The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Stam Audio SA-609 (33609 replica)
Old 16th January 2019
Company Rep
Hardware Stam Audio SA-609 (33609 replica)

Hello Everybody,

Happy to introduce to the forum the Stam Audio SA-609, an exact replica of the famous vintage Neve 33609 compressor.

Sowter and Carnhill transformers, Vishay, polystyrene and tantalum capacitors, identical schematic and circuit to the famous and original "metal knob" 33609
revision.

More info on: Stam Audio

STOCK PRICE: $1.290.00 USD

PRE-ORDER PRICE: $1190.00 USD

FIRST 100 TO PRE-ORDER: $990 USD

SECOND 100 TO PRE-ORDER: $1090 USD

NEXT BATCH: MAY 2019

200.00 USD deposit required

Link: Stam Audio SA-609
Attached Thumbnails
Stam Audio SA-609 (33609 replica)-2da9c24d-9e57-4017-9fcc-69caef14cd85.jpg  

Last edited by joshuanaconda; 18th January 2019 at 11:10 AM..
Old 17th January 2019
Administrator

Awesome!!
Old 17th January 2019
God damnit its so pretty
Old 17th January 2019
Lives for gear

oh sh!t
Old 17th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thought it was another company lol
And who did you think it was ?

I am so tired of you whiners.
It's like a decease, and you never let go.

This look fantastic btw

Old 18th January 2019
Company Rep
First 100 reduced to 990 USD!

25 spots left
Old 18th January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
First 100 reduced to 990 USD!

25 spots left
No no no no, don't do this to me Josh Would look lovely in my rack!
Old 18th January 2019
Gear Nut

Doesn't it seem somewhat disingenuous to be announcing and taking orders for a new product when you haven't fulfilled orders for your last 5 newly announced products yet?
Old 18th January 2019
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiccup View Post
Doesn't it seem somewhat disingenuous to be announcing and taking orders for a new product when you haven't fulfilled orders for your last 5 newly announced products yet?
All SA2A, SA3A, SA47 FET, SA47, 1073 and SA4000 MK1 are up to date

Pultec and 1073EQ start shipment next month with the SA76ADG

Fairchild and SA4000MK2 to follow.

No, it does not, this is the way we operate, plus we have given everybody affected by the delays a 50% discount on their next order.

I politely request we keep this thread about the product if possible, there are other threads to complain or talk about our delays etc..

Thank you
Old 19th January 2019
Gear Nut

That's fine, but technically this thread should be in 'New Products - Coming Soon'.
Old 19th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Are these sowter & carnhill transformers on each channel?
Old 19th January 2019
Company Rep
Yes sir
Old 21st January 2019
Gear Head

Realistically if somebody paid now, how long would it take? 2-3 years before it arrives? I'm asking because I see nothing but complaints and people who've paid and never receive their products. I tried going with the Stamchild and after some fight, had my credit card refund me the money for non-delivery. I see on the forums those who paid in July are still waiting without so much as a photograph of a working unit. They can see a mocked up one or a digital picture but nothing else. I would suggest caution to anybody learning about Stam from this post.

Do you have gut shots? A picture of a working unit? Do you have an audio sample? A picture of the production facility? Anything?
Old 22nd January 2019
Here for the gear

I received my SA2A about a year plus from deposit
Total was a little under 1000
I have a smart c2, api 529, Distressor, Elysia 500
There’s a trade off for price and quality
I’m in it for the long term
so it’s worth the wait for me
for a quality sounding piece
I’d definitely purchase again
Happy customer here
Old 22nd January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronluigi View Post
Realistically if somebody paid now, how long would it take? 2-3 years before it arrives? I'm asking because I see nothing but complaints and people who've paid and never receive their products. I tried going with the Stamchild and after some fight, had my credit card refund me the money for non-delivery. I see on the forums those who paid in July are still waiting without so much as a photograph of a working unit. They can see a mocked up one or a digital picture but nothing else. I would suggest caution to anybody learning about Stam from this post.

Do you have gut shots? A picture of a working unit? Do you have an audio sample? A picture of the production facility? Anything?
I've gone through the grueling wait before , and ended up getting my SA-2A. Somehow it was worth it....

I'm putting up with this abuse cuz he does good work and I trust him as a person to make good on his orders. I honestly expected this. Even when I'm told a date I assume it will be delayed again. It's sad but true. Like I've said though I hope for his sake he is able to clean up shop and remain competitive.
Old 22nd January 2019
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronluigi View Post

We have thousands of delivered units in 5 years and over 300 reviews online
Old 22nd January 2019
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzer View Post
I've gone through the grueling wait before , and ended up getting my SA-2A. Somehow it was worth it....

I'm putting up with this abuse cuz he does good work and I trust him as a person to make good on his orders. I honestly expected this. Even when I'm told a date I assume it will be delayed again. It's sad but true. Like I've said though I hope for his sake he is able to clean up shop and remain competitive.
Thank you sir

We are certainly trying our best to reduce wait times and improve our service

I use to do everything by myself, we now have 4 people for customer service only, we will get there soon

Thanks!!
Old 22nd January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank you sir

We are certainly trying our best to reduce wait times and improve our service

I use to do everything by myself, we now have 4 people for customer service only, we will get there soon

Thanks!!
Josh if some kind of way your delivered date would be a week or two out, I'd have most of your products. I have the sa4000 and Sa76. Both are great. Your Sa3a should be here in a few days. I'm so interested in your Sa47, Sa87, Sa800, Sa670 and the new Sa609. Had been contemplating the Vintech 609 but now I'm seriously contemplating your Sa609. Looks good man......Damn Damn Damn..
Old 22nd January 2019
Lives for gear

Just ordered the SA-800 ! What a deal !

And there is also a SA-670 coming my way.

Thanks Josh !

Old 22nd January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
Just ordered the SA-800 ! What a deal !

And there is also a SA-670 coming my way.

Thanks Josh !

Great! Let us know how it sounds and post some samples as soon as possible!
Old 22nd January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by baslotto View Post
Great! Let us know how it sounds and post some samples as soon as possible!

Well, let me get hold of them first.
Nothing is gonna happen before March.

But when it comes to these, I am a patient man

Old 23rd January 2019
Here for the gear

I ordered an SA4000+ with Mod in August 2017!

After many delays and several new product announcements, my order was never fulfilled. I was offered an upgrade to the SA4000 MKII in June 2018, only to be delayed again multiple times.

It is now January 2019...

I have emailed you at: [email protected]. You replied to my email without addressing any of my concerns. I still have no equipment, no eta on shipping, no updates, nothing.
Old 23rd January 2019
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo-Fi View Post
I ordered an SA4000+ with Mod in August 2017!

After many delays and several new product announcements, my order was never fulfilled. I was offered an upgrade to the SA4000 MKII in June 2018, only to be delayed again multiple times.

It is now January 2019...

I have emailed you at: [email protected]. You replied to my email without addressing any of my concerns. I still have no equipment, no eta on shipping, no updates, nothing.
I sent out an email to everybody waiting on a SA4000MK2

If you did not get the email kindly email me and put SA4000MK2 update on the subject line

I can't know who you are with your nickname here, feel free to PM me your email as well to help

Thanks
Josh
Old 23rd January 2019
Here for the gear

Hi Josh will there be confirmation emails soon for people that have ordered the sa609?
Old 23rd January 2019
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by billmo View Post
Hi Josh will there be confirmation emails soon for people that have ordered the sa609?
yes sir
I will send out some emails very soon
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

Prove that the company has changed with actions, not words. Until a new track record has been established, people will make comments about your missed delivery times. For the love of Echo (the god of sound) START USING A CUSTOMER SUPPORT TICKETING SYSTEM!!!

Quality is excellent though. That is the only reason people put up with Stam's bad communications/missed delivery dates.

So, anyone reading this expect to take delivery of the SA-609 (and the other newly announced Stam products) sometime in January 2020!
Old 24th January 2019
Quote:
yes sir
Hi Josh. I am quite interested in this unit. I have a question. You may have answered this somewhere already, but since there is not yet one spot to see all the latest info in one place (I know you're working on that, though), I will ask here, please.

It concerns the kind offer you made to folks who have been waiting on other Stam equipment. When using the 50% discount on the one item, what price is the discount applied to?

For example, on this SA-609 piece, is it 50% off the "FIRST 100 TO PRE-ORDER: $990 USD", as long as that price remains applicable? Or one of the other prices listed in your opening post? This is not made clear - at least, to me - in the latest update email I received.

And, btw, I received an update on the 1073EQ on Jan 8, and an update on the SA4000 MKII on Jan 18. Your email updates seem to be improving, as promised, good sir. Noticed and appreciated.
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by no genre View Post
Hi Josh. I am quite interested in this unit. I have a question. You may have answered this somewhere already, but since there is not yet one spot to see all the latest info in one place (I know you're working on that, though), I will ask here, please.

It concerns the kind offer you made to folks who have been waiting on other Stam equipment. When using the 50% discount on the one item, what price is the discount applied to?

For example, on this SA-609 piece, is it 50% off the "FIRST 100 TO PRE-ORDER: $990 USD", as long as that price remains applicable? Or one of the other prices listed in your opening post? This is not made clear - at least, to me - in the latest update email I received.

And, btw, I received an update on the 1073EQ on Jan 8, and an update on the SA4000 MKII on Jan 18. Your email updates seem to be improving, as promised, good sir. Noticed and appreciated.
In the email you are referring to, Josh said:

Quote:
"Please note that this discount is for a maximum of one unit per client and applies on top of the stock price of units."
The stock price of the 609 is $1,290 US.
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

I guess this is the “New Products ALERT” thread with ALERT almost meaning “Coming Soon”. I wish there were separate threads for things that are “new and available” versus “new and not available available indefinitely”. There are several vendors who post here but don’t have available produk (Ebonics). Wish they were separate threads.
Old 24th January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
yes sir
Thats good thanks,I ordered jan 18th in the morning and want to know if thats in the first 100.Thanks again have a good day
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search