The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Ip Audio Pro project
Old 22nd April 2019
Gear Nut

Ip Audio Pro project

Hello friends ,as i mentioned before ,i created separate topic about this ..

Here - short info for newcomers

IP AUDIO PRO
ipAudio.pro

We are a small Ukrainian-Russian team that develops a perfect network audio interface for any users - from project studios or home musicians to - hi end studios ,TV , mass media ...e.t.c
Already, we have about 20 working prototypes for alpha testers, one of them is with me, and I can tell you about it.
Our goals are the , - best LLP perfomance,lowest possible latency, the best conversion, scalability in terms of any studios and configurations, best stability,and the price is acceptable for all categories of users.
Our interface works through the network, via standard RG45 port,
without any additional equipment, directly to the computer or any router and switch.
Our interface allows you to work with roundtrip latency of up to 0.4 ms
and an average LLP perfomance equal to pci-e cards like rme or top thunderbolt 2 and 3 interfaces ....thanks to our proprietary Ip audio protocol

Also we have top Akm Verita velvet sound AD/DA

We are also developing multi-asio technology for our interfaces, which allows several ASIO applications to work simultaneously.

In addition, our interfaces are freely scaled on the local network, if you need additional inputs and outputs, you can simply turn on another device in the switch, and all its inputs and outputs will be accessible to all computers on the local network ..
with same latency....

Ok, now about the results of my tests
I uploaded a GIF,
RME VS IPA.gif - Google Drive

in which I compare the interface with my home RME HDSP 9632 ,in DAWBENCH reaper rcx test ...
with 44 khz and 64 samples buffer ....
on my home PC i (6700k ) recieved about 168 RCX compressors on both card

Rme stats - 2.4 /3.2 ms , buffer 64 samples ...
IPA stats - 2.1/ 3.2 ms /buffer 96 samples (but i set tail buffer lower ) ...

and it shows that the performance is approximately equal, or slightly better in our interface, in the terms of slightly lower latency on the same buffer, when more compressors are turned on - both cards start glitching ...

you can also see statistics on it, we developed a detailed application that highlights all the data that occurs with the sound ...

For example, in a line called UND - you can see any glitches or dropouts ,even unaudible ...with lost samples count ...
also you can see jitter ,and many more useful things ...

We can also adjust the tail buffer (can see on attached screenshots )
that all manufacturers usually hide ,for example - with rme pci-e cards is equal to 24 samples on 48 khz ...
and it certainly gives greater user variability for maximum stability on extreme low latencies ...
In terms of stability, I worked as usual with my heavy projects in S1 ( tons of plugins ,synths ,kontakts e.tc ) and did not see any difference with my pci RME , except that we are have only stable ASIO drivers ,wdm - in process of development..
also core audio drivers is - in alpha stage...

Results from our another tester and comparison with RME BABYFACE PRO is pretty impressive ....
intel i7-6950X
Dawbench-DSP-R5-RXC-EXT 48 khz (with lowest possible buffer with babyface )

Rme babyface pro - 4.4 ms - 202 compressors ..
IPA -2.5 ms - 244 compressors ...

I also tested my prototype for recording direct gutar, the noise level is somewhere 1.5 - 1.7 times less than on the RME ,thanks to top converters...

So far, we are still thinking about the design, and some technical features ( usb power , class compliant mode ,volume knob and leds), for example, Asahi Kasei AKM AK4499EQ will start shipping in may (i think it most impressive DA in the world today ) and we hope to set it on our interface ...
We will be very grateful for your advice and opinions .. as well, we hope to start selling our interface in the middle end of 2020.
Attached Thumbnails
Ip Audio Pro project-w8qyu1etszg.jpg   Ip Audio Pro project-2019-04-22_02-19-52.jpg   Ip Audio Pro project-photo_2019-03-15-22.23.25-1-.jpg   Ip Audio Pro project-2019-04-22_03-01-28_699.jpg  
Old 22nd April 2019
Lives for gear

Would like physical I/O options: combo XLR/trs or XLR and trs per channel as well
as 8 channels per DB25 port as depicted for future models. You should get a unit
to TAFKAT if you want more serious consideration. Good luck with your future
endeavors.
Attached Thumbnails
Ip Audio Pro project-analog-db25-pin-out.jpg  
Old 22nd April 2019
Gear Nut

throbert
Next model will be 8/8 or 16/16 on rack module ...with some digital options aes/spdif/adat ...
Old 22nd April 2019
Smile

Just a heads-up; you should really add an SSL certificate to your website as you've got a login and registration form. Let's Encrypt and CloudFlare are solid options for instant, free SSL certs so you can enable HTTPS and start encrypting.

You should also get GDPR-compliant, you don't even have a privacy policy up at the moment.

Looks great; very interested in a 16/16 rack module. :- )
Old 22nd April 2019
Gear Addict

DUDE!

This is exactly what I need.
I do live performance and need exactly 2 mic inputs, 1 inst input, and 4 outputs. How can I get one of these prototypes to test?

Would happily promote it during my live streams on Twitch. (34k followers, 2.4mill views)
Old 22nd April 2019
Gear Nut

Hammy Havoc

Site on construction...registration form - needed for alpha testing puproses ...

MontyMakesMusic , thank you ^) our prototypes on that moment - is handcrafted ,when we will have factory samples -
and all software work will be done , - i send you PM )
Old 22nd April 2019
Here for the gear

Good luck to the development! Looking forward to buy the products when they're available. I work as a sound designer for performing arts and this is exactly what is needed. At the moment I need to carry a lot of items to create an A/B failsafe system for Midi and Audio and it's not very convenient or fast to work with in rehearsal situation.

Does your protocol allow for 2 computers to use one interface simultaneously or could it potentially be supported? If you can build this feature (similar to iConnectivity PlayAudio12) then I'll buy one for every production

If you have a mailing list or would need testers at some point I would gladly chime in.
Old 22nd April 2019
Gear Nut
Россия-Украина) respect from Russia
Old 22nd April 2019
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by throbert View Post
You should get a unit
to TAFKAT if you want more serious consideration.
This is the way to go. Great to see someone new trying to fight the good fight against latency. Best of luck.
Old 22nd April 2019
Gear Nut

Sansodor
iConnectivity PlayAudio12 - can`t be used by two computers simultaneously .
quote from manual - "Automatic and manual computer switching modes, for lightning fast switching between connected computers"
and is usb based ....with all restrictions of usb protocol .. (cable length,latency ,e.t.c )

Our device able to work with latency equal to PCI-E interfaces at a distance of 100 and more meters from the daw pc or mac ....
and it working perfectly with USB-Ethernet adapters ....

In simple terms, our technology is somewhat similar to Audinate Dante, but without specialized (and very expensive ) cards..(all you need - is switch ,router or ethernet port in your pc or mac ) ...and better LLP perfomance and overall latency ...
Old 22nd April 2019
Gear Nut

and more results ..
comparison with top end LLP interface - RME HDSPe MADI FX

Dawbench-DSP-R5-RXC-EXT 48 khz
i7-6950X

32 samples buffer

Ipa - 0,6/1,3 ms
Rme - 0,9/1,0 ms

IPA 230 comps ..
RME 230 - comps ...
Old 22nd April 2019
Lives for gear

Interested to see more data as its available.

Can we have some measured RTL figures please, what you have posted are reported numbers to the DAW's.

That may or may not include the AD/DA depending on interface. HDSPe AIO for example does report AD/DA.

Whats the effect of adjusting the tail ( safety) buffers ?

Contact me via PM if/when you are ready to get a unit to me.

Old 22nd April 2019
Gear Nut

TAFKAT

With our interfaces i post true rtl measures (from in to out ) with +0.2 ms AD/DA latency ) our devices - reporting this 0.2ms...
With rme madi fx and babyface pro ,i check it tomorrow ...

using buffers (and tail buffers ) with step beginning from 8 and endting to 16 samples (how we did it in our device ) - generally is option for perfect finetuning LLP perfomance to concrete PC (daw) configuration ...
Old 23rd April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by artem bankin View Post
With our interfaces i post true rtl measures (from in to out ) with +0.2 ms AD/DA latency ) our devices - reporting this 0.2ms...
With rme madi fx and babyface pro ,i check it tomorrow ...
Please post up the RTL Utility test log, that will be the easiest.

We already have measured RTL's for most of the RME's.

Old 23rd April 2019
Gear Nut

TAFKAT
Not so easy, because our wdm driver in development status - oblique rtl utility not workng )
i attached screenshot with 1000 hz analog loopback sine wave measurement ...

p.s my fault , rtl utility work with asio ...i did some screens
with 32 samples buffer and minimal 8 samples ..
Attached Thumbnails
Ip Audio Pro project-rme_madi-adi-8qs-vs-ipa24.jpg   Ip Audio Pro project-ipa_48_32.png   Ip Audio Pro project-ipa_8_8.png  
Old 23rd April 2019
Gear Addict

Wow, if this can deliver what's being hinted at here, and still being rock solid, I'll be very impressed.
Old 23rd April 2019
Gear Nut

Skap
working prototype is on my desk )) and he is rock solid )
but we a have a lot of work to do ) and lot of great ideas ...
Old 23rd April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
TAFKAT
Not so easy, because our wdm driver in development status - oblique rtl utility not workng )
i attached screenshot with 1000 hz analog loopback sine wave measurement ...

p.s my fault , rtl utility work with asio ...i did some screens
with 32 samples buffer and minimal 8 samples ..
A table of all the results at 16,32,64,128,256,512 would be nice.

Like this for example:

Thanks.
Old 23rd April 2019
Gear Nut

Here it is ) with tail buffer 24 samples - is + - equal to rme hidden buffer
and we use it for comparison to rme
And second screenshot with tail buffer - minimal 8 samples ..
Attached Thumbnails
Ip Audio Pro project-screenshot_13.png   Ip Audio Pro project-screenshot_14.png  
Old 23rd April 2019
Lives for gear

Great results , I don't think there is any need to push the safety/tail buffer so low if it introduces variables with efficiency.

LLP is 2 fold, delivered latency and efficiency at the respective latency.

Each is equally as important.

Looking forward to getting one on the bench when ready.

Old 23rd April 2019
Lives for gear

Buffer size 8 samples?!? is that for real? Wow...
Old 24th April 2019
Gear Nut

TAFKAT

This is just an option , I am sure that people who want to play through DAW with such latency will be happy )..
However ,so small latencies is always heavy DPC depended....,it's an axiom... but on a powerful and well-optimized PC - why not ?)
Anyway, these settings will be hidden in the advanced page of the driver,for advanced users.
By default - hidden buffer will be a 24 samples ,like RME ...

And you is number 1 in list of potential beta testers , when the whole software part will be finished and we receive the first factory devices, we will immediately send them to you.
Old 24th April 2019
Gear Nut

This is a small demonstration of what this option is capable of.
192 khz . TH-u realtime playing ....8 samples buffer ,(in this case - we raise tail buffer to 48 samples )
roundtrip - 0,407 ms , no dropouts ....

I think - this is impossible for all modern audiointerfaces....include RME....or presonus quantum...

iPA_192_8spl.gif - Google Drive
Attached Thumbnails
Ip Audio Pro project-ipa_192_8spl.png  
Old 24th April 2019
Gear Nut

And great news from our dev team ) ....our multiclient asio driver is now working .
multiple asio apps - working simultaneously with multiple buffers ....!!!!
It opens up great opportunities - for example - our software mixer can be acting like vst host ....
Or -working with project in daw with 1024 samples buffer - and recording to this project with 32 samples buffer Standalone app .
Old 26th April 2019
Lives for gear

Are MacOS drivers on the to-do list at all?
Old 26th April 2019
Gear Nut

zephonic
Yes....
Old 29th April 2019
Gear Nut

Three reaper instances run simultaneously )
and another great thing ... - software like VSL - do not need anymore with our driver )
Attached Thumbnails
Ip Audio Pro project-3_reaper_16spl.jpg  
Old 30th April 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Three reaper instances run simultaneously )
and another great thing ... - software like VSL - do not need anymore with our driver )
Interesting, does your driver do routing? Can it route sounds from one DAW and make them appear as inputs to another DAW? A sort of Total Mix?

Alistair
Old 1st May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
And you is number 1 in list of potential beta testers , when the whole software part will be finished and we receive the first factory devices, we will immediately send them to you.
Awesome, looking forward to having one across the bench.

Old 1st May 2019
Gear Maniac
Hey I have a request. This looks very interesting. Can you please give Midi some special attention? Several ports would be good and also the ability to transmit midi and midi clock at very high speed would really help a lot of us.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search