The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Stam Audio SA-609 (33609 replica)
Old 25th February 2019
  #91
Company Rep
 

mark from Stam Audio

Hi there everyone!

Im the head of sales and marketing for Stam Audio. Im here to help if you guys need anything.

My email is [email protected] so do not hesitate to shoot me a message.

Cheers!

Mark Camilleri
Head of Sales and marketing
STAMAUDIO
Old 27th February 2019
  #92
Company Rep
 

Yes we are offering this steep discount to mediate this delay. Its not ideal but its the most we can do on top of speeding up our processes.

Regards, Mark
Old 5th April 2019
  #93
Lives for gear
@ StamAudio Hello Mark, can you give us all an update on the SA-609, please? Expected delivery date? Thank you.
Old 5th April 2019
  #94
Company Rep
 

mark from Stam Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumhead57 View Post
@ StamAudio Hello Mark, can you give us all an update on the SA-609, please? Expected delivery date? Thank you.
Hi how are you?

We are aiming to ship them mid may.

My colleague Camila will be updating you once they are ready.

For a more precise ETA please contact her next month at : [email protected]

Cheers and thank you for your patience!

regards, Mark
Old 5th April 2019
  #95
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by StamAudio View Post
Hi how are you?

We are aiming to ship them mid may.

My colleague Camila will be updating you once they are ready.

For a more precise ETA please contact her next month at : [email protected]

Cheers and thank you for your patience!

regards, Mark
Thank you, Mark, it's much appreciated.
Old 8th April 2019
  #96
Company Rep
 

mark from Stam Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumhead57 View Post
Thank you, Mark, it's much appreciated.
You're Welcome!
Old 30th April 2019
  #97
Here for the gear
SA47 was worth the wait

Okay, so I know that Stam has a not-too-good reputation with delivery times ever since the little secret of Stam Audio was let out of the bag a while ago. They've been struggling ever since just to keep up with demand.
I waited a fair amount of time for my SA47 to come in and, I gotta say, I'm quite impressed. With these clone manufacturers I usually have the mindset of "Even if it sucks it'll most likely be okay" because of the prices that you pay compared to the originals.
In a blind test you do notice a slight difference between an actual U47 and the SA47. My SA47 does seem to have a little more low end frequency response. Other than that, it's pretty spot-on. Heck, you can have even more variation between two vintage 47's. The build is solid. The mic looks great. I would've liked a little indicator light on the power supply to let me know that it's on, but that's not a big issue. I got what I wanted- a microphone that sounded like a U47 without the hefty price. This mic has been getting a lot of use in the studio.
I look at this wait time on a slightly positive note. I know I'm getting a great product and I can save up money while I'm waiting. These items I'm ordering are to bolster my selection of gear in the studio, so it's not imperative that I have them in a week (or two or three or four, etc.). I do have to say though, that once I place the order I am like a kid at Christmas waiting to open my present. This is my second Stam Audio product that I own. I'm currently waiting for my SA76 ADG and Stamchild compressors to come in (hopefully REALLY soon ).
There's a reason I keep going back to these guys- their products are really great and the price is right. If you can handle the wait times (I know they're desperately trying to address this issue), I would highly recommend purchasing any of their products.
Old 30th April 2019
  #98
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecordingDen View Post
Okay, so I know that Stam has a not-too-good reputation with delivery times ever since the little secret of Stam Audio was let out of the bag a while ago. They've been struggling ever since just to keep up with demand.
I waited a fair amount of time for my SA47 to come in and, I gotta say, I'm quite impressed. With these clone manufacturers I usually have the mindset of "Even if it sucks it'll most likely be okay" because of the prices that you pay compared to the originals.
In a blind test you do notice a slight difference between an actual U47 and the SA47. My SA47 does seem to have a little more low end frequency response. Other than that, it's pretty spot-on. Heck, you can have even more variation between two vintage 47's. The build is solid. The mic looks great. I would've liked a little indicator light on the power supply to let me know that it's on, but that's not a big issue. I got what I wanted- a microphone that sounded like a U47 without the hefty price. This mic has been getting a lot of use in the studio.
I look at this wait time on a slightly positive note. I know I'm getting a great product and I can save up money while I'm waiting. These items I'm ordering are to bolster my selection of gear in the studio, so it's not imperative that I have them in a week (or two or three or four, etc.). I do have to say though, that once I place the order I am like a kid at Christmas waiting to open my present. This is my second Stam Audio product that I own. I'm currently waiting for my SA76 ADG and Stamchild compressors to come in (hopefully REALLY soon ).
There's a reason I keep going back to these guys- their products are really great and the price is right. If you can handle the wait times (I know they're desperately trying to address this issue), I would highly recommend purchasing any of their products.
Thank you so much for your kind review!

I am honored that you like our work

Enjoy the SA47!!
Old 20th May 2019
  #99
Hello Josh and the GS community, I just pre-ordered:

SA-4000EQ
SA-609
SA-76ADG
SA-4000 MKII with API mod

I understand it takes quite a while to receive the gear. I had a similar experience when I bought my 10" truss tube imaging telescope, quite a few setbacks but in the end I am satisfied with the scope and I have no doubts this gear will be amazing as I'd rather have it made well provide many years of reliable service, than rushed and poorly made. However,I am eager to getting to using everything and hopefully the wait times aren't too terribly long. Thanks.
Old 20th May 2019
  #100
Company Rep
Thank you sir

I sent you an email with dates!
Old 20th May 2019
  #101
Gear Nut
 
smallstonefan's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
Thank you sir

I sent you an email with dates!
Hi Josh,

I sent you and Camilla an email to cancel by 609 order and issue a refund. I haven't heard back from anyone yet.

If the unit is shipping this month I'll keep the order...

Last edited by smallstonefan; 21st May 2019 at 06:00 PM..
Old 20th May 2019
  #102
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
Thank you sir

I sent you an email with dates!
Thanks! I received the email, If I end up with concerns I will reach out, however I am not in a super big hurry so whenever they ship just invoice me for the remaining balance. Thanks.
Old 20th May 2019
  #103
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaberocker View Post
Thanks! I received the email, If I end up with concerns I will reach out, however I am not in a super big hurry so whenever they ship just invoice me for the remaining balance. Thanks.
What is the ETA for 609 and 4000EQ ?
Old 20th May 2019
  #104
Quote:
Originally Posted by ori9inal View Post
What is the ETA for 609 and 4000EQ ?
609: August
4000eq: July
Year: Unknown
Old 21st May 2019
  #105
Company Rep
New dates will be up this week on the site and we will email everybody the newsletter
Old 4 weeks ago
  #106
If I order now I’m good for this batch?
Old 1 week ago
  #107
Gear Addict
 
JTC111's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by organicsounds View Post
If I order now I’m good for this batch?
If you haven't figured it out yet, there are no batches that ship on time. They ship when they ship, and that could be anywhere from 7 months to 2 years after the original promised date.

Helpful hint: If you scream really loud on the intertubes when the units are finally staring to dribble out, you'll get jumped to the front of the line. Yes, that's not fair to those who may have been waiting longer than you, but that's how the company operates.
Old 1 week ago
  #108
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTC111 View Post
If you haven't figured it out yet, there are no batches that ship on time. They ship when they ship, and that could be anywhere from 7 months to 2 years after the original promised date.

Helpful hint: If you scream really loud on the intertubes when the units are finally staring to dribble out, you'll get jumped to the front of the line. Yes, that's not fair to those who may have been waiting longer than you, but that's how the company operates.
Clearly that was not the question I was asking nor was I asking you.
Old 1 week ago
  #109
Gear Addict
 
JTC111's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by organicsounds View Post
Clearly that was not the question I was asking nor was I asking you.
You didn't address your question to anyone specific, and I provided you with honest and truthful information that you were clearly lacking.
Old 22 hours ago
  #110
Here for the gear
 

I really hope the estimated date of October they provide on the web page is accurate. Hopefully they nailed the Neve 33609 like they did with the 1073 MPA.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump