 11th November 2019
Brb
Lives for gear

Finally.... I love me some nexus lol
Old 12th November 2019
Gear Head

They are really going to need to change their absurd expansion pricing if they want to have any traction these days. I think the idea of a ROMpler with production ready sounds is still good but charging 60 bucks for a handful of mostly unmodifiable samples is a joke in 2019, not to mention that 80% of those by this point are going to sound incredibly outdated, yet are still sold for the same price.

The landscape has shifted considerably in the last 10 years, tons of excellent preset packs for Serum etc available at 15-30 bucks with far more flexibility, Omnisphere is getting stronger and stronger, there's even a bunch of other far cheaper ROMplers on the market...
Old 12th November 2019
Gear Addict

Bigger n better, I hope it's capable of multis now, one thing I never liked was the fact that nexus could never layer patches. And the browser was terrible
Old 13th November 2019
Gear Nut

New information is added. They get rid of the hardware dongle and the eLicenser system! Prices are also available.
Old 13th November 2019
Gear Addict

it seems we're going to pay 100 bucks to finally have a "bigger" interface, after so many (15?) years doesn't look good...
IF no new features this is ridicolous!
Old 14th November 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfinder View Post
it seems we're going to pay 100 bucks to finally have a "bigger" interface, after so many (15?) years doesn't look good...
IF no new features this is ridicolous!
Did you even look at the website? No dongle anymore, two activations possible, improved CPU performance, 8x faster than Nexus2, Manuel already confirmed that there will be a new browser and big new factory content and more things will pop up every day...
Old 14th November 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.lindqvist View Post
Did you even look at the website? No dongle anymore, two activations possible, improved CPU performance, 8x faster than Nexus2, Manuel already confirmed that there will be a new browser and big new factory content and more things will pop up every day...
i checked, but at this moment i don't see any interesting "NEW" feature.
let's see when more details will be "official"
Old 14th November 2019
Gear Nut

New features added (see first post).
Old 14th November 2019
Gear Head

The complete bundle is just a joke,€3689.99!!
The worst is the 99 cents at the end...What a greedy guy.
Old 14th November 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLadder View Post
The complete bundle is just a joke,€3689.99!!
The worst is the 99 cents at the end...What a greedy guy.
You poor guy...
Old 14th November 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
You poor guy...
Poor?why?You don't find that overpriced?
Old 14th November 2019
Gear Head

Yeah I'm too poor for wasting my money in such a plugin sample based without any editing capabilities with 2 envelopes.
Old 14th November 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Poor?why?You don't find that overpriced?
Poor or even greedy yourself because you're bothered by 99 cents.
No I actually don't. If I would buy the single expansion packs step by step I would pay somewhere around $7000, so $3689,99 could be (I don't calculated it) a 50 % rebate. I think this is quite generous and not greedy at all. I really mean it.
Old 14th November 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Yeah I'm too poor for wasting my money in such a plugin sample based without any editing capabilities with 2 envelopes.
That's totally fine but I'm not, so what now.
Old 14th November 2019
Gear Head

He could also ask €70 000 for all the expansions,no limit!.(triple facepalm)

Have a look at Omnisphere,$499 (without the 99 cents) for around 60 GB.And a synth engine,audio import,many FXs,lot of modulations,multitimbral,etc.
Old 15th November 2019
Gear Addict

99c thing is hilarious indeed.
Old 16th November 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
He could also ask €70 000 for all the expansions,no limit!.(triple facepalm)

Have a look at Omnisphere,$499 (without the 99 cents) for around 60 GB.And a synth engine,audio import,many FXs,lot of modulations,multitimbral,etc.
Look, it's pretty simple. Dial in the following somewhat 300 sounds (including drums, sequences / arpeggios (as multis) into Omnisphere and I believe you and pay you even the same amount as I would for these packs (I'm not joking):

You don't really get what's Nexus good for. I own Omnisphere since the Atmosphere days, but I never could get these sounds and melodies(!) "right away" - read it again "right away". Because that's what's all about with Nexus and I can't imagine Eric Pershing jumping up and down at Tomorrowland to study the sounds and tracks of the current club sound...

Label calls, they need a further remix for some upcoming hipster artist, you have 2 days for some ****ty club remix, now what? Starting importing wavetables into Omnisphere and or tweaking the raw samples? Hell, no! TV station calls, they need some jingle stuff with this "caribbean house flair", 30 minutes with Nexus and you can deliver!

Nexus is not about amazing functions and features it's mostly about the ecosystem of these talented sound designers and producers like Manuel Schleis (Vengeance has shaped the worldwide club sound over the last 15 years), Mirko Ruta or Andy Hinz for example.

I'm paying for intellectual property here, not functions alone.
Old 16th November 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Look, it's pretty simple. Dial in the following somewhat 300 sounds (including drums, sequences / arpeggios (as multis) into Omnisphere and I believe you and pay you even the same amount as I would for these packs (I'm not joking):

You don't really get what's Nexus good for. I own Omnisphere since the Atmosphere days, but I never could get these sounds and melodies(!) "right away" - read it again "right away". Because that's what's all about with Nexus and I can't imagine Eric Pershing jumping up and down at Tomorrowland to study the sounds and tracks of the current club sound...

Label calls, they need a further remix for some upcoming hipster artist, you have 2 days for some ****ty club remix, now what? Starting importing wavetables into Omnisphere and or tweaking the raw samples? Hell, no! TV station calls, they need some jingle stuff with this "caribbean house flair", 30 minutes with Nexus and you can deliver!

Nexus is not about amazing functions and features it's mostly about the ecosystem of these talented sound designers and producers like Manuel Schleis (Vengeance has shaped the worldwide club sound over the last 15 years), Mirko Ruta or Andy Hinz for example.

I'm paying for intellectual property here, not functions alone.
I don't make crappy remixes in 2 days personnally.My songs take age.And if I'm not 100% satisfied I erase and I start again.
I'm not sure Nexus helps music in a good way.Trap music,electro dance,etc...Beurk!!!
You are not forced to import wavetables in Omnisphere,through 60 GB of content you should find a sound you like.It's not impossible to create nice music without Nexus.
Old 16th November 2019
Gear Head

And from these videos,nothing is special,you could make these sounds easily with Avenger for example.
Old 16th November 2019
Brb
Lives for gear

Quote:
I don't make crappy remixes in 2 days personnally.My songs take age.And if I'm not 100% satisfied I erase and I start again.
I'm not sure Nexus helps music in a good way.Trap music,electro dance,etc...Beurk!!!
You are not forced to import wavetables in Omnisphere,through 60 GB of content you should find a sound you like.It's not impossible to create nice music without Nexus.
You sound jealous of nexus user because they can attain good sound easier. Nexus is a song writing tool. Sucks you can’t tweak everything but the main thing is there: good sound and you can tweak it enough for my uses. “This sound is close but I wish it had more attack “ boom I adjust the attack envelope. Thousands and thousands of edm guys and beat makers use nexus cuz they are making songs, not sound design. What’s the point of complaining about something that’s not what you want? Nexus was a ROMpler from day one. I got omnisphere and guess what.... 90% the sounds sounds are useless. Every time I load nexus it’s good-great sounds 99% of the time. I love nexus so much u wish refx could release a “nexify” xfl plug-in that will make other sounds sound as wet as nexus. I love the delay/chorus/reverb settings refx chooses for their sounds
Old 16th November 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brb View Post
You sound jealous of nexus user because they can attain good sound easier. Nexus is a song writing tool. Sucks you can’t tweak everything but the main thing is there: good sound and you can tweak it enough for my uses. “This sound is close but I wish it had more attack “ boom I adjust the attack envelope. Thousands and thousands of edm guys and beat makers use nexus cuz they are making songs, not sound design. What’s the point of complaining about something that’s not what you want? Nexus was a ROMpler from day one. I got omnisphere and guess what.... 90% the sounds sounds are useless. Every time I load nexus it’s good-great sounds 99% of the time. I love nexus so much u wish refx could release a “nexify” xfl plug-in that will make other sounds sound as wet as nexus. I love the delay/chorus/reverb settings refx chooses for their sounds
No I'm cetainly not jealous.
I just don't understand and I give my opinion.
Old 16th November 2019
Brb
Lives for gear

Quote:
And from these videos,nothing is special,you could make these sounds easily with Avenger for example.
What’s the point of making any sound if I’m turning to write music? Do pianos and guitars suck because you can’t tweak the adsr and filter to a high degree? What if I like the non synth stuff in nexus? How am I gonna synthiasize sounds like the Orchestral expansion or Hollywood expansion with avenger? wats the point of making x sound if it’s already in nexus? Also nexus came before avenger
Old 19th November 2019
Gear Nut

New Cloud based app downloaded, recognized all my installed packs, all sleek and well running! I'm still excited about what's coming with Nexus 3 GUI wise.
Old 19th November 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
New Cloud based app downloaded, recognized all my installed packs, all sleek and well running! I'm still excited about what's coming with Nexus 3 GUI wise.
with the cloud app, do you still need the usb licenser for N2?
Im considering buying nexus 2 right now for the free upgrade, been thinking about N2 for some time but the USB dongle held me back, USBC Mac and all that jazz
Old 19th November 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugeskystalker View Post
with the cloud app, do you still need the usb licenser for N2?
Im considering buying nexus 2 right now for the free upgrade, been thinking about N2 for some time but the USB dongle held me back, USBC Mac and all that jazz
Yes, Nexus2 ist sill USB-eLicenser protected. Nexus3 won't have it anymore. I think it isn't possible to buy Nexus2 after November 29 anymore! So I guess the old version will stay on eLicenser. But I'm just assuming!
Old 20th November 2019
Gear Maniac

All of the pricing looks to be linked with nexus 2, hate dongles, i want nothing to do with nexus 2. Is there a price for just nexus 3?
Old 20th November 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artcutech View Post
All of the pricing looks to be linked with nexus 2, hate dongles, i want nothing to do with nexus 2. Is there a price for just nexus 3?
No, just the update prices. But as mentioned on the site. If you buy Nexus2 right now, you get the (dongle free) Nexus3 for free on November 29! So I assume the price will be the same - or even higher, then it would make sense to buy now. But as said I'm just speculating.
Old 20th November 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
No, just the update prices. But as mentioned on the site. If you buy Nexus2 right now, you get the (dongle free) Nexus3 for free on November 29! So I assume the price will be the same - or even higher, then it would make sense to buy now. But as said I'm just speculating.
Thanks for the heads up on that, I knew I wasn’t crazy, I kept looking for the price just for nexus 3 and couldn’t find it

Free is good but you couldn’t pay me to use that dongle(within reason of course) so have no need for nexus 2. I don’t mind paying a lil extra for just 3,

But I’m really excited for nexus 3 and will be buying on the 29th, I forgot earlier that thanks giving falls on the 28th so Black Friday is the 29th, great marketing, should do well especially with the new authorization method. Hopefully will have intro price and Black Friday deal in one
Old 23rd November 2019
Gear Nut

First screenshot is released:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search