The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MANTIS 2 - A new Acqua library by SoundDrops due out very soon!
Old 25th October 2019
Gear Maniac

MANTIS 2 - A new Acqua library by SoundDrops due out very soon!

MANTIS 2 PWM compressor bundle is coming...

A year after the successful debut of SoundDrops’ first Nebula/Acqua library…

...MANTIS 2 PWM COMPRESSOR is back!

As much as it was a plain, single-instance Nebula program, MANTIS 1 PWM compressor was prized as a very effective and musical processor, particularly suitable for bus dynamic control and mastering duties. In this brand new MANTIS 2 bundle by SoundDrops you’ll see how the original MANTIS has come of age...

MANTIS 2 - A new Acqua library by SoundDrops due out very soon!-mantis2.jpg

MANTIS 2 BUNDLE is a brand new suite of four plug-ins based on the original valued compressor stage. All of them are now full-fledged Acqua libraries, and are supplemented by a versatile pre-amp and clipper section for added harmonic color, if requested.

But there’s more. Given that MANTIS is first and foremost a very smooth and forgiving mastering compressor, a multi-band version was inevitable, sooner or later…

...and there you have it, complete with transparent, continuously adjustable cross-over filters!

MANTIS 2 - A new Acqua library by SoundDrops due out very soon!-mantis-mb-ex.jpg

MANTIS 2 BUNDLE is an Acqua library for N4/N4 Player, and as such will be available soon on Acustica’s Aquarius platform. A trial version will be available as well, highly recommended before buying.

And in typical Acustica fashion, please be aware that the greatly expanded MANTIS 2 BUNDLE is free for all former MANTIS owners!

Attached Thumbnails
MANTIS 2 - A new Acqua library by SoundDrops due out very soon!-mantis2.jpg   MANTIS 2 - A new Acqua library by SoundDrops due out very soon!-mantis-mb-ex.jpg  
Old 25th October 2019
Lives for gear
What a time to be alive!
Old 26th October 2019
Gear Nut

Any difference in sound vs the first one?
Also is the meter readings good enough on these or just the usual ones?
Accurate Vu meter readings would be preferable because sometimes i hardly hear the compressor when am compressing less.

Thanks.
Old 26th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Few Knobs View Post
Any difference in sound vs the first one?
Also is the meter readings good enough on these or just the usual ones?
Accurate Vu meter readings would be preferable because sometimes i hardly hear the compressor when am compressing less.

Thanks.
The basic compressor core is exactly the same as in the original Mantis. No need to change something that's already working really well!

What Mantis2 bundle gives you in addition is a pre-amp/clipper section and two versatile multi-band versions, again complete with optional harmonic enhancement and continuously variable, transparent cross-over filter.

As far as metering, the gain reduction meter has been recalibrated in order to have a finer resolution in the all-important 0 to -3dB range.

Hope it helps...
Old 26th October 2019
Lives for gear
Out of curiosity. Is this and upgrade for existing users?
Being spoiled by AA i just have to Ask!
Old 26th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregerlindberg View Post
Out of curiosity. Is this and upgrade for existing users?
Being spoiled by AA i just have to Ask!
Yes! Following a well established AA tradition, MANTIS 2 will be a free upgrade for all present MANTIS owners.
Old 28th October 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteDal View Post
Yes! Following a well established AA tradition, MANTIS 2 will be a free upgrade for all present MANTIS owners.
That is awesome!! Looking forward to it! Thank you.
Old 29th October 2019
Gear Addict

Awesome can't wait for this!!! Thanks for you great work
Old 31st October 2019
Lives for gear
Just found this in Aquasious. No heads up! So, i figure i write it now. This belongs in the news section now. :D
This is soooooo nice. I love the pre on it!!
Old 31st October 2019
Gear Maniac

Yes, it's out!!!

You beat me to it, @ gregerlindberg ...
Old 31st October 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteDal View Post
Yes, it's out!!!

You beat me to it, @ gregerlindberg ...
Haha sorry for that!
Fantastic update! I will need some more time with it, but the pre.. I really like it!
I really like the input trim that doesnt raise the volyme!
But need more time to play with it, first one was my goto master..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search