The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
IK Multimedia: 20 June 2019 Announcement Coming
Old 14th June 2019
Lives for gear

IK Multimedia: 20 June 2019 Announcement Coming

https://youtu.be/WhCcXGpWhQU

Last edited by Peter - IK; 17th June 2019 at 03:54 PM..
Old 14th June 2019
Lives for gear

Dammit, don't tease us. Oldest instruments in human history... hmmm... I know what the oldest profession is... is it related?
Old 15th June 2019
Lives for gear

Oldest instruments in human history...

Old 15th June 2019
Lives for gear

MODO Drums

Bring it on.
Old 18th June 2019
Gear Addict

I suspect my drumming skills will be even more obsolete on 20 June 2019.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMulcahy View Post
I suspect my drumming skills will be even more obsolete on 20 June 2019.
I can't say, even without disclosing anything about this product since that's more the market than anything. But seriously, since I'm in Pittsburgh myself I promise I'll look you up if I need a real drummer. Send me your information, hey I could even recommend you if I give some of your stuff a listen and someone asks me for a drummer recommendation.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Oldest instruments in human history? Wouldn't that be the vocal chords??

Edit: Google says it's a flute! LOL I hate goddamn flutes
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
I can't say, even without disclosing anything about this product since that's more the market than anything. But seriously, since I'm in Pittsburgh myself I promise I'll look you up if I need a real drummer. Send me your information, hey I could even recommend you if I give some of your stuff a listen and someone asks me for a drummer recommendation.
Peter - very kind of you! I thought I noticed that you were a Pittsburgh guy at one point but didn’t call attention to it in the interest of preserving anonymity. Kids have diminished my free time but I randomly take on projects when possible...there’s honestly not much business a “hypothetical IK drum plugin” could actually take away from me! I’m always up for jamming or a beer or whatever, so I’ll shoot you my info if the occasion arises.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Looks promising

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/product...dex.php?p=info

Peter... will this only send a stereo feed out to the daw or can we send out tracks individually (kick, snare, etc)??
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
...can we send out tracks individually (kick, snare, etc)??
Have to be able to... or it's goodnight, Irene (errr IK), from me before we even have a dance.

How about e-drum support out of the gate?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtugs View Post
Have to be able to... or it's goodnight, Irene (errr IK), from me before we even have a dance.

Here’s hoping...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Looks promising

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/product...dex.php?p=info

Peter... will this only send a stereo feed out to the daw or can we send out tracks individually (kick, snare, etc)??
You will have individual outs to route to separate tracks in your DAW.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtugs View Post

It will support e-drums but you'll need to use your kit brain as we won't have customized mapping ability in the initial release. There will also be continuous control of the hi-hat, plus tip and shank mapping outside of the GM mapping. There will also be x/y support (also outside of the GM mapping) which is supported by some advanced e-drum kits/brains.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Looks cool. Modo bass is pretty stellar so it will be nice to see how this is. Only really a purchase for me if it substantially helps with songwriting and has a crap ton of amazing presets. I have superior 3, so would need to see how this can streamline above and beyond that. I get it has crazy amounts of flexibility, but for me thats not necessarily a plus. I like to listen through all the kits until I find the one that works with the track, then tweak a bit if needed (and of course mix after)
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
You will have individual outs to route to separate tracks in your DAW.
I figured so, but wanted to ask as it’s one thing I didn’t see listed on the feature set... by the way, it should be listed on the feature set lol
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut
"Pre-order" sounds like the full discounts available now (I own ModoBass, so $149 price currently for me) won't be available after the release date?

Will there be a 14 day demo? Was hoping to try before buy if possible.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwr View Post
"Pre-order" sounds like the full discounts available now (I own ModoBass, so $149 price currently for me) won't be available after the release date?

Will there be a 14 day demo? Was hoping to try before buy if possible.
As with MODO BASS there would be a demo, but you are correct about the pricing ending once MODO DRUM is released. I will relay the request for demo during that period but note that pre-order pricing (not specifically in context only with IK pre-orders) does carry some risk. Based on MODO BASS, our previous physical modeling success, I'd consider it a low risk but I'm obviously biased.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
As with MODO BASS there would be a demo, but you are correct about the pricing ending once MODO DRUM is released. I will relay the request for demo during that period but note that pre-order pricing (not specifically in context only with IK pre-orders) does carry some risk. Based on MODO BASS, our previous physical modeling success, I'd consider it a low risk but I'm obviously biased.
Peter... what’s the aspirational date of release?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Peter... what’s the aspirational date of release?
According to the news piece, the pricing will change during August 2019, which would mean that's the expected release timeframe.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search