The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Stam Audio Mono SA-V76, Dual SA-V72, 500 series SA-V72-5
Old 27th March 2019
My favorite Stam Audio moment was when I preordered the U47 knock off, send him the deposit and then he bumped the price for the preordered item I cancelled my order and never looked back
Old 28th March 2019
Gear Addict
Why anyone in their right mind would release more and more products when they're over 15 months behind on back orders astonishes me.

Then claims that releasing new products have no effect on the backlog lol.

I cancelled my preorder for a unit after getting all my updates second hand from people on this forum, stam failing to meet several deadlines that were self imposed, then finding out that after being one of the people who got the "first 100 pricing" i was actually order number 300 or more so I wouldn't be getting the unit in the first batch lol.

I'm sure the units are great if you ever get them but they're no use until they arrive
Old 22nd April 2019
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by McWreckinBall View Post
It's not the crowdfunding model that's the issue, it's the timelines that they just completely ignore. I'm going on 15 months for a product from them now.
May I ask, what product have you been waiting 15 months for?
Old 22nd April 2019
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Karloff View Post
Why do people still give Stam audio money?
Because they actually make great products at a reasonable price for what they are. The long wait is the trade off.
Old 23rd April 2019
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEMAS View Post
Stam Audio
Mono V76 Preamp

Stam Audio
Dual V72 Preamp

Stam Audio
Mono V72 500 Series Preamp
So..... After going over the specifications for these products, does anyone have any input about them compared to the originals?
Old 23rd April 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroGoGo View Post
May I ask, what product have you been waiting 15 months for?
The Pultec clones.
Old 24th April 2019
Gear Head
Quote:
The Pultec clones.
Yeah.... I have a couple of those on order too. At about 4k each for a real one .... I can wait for the Stam.
Old 24th April 2019
Quote:
Yeah.... I have a couple of those on order too. At about 4k each for a real one .... I can wait for the Stam.
Oh You'll wait, no worries
Old 5th June 2019
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tansao View Post
Just to add to this... the fact that Josh or whatever the owner of Stam's name is comes on here and doesn't apologize profusely, insist that it was only a one time occurrence and that he appreciates how important word of mouth is on GS is, I'd have slight empathy...
But he never seems to really own up to the fact that he continues to fail but seems not to give care too much and keeps promising but not delivering.

Not someone I would wanna buy from.. and thats coming from someone who nearly bought a bunch of their items before I came and read this forum.

Since enquiring and emailing them, I've had 3 emails from them encouraging me to take advantage of their discount they have going on.... Not. A. Chance.
I have apologized over 20 times, maybe even more. I am wondering why you say the opposite? I have also called hundreds of clients on the phone and get called everyday and have explained the process and why I am behind schedule and 9 out of 10 keep their order, they understand what we are trying to do and that we are an honest and hardworking company trying to keep up with demand.

I am not sure who as emailed you about taking advantage of something, it certainly was not me and the person who we had for sales does not work for us anymore precisely for this reason. Trying to push sales and over-promising dates.

Since you read the "horror stories" of guys who were refunded when they requested a refund I am sure you also took the time to read the probably hundreds 5 star reviews at this stage?
Old 5th June 2019
Company Rep
Quote:
The Pultec clones.
This will be ready for you this month and you will have it home before June ends

I am soldering them right now

You also got a 50% discount on any next unit as compensation for the long wait on top of a 400 or 600 dollar discount on the Pultecs for waiting right?

Apologies for the long wait, glad it is almost over
Old 5th June 2019
Company Rep
Quote:
Because they actually make great products at a reasonable price for what they are. The long wait is the trade off.
Thanks!

Not only that, customers that wait pay on average 300 dollars less per orders.

Whenever I have stock everything sells out in days at a much higher price so nobody more than me and the team would love to have stock on items but demand is just too high so we have given up on the idea for now

Maybe next year
Old 5th June 2019
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by theillusionist View Post
Why anyone in their right mind would release more and more products when they're over 15 months behind on back orders astonishes me.

Then claims that releasing new products have no effect on the backlog lol.

I cancelled my preorder for a unit after getting all my updates second hand from people on this forum, stam failing to meet several deadlines that were self imposed, then finding out that after being one of the people who got the "first 100 pricing" i was actually order number 300 or more so I wouldn't be getting the unit in the first batch lol.

I'm sure the units are great if you ever get them but they're no use until they arrive
Could you lease explain to me or the forum members how releasing a new product would effect the backlog?

Sorry you cancelled your order.
Old 5th June 2019
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyjanopan View Post
My favorite Stam Audio moment was when I preordered the U47 knock off, send him the deposit and then he bumped the price for the preordered item I cancelled my order and never looked back
That never happened.

The product was changed and you had the option to change to the new 47 replica or get a refund.

Shame you have never looked back, you missed out on the best sounding 47 money can buy. Unless you want to spend on an original of course which sounds pretty much identical

Hopefully one day you can look back
Old 5th June 2019
Company Rep
One last thing before I get back to work, if anybody needs to call me to discuss your order or any product related questions please feel free to request a call back to [email protected] or call me at +34 671 306 274, I am always available for my clients and a phone call away

Thanks
Old 8th June 2019
Lives for gear
no 500 series v76 clone?
Old 10th June 2019
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmixer04 View Post
no 500 series v76 clone?
I did design that as well but it would be 2 slots and still quite expensive to make, probably 1090 USD for one
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search