The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Uli's teasing us.... AGAIN!!!!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec View Post
Which miracolously gives it a touch interface?
It's not uncommon to have hardware options to be only restricted by software, so you could buy a firmware update to "unlock" it. E.g. Bettermaker does that.
Maybe panels with touch surface were cheaper, but that was never implemented in software? I don't know I don't have that product.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I hope it’s 32:9.

Not because I think that’s necessarily better for this mixer, but because I want to see affordable touch screens in that aspect ratio.

I was just about to buy an MR18 though.

I wonder if they’ll update that line with a similar interface for the iPad.
Interesting.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcct View Post
It's not uncommon to have hardware options to be only restricted by software, so you could buy a firmware update to "unlock" it (...)
digico has been doing this for a looong time...

(another way to look at it is that one had to pay way too much at the time of original product release!)

___

maybe amongst other things 'the wing' will be capable to do, i guess it's gonna be a new desk - or does this look like an x32? (i dunno; didn't need using any for years)
or will it be a siri/alexa/cortana for mixer dummies...
Attached Thumbnails
Uli's teasing us.... AGAIN!!!!-screenshot_20191031-113953_firefox.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Phat chance the x32 has a touch screen.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrasource View Post
I think the happy face video is a different teaser... a 303 clone but what the heck do I know aned now I will hang my head in shame for even pondering....
Turns out you were tight; the TD-3 is here.

Behringer is becoming a serious problem in the synthesiser game. They're really knocking it out the park!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I'm not sure the Wing is a successor to the X-32. It looks like it's a wedge-shaped all-touch screen controller that will sit next to and compliment the X-32 (or possibly X-Touch).
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I think it's a touchscreen controller that has presets for most behringer products to date, so you can control them over classic midi or other protocols. Like a universal controller that you can customize to your needs or design skins for it. At least I hope so.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Well as someone who switched from faders to touch in the studio years ago, I must say it grows on you rather quickly.
If the touch screen and GUI is good and large enough, I prefer it over mapping stuff out on faders and knobs.
I like this new realm where a lot is touch based and if you really want hardware controls, you can pay extra for them.

I use an S21 at the theatre I work at and it’s a combo of touch and hardware.
The touch screen is not nearly so good as my 27” Iiyama at home, but honestly I’d rather just do everything from touch, since the channel strip is represented on the touch screen. If I can’t do something on the screen, like activate the phantom power, and it makes me go to the right of the screen to press down on a physical rotary... I consider that time wasted. I’d rather just tap the screen.

I’ve nothing against hardware buttons and faders, but if using them is slower than using the touch screen, it defeats the purpose for many applications.

I’m fine with touch only, for most applications. Especially if that makes your work surface highly customisable.
Something you can only do in a limited fashion on hardware control surfaces.

I’ll be interested to see what behringer does. If it’s a poor man’s Waves LV1, I’ll be interested.
I hope this will bleed over to their remote operated rack/stagebox mixers too.
If I could use an iPad or my laptop with a touchscreen to remote control this, I’ll be quite happy.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
If they've got any sense it'll be a touch screen mixer/interface (replacement for X32) with a cable that plugs into your pc/mac to take over the keyboard and mouse functions - or even a step further, can host a copy of your PC/Macs screen as well. plus a set of well placed (or customisable) transport controls, so you can, from one place, control your "x32" and DAW without having to switch between devices. I'd buy one of those!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenVile View Post
Turns out you were tight; the TD-3 is here.

Behringer is becoming a serious problem in the synthesiser game. They're really knocking it out the park!
For people like me who cannot afford to entertain the idea of owning classics then, yes... they are offering some pretty cool and cheap synths...
Old 4 weeks ago
I really hope it's an hybrid console/control surface. I'm still on the fence about getting a proper control surface like an Icon Pro X, but if Uli releases something that has better implementation as far as DAW control is concerned than the x32, and a track/VU display even an "on screen" one ( which is lacking in the X touch ), I might take the jump.
I guess we'll have to wait a few more days.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Martins View Post
I really hope it's an hybrid console/control surface. I'm still on the fence about getting a proper control surface like an Icon Pro X, but if Uli releases something that has better implementation as far as DAW control is concerned than the x32, and a track/VU display even an "on screen" one ( which is lacking in the X touch ), I might take the jump.
I guess we'll have to wait a few more days.
Agreed! If Behringer releases a console mixer/surface controller that beats everyone else's, then the other manufacturers should be ashamed lol.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenVile View Post
C'mon Uli, spill the beans!

If it's a touch screen digital mixer, that can double as a control surface... Then they just won the Internet!
If I was forced to use something like that...I'd give up studio work forever.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

how about a mixer, with waves soundgrid capability built in to the hardware. that would be my guess... as the computer side of the x/m32 is definitely where they can make it grow most. and of course full 24/96 support, which uli always said did not happen in the X series because of the processing. and while the m series is theoretically prepared for 96k, it still has not happened.

uli, if i got it right... send me one for testing, hehe
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

It's a mixer...that works as a control surface.
https://community.musictribe.com/t5/...al/td-p/279767
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mege View Post
It's a mixer...that works as a control surface.
https://community.musictribe.com/t5/...al/td-p/279767
44.1/48k only. Expansion cards of the X32 not compatible. Not exactly what i was hoping for.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

W ww
Walter white
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

sexiest mixer ive seen in years..if this is priced right uli has another hit on there hands.cant wait to find out prices and release date
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Okay, Behringer has my attention now, more than ever. If this works flawlessly as a Control Surface, while simultaneously having the ability to work as a mixer, I am buying it!
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Great, finally a budget mixer with more faders than mic pres. Never understood why none of the contenders (Midas, Behringer, A&H, Soundcraft...) offered a processor+surface-one-piece-option to use with their digital snakes. Can imagine myself buying a wing. (With madi card to run RME & Audient pres...)
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleclockdivid View Post
30 years in the making .....
That's nothing...

Agenda 21 (now renamed to agenda 30, cause they couldn't finish) has been in the making for about 2,000 Years.

Now that's impressive. Or well
maybe they're just the greater slow pokes...
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwaxxy View Post
sexiest mixer ive seen in years..if this is priced right uli has another hit on there hands.cant wait to find out prices and release date
Price at T is 2999 Euro.

Well Done.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

It's a cool mixer.

I work on a Digico S21, which costs more than twice as much.
I might just prefer to work on the Wing, depending on how those plugins sound.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Uli is teasing us again !

https://youtu.be/AFDhz2_sJgM
Old 1 hour ago
Gear Addict

After jerking us off with the 96khz ready mantra with the M32 with NO intention of EVER doing a firmware update Ulli can look in someone else's pockets not mine... "Music" has trashed a host of venerable old high end companies. Thankfully the world is full of brilliant designers who aren't out to pimp other people's intellectual property for profit! I think I'll keep supporting them instead...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search