The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
PURETEQ, a new Acqua library by SoundDrops will be available shortly!
Old 19th January 2019
Gear Maniac

PURETEQ, a new Acqua library by SoundDrops will be available shortly!

PURETEQ BUNDLE, the third Acqua library by SoundDrops, will be available shortly!

PURETEQ BUNDLE is a collection of three sought-after vacuum-tube based processors that have literally written the history of professional music recording.

PURETEQ BUNDLE includes 3 different plug-ins:

- PURETEQ-Q, modeled on a universally acclaimed program equalizer;
- PURETEQ-M, its mid-range specialized companion;
- PURETEQ-F, a 18dB/octave High- and Low-Pass passive filter bank.

In typical MetaWare fashion, the original functionality of each processor has been enhanced in ways that would be highly impractical, if not altogether impossible, in the analogue domain.

A transformer-coupled, vacuum-tube pre-amp stage is included in each plug-in.

Concurrently, a free appetizer suitably named PURETEQ-FREE will be available in Aquarius. With its two EQ sections directly taken from the commercial bundle, PURETEQ-FREE will give you a little taste of the magic that its three bigger brothers are able to work on your music.

Don't miss this great opportunity!
Attached Thumbnails
PURETEQ, a new Acqua library by SoundDrops will be available shortly!-pureteq-q.jpg   PURETEQ, a new Acqua library by SoundDrops will be available shortly!-pureteq-m.jpg   PURETEQ, a new Acqua library by SoundDrops will be available shortly!-pureteq-f.jpg   PURETEQ, a new Acqua library by SoundDrops will be available shortly!-pureteq-free.jpg  
Old 20th January 2019
Deleted e71ab78
Look forward to trying it Stedal ~ looks great.
Old 20th January 2019
Lives for gear

Looks great, Stedal. I like the style of your GUIs too.
Old 20th January 2019
Lives for gear
Did you test these in Cakewalk? Using more than one instance of your other plugins (Henry) won't authorize in it.
Old 20th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceemusic View Post
Did you test these in Cakewalk? Using more than one instance of your other plugins (Henry) won't authorize in it.
No. Actually, I didn't even know about such an issue with Cakewalk.

Does it happen only with Henry-Q or also with other 3rd-party libraries such as those by London Acoustics and DiBiQuadro?

In any case, you should definitely open a ticket to AA, since it's a protection-related problem which is managed directly by Acustica.

One last thought: please make sure that your version of N4/N4Player is up to date...

Sorry for this inconvenience.
Old 20th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteDal View Post
No. Actually, I didn't even know about such an issue with Cakewalk.

Does it happen only with Henry-Q or also with other 3rd-party libraries such as those by London Acoustics and DiBiQuadro?

In any case, you should definitely open a ticket to AA, since it's a protection-related problem which is managed directly by Acustica.

One last thought: please make sure that your version of N4/N4Player is up to date...

Sorry for this inconvenience.
I submitted a ticket & reported the problem to support 3 months ago.
They did a remote into my computer & verified the problem. It happens when there's more than one N4 Acqua library in a project. ( I have Henry, Bronze) it also happens if there's more than one of only yours in the project.
I'm guessing it probably applies to any other N4 Acqua's including your comp as well

This was the outcome from AA support:

"We have bad and good news. We replicated the issue, and only happens in Cakewalk. We tried in REAPER, Samplitude, and Cubase, and session is reloaded correctly.

We need to understand what is happening and if it is something related with N4 or with Cakewalk."

I gave them Noel's (Cakewalk) email but haven't heard anything one way or the other. The problem still exists. I check whenever a new updated version of N4 or Cakewalk is released. Hopefully it can fixed at some point because your products are excellent.
Old 22nd January 2019
Lives for gear
What is the difference between let's say Purple? Interesting!
Old 23rd January 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcct View Post
What is the difference between let's say Purple? Interesting!
Well, for starters each band has been sampled separately, so PURETEQ doesn't suffer from any cumulative phase-shift effect when several bands are enabled (for instance, to my knowledge Purple has been necessarily sampled entirely from input to output).

Then you have a high shelf curve option in the Treble Boost section, something that's missing in the original hardware.

And finally, the P****c HP and LP filters are seldom seen emulated in digital format, which is a real shame since they are really musical... plus the added bonus of a powerful variable resonance control for both of them, another PURETEQ exclusive.

All in all, I believe PURETEQ will bring something new and worth checking to this already crowded table.

Just be patient for a few more days...
Old 23rd January 2019
Yes!!!! can't wait to try this one!! Henry-Q is my secret weapon and I use it in every sessions over the many aqua plugins that I already have
This one will be really interesting! Thanks for making this!
Old 27th January 2019
I can not wait to try them. I like your sampling approach
Do you plan to release another compressor this year ? A more colored one..I would like to see that.
Old 29th January 2019
Gear Maniac
Looking forward to checking this out!!!
Old 29th January 2019
Lives for gear

Yep, really looking forward to this.
Old 30th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4nger View Post
Yep, really looking forward to this.
If everything goes as planned, PURETEQ will be released next Monday.
Old 30th January 2019
Lives for gear

I think you're gonna like it
Old 30th January 2019
Lives for gear
Based on the samples Stedal posted, it seems like the color, imagining, midrange, and highs are very close to the Pulse. Looking forward to this as Purple wasnt quite what I was looking for.
Old 30th January 2019
Lives for gear

wow, nice!
Old 31st January 2019
What does the preamp sound like? Very different than Henry-q I assume? Did you use some special tubes or is it solid state based?
Old 31st January 2019
and btw what’s the price??
Old 31st January 2019
Lives for gear

is the preamp in all modules identical?
Old 1st February 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Artsy Moods View Post
What does the preamp sound like? Very different than Henry-q I assume? Did you use some special tubes or is it solid state based?
Yes, absolutely different.
It's a modern high end vacuum tube pre-amp; it's basically a clean and classy stage which reveals it's warmer 'thermionic' side when suitably overloaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Artsy Moods View Post
and btw what’s the price??
The whole PURETEQ BUNDLE's price will be in the same ballpark as the previous libraries by SoundDrops, special introductory offer included.
Old 1st February 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAudioBot View Post
is the preamp in all modules identical?
Yes.
Old 1st February 2019
Quote:
Yes, absolutely different.
It's a modern high end vacuum tube pre-amp; it's basically a clean and classy stage which reveals it's warmer 'thermionic' side when suitably overloaded.

The whole PURETEQ BUNDLE's price will be in the same ballpark as the previous libraries by SoundDrops, special introductory offer included.
Ok! just take my money!! can't wait to get it!
Old 1st February 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
If everything goes as planned, PURETEQ will be released next Monday.
Awesome! I quite often use Purple for mixbus duties, will Puretec be cut out for similar work?
Old 1st February 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
Awesome! I quite often use Purple for mixbus duties, will Puretec be cut out for similar work?
Absolutely! Just think of it as a variation/expansion on a time-proven excellent recipe...
Old 3rd February 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Absolutely! Just think of it as a variation/expansion on a time-proven excellent recipe...
Awesome! I can't wait! Tomorrow you say?
Old 4th February 2019
Gear Maniac
PURETEQ is out!!! Pureteq - Acustica Audio
Old 4th February 2019
Lives for gear

deleted

Last edited by thermos; 5th February 2019 at 12:44 AM.. Reason: I was totally wrong
Old 4th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
I hate to say this, but I think the quality of these libraries is affected by only having a 44.1 library. With Mantis I didn't mind it as much, but I found Henry-Q and also this plug kind of muddying the waters at higher sample rates. In my experience, I won't touch an N4 library unless the sample rate is native, at least with mastering.

Otherwise, this is really cool. I might just buy it for 44.1 projects. I honestly think if the developer was to SRC the samples with Izotope RX and offer all sample rates, it would sound infinitely better than the SRC Nebula does.
I really don't understand what you're talking about.

Mantis, for one, is a pure compressor. This means that it couldn't care less about sample rate: under any circumstances it's processing the signal exactly in the same way, irrespective of the chosen SR.

Henry-Q ATM offers native 96K and 44K1 vectors, so Nebula's real-time SRC is only happening for 48K and 88K2. The native vectors for those two SR will be available in a future update.

Finally, PURETEQ BUNDLE comes with the native vectors for every SR already included in the package.

In any case, in every library by SoundDrops all vectors are accurately derived from the original 96K samples.

So again, with all due respect I really don't understand what you're talking about.
Old 4th February 2019
Lives for gear

my bad

Last edited by thermos; 5th February 2019 at 12:49 AM.. Reason: my bad
Old 4th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
Ok good to know. Is this the case with the trial as well? In N4 it says 44.1 if I'm in a 96k project.
If you're talking about Mantis, then yes, it's perfectly fine if N4's panel shows 44100.

If you mean PURETEQ BUNDLE or Henry-Q, then apparently there's something
not working as intended in your system.

Edit: case resolved. It was a minor user error by thermos. Everything is happily working as planned.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search