The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Stam Audio SA-609 (33609 replica)
Old 25th January 2019
Here for the gear

I have felt the frustrations with Stam and Joshua turnarounds. I also understand that he is probably no more than a few person operation with ambitions to rule the high quality clone market. As a small personally financed studio through sessions, contracts and gigs I welcome his business. Have multiple products of his on order and a received already. The Sa-4000Mk1 and Sa-47. Love both items. The Sa-47 took about 5 months to be delivered. When it was delivered to my surprised it didn’t work. That sucked. Sent it to his repair center which Josh paid for! Thank you. It was about a month turnaround cause the repair center didn’t have the parts to fix it. New center and probably have to work on logistics on what parts to keep in stock. Mic had a blown transformer in the power supply and a stripped screw on the housing. Repair center fixed it Jeff at Shoreline Audio and Sound did a great job. So basically 6 months from deposit and repair I got my Sa-47 running and love it. It sounds great. So any looking to get into the the Stam Product like be prepared for some delay, wait or something. It is what it is. Don’t order if it’s critical that you need it in your next session. Won’t happen. Order if you want a boutique style product at the most affordable rates around. Currently we have the SA-800, SA-670, SA-690 deposit paid. JOSH said on multiple that he will honor a 50% discount on extreme delayed. So now the SA-670 is more than half a year with a $500 deposit made. So what is extreme delayed mean?
Old 25th January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
I am so tired of you whiners.
It's like a decease, and you never let go.
My grandfather taught me this one before he passed:
Condemning people about what they do wrong and what you hate about the world just make you the self anointed king of whiners - Instead, encourage and uplift the ones who do it right... makes the only real impact on a community.

I’d also ask you consider putting yourself in the shoes of some of the many people who have been lied to about deliveries and even (as I’ve read here) denied refund of deposits by Stam Audio over the years. This guy, for whatever reason refuses to change a broken business model and a lot of people who want this genuinely cool gear have been burned bad. I too was screwed in a year long battle over their ssl clone, these are fact based statements by consumers, not whiners. Imagine for a moment it was you? Isn’t that the true sign of compassion and maturity? And isn’t the point of community to protect others in it from harm? Like voicing a fact based statement of warning?
Anyway, Take it easy
Toa!

Last edited by jml designs; 26th January 2019 at 09:28 AM.. Reason: Clarification
Old 25th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml designs View Post
Condemning people about what they do wrong and what you hate about the world just make you the self anointed king of whiners - Instead, encourage and uplift the ones who do it right... makes the only real impact on a community.
Your grandfather is right, and I am with him on every point.
But if you're implying that I am condemning people or even hate people in here,
your got it all totally wrong. I am certainly not !
BTW ... condemning someone is a strong act, so is hate. I am not part of that.

Here I am just addressing a tendency among some people. Whiners are whiners, and sometimes one gets tired of all this.
Simply because it never stops no matter what.
Get me right, if people have complains about the way a company treats them, of course they should complain.
But they should look for solutions, and stop whining. There is a huge diffencec there.
And the one comment I was referring to, had nothing constructive to it. It was just another bad joke about Stam.
And I said what I meant about that.

Quote:
I’d also ask you consider putting yourself in the shoes of some of the many people who have been lied to and even robbed by Stam Audio over the years. This guy, for whatever reason is too afraid to change a broken business model and a lot of people who want this genuinely cool gear have been burned bad. I too was screwed in a year long battle over their ssl clone, these are fact based statements by consumers, not whiners. Imagine for a moment it was you? Isn’t that the true sign of compassion and maturity? And isn’t the point of community to protect others in it from harm? Like voicing a fact based statement of warning?
Anyway, Take it easy
Toa!
Stam has done strange things, and Josh and his folks have a history of lousy
communications with some of his customers over the years.
If you check around, you'll see that Joshua himself is the first to admit this.
But he is an honest man, and he would never screw nobody.
I am not sure what you mean about 'screwed in a year long battle' though.
Maybe we use 'screwed' differently ...
If you read the previous post (before yours),
Stam is now offering some kind of compensation for the folks that have been waiting toooo long.
I think that is a fine gesture, and I think he deserves some respect in that matter.
Stam IS changing and I believe we see a different attitude and professionalism towards customers as we speak.

Listen, I don't want to argue with people about Stam and their customer policy.
I know some folks have had their bad experiences, and some still have, and thats no good !
But I think its fair to Stam to say they are really trying now, to set things right.

Time to move on.

Last edited by Gemylon; 25th January 2019 at 02:11 PM..
Old 25th January 2019
Company Rep
Quote:

I’d also ask you consider putting yourself in the shoes of some of the many people who have been lied to and even robbed by Stam Audio over the years. This guy, for whatever reason is too afraid to change a broken business model and a lot of people who want this genuinely cool gear have been burned bad. I too was screwed in a year long battle over their ssl clone, these are fact based statements by consumers, not whiners. Imagine for a moment it was you? Isn’t that the true sign of compassion and maturity? And isn’t the point of community to protect others in it from harm? Like voicing a fact based statement of warning?
Anyway, Take it easy
Toa!
You are entitled to have your opinion about me and the company and we take this feedback seriously, a good review makes us as happy, yes, but a bad one makes us improve and this is what we have been doing. This said, your opinion does not give you the right to insult others, call them a thief or write things that are simply not true. We have never (and never will) denied or failed to deliver either a working unit or a refund and if this is not your case then I will give you a unit for free today.

You can not use the word robbed so lightly

Instead of protecting others from harm be happy of the three thousand SA4000 100% satisfied and happy users we have and the many more MK2 to come.

You had a bad experience which I deeply regret, and you are not the only one that has had one but that does not make me a robber. I have been and still am completely overwhelmed with the amount of orders but things are changing, we now have 5 people handling customers service and 15 people for building and quality control, this entire thing was done by two of us not more than two years ago, it was absolute chaos and we worked to the best of my abilities which was obviously not good enough.

We learned our lesson, we are adapting and changing and most importantly of all we continue to use the most expensive transformers in the world and the finest components found anywhere to manufacture what we believe are the best sounding replicas we can make at an affordable price
Old 25th January 2019
Lives for gear

What applications are the 33609(s) good for. Thanks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post

Hello Everybody,

Happy to introduce to the forum the Stam Audio SA-609, an exact replica of the famous vintage Neve 33609 compressor.

Sowter and Carnhill transformers, Vishay, polystyrene and tantalum capacitors, identical schematic and circuit to the famous and original "metal knob" 33609
revision.

More info on: Stam Audio

STOCK PRICE: $1.290.00 USD

PRE-ORDER PRICE: $1190.00 USD

FIRST 100 TO PRE-ORDER: $990 USD

SECOND 100 TO PRE-ORDER: $1090 USD

NEXT BATCH: MAY 2019

200.00 USD deposit required

Link: Stam Audio SA-609
Old 26th January 2019
Gear Nut

Another one that won't see the light of day until... Mmmmm 2020 maybe, what's the point

Last edited by beckmule; 26th January 2019 at 07:05 AM.. Reason: Missing words
Old 26th January 2019
Quote:
...”We have never (and never will) denied or failed to deliver either a working unit or a refund”
Well hold on J, in addition to all your other issues, there ARE posts by your customers who were never returned their deposits, never got their orders & emails stopped being responded to. Those guys rightfully feel robbed. Glad to hear you’re trying to change that now but whether it was intentional or not, there has been undeniable reports of non-refunded deposits. Either there’s a conspiracy against Stam Audio or there’s some truth to the claims. Having been burned myself by this company recently, my guess is a few of these people arent lying but that’s really not even my point. Im saying these are real people with real issues and it looks like the company is still using the same broken “deposit” model that’s causing you so much internal headache in the first place. So my question remains... why?

I do wish Stam the best, so since we’re having an open dialog, heres my 2 cents:

Taking deposits in hopes to cover a lack of overhead, to run an expanding company, is a bad business model. Trying to perfect that model is playing with fire. You’re literally borrowing money to stay a float from bulk order to bulk order. But in the past when too few orders came in, you lost the deposits... or worse, maybe you lost track of who you owe deposit refunds to? So why continue to run the business like that?
Take the leap, stock your product! Have faith. Filling shelves with stock is terrifying at first I’m sure but every company has to take that leap at some point to be sustainable. Look what it’s really costing.

As a business owner myself I can’t imagine the stress you’re putting on yourself and team too, in addition to other issues (international customs, company growth, customer support, etc).

Also, reaching out to those who claimed to have never got their deposits back is the right thing to do and will go far with this community. I hope you get it all ironed out brother, glad to hear change is in the air. Looking forward to seeing that.

Best of luck
Old 26th January 2019
Company Rep
Quote:
Well hold on J, in addition to all your other issues, there ARE posts by your customers who were never returned their deposits, never got their orders & emails stopped being responded to. Those guys rightfully feel robbed. Glad to hear you’re trying to change that now but whether it was intentional or not, there has been undeniable reports of non-refunded deposits. Either there’s a conspiracy against Stam Audio or there’s some truth to the claims. Having been burned myself by this company recently, my guess is a few of these people arent lying but that’s really not even my point. Im saying these are real people with real issues and it looks like the company is still using the same broken “deposit” model that’s causing you so much internal headache in the first place. So my question remains... why?

I do wish Stam the best, so since we’re having an open dialog, heres my 2 cents:

Taking deposits in hopes to cover a lack of overhead, to run an expanding company, is a bad business model. Trying to perfect that model is playing with fire. You’re literally borrowing money to stay a float from bulk order to bulk order. But in the past when too few orders came in, you lost the deposits... or worse, maybe you lost track of who you owe deposit refunds to? So why continue to run the business like that?
Take the leap, stock your product! Have faith. Filling shelves with stock is terrifying at first I’m sure but every company has to take that leap at some point to be sustainable. Look what it’s really costing.

As a business owner myself I can’t imagine the stress you’re putting on yourself and team too, in addition to other issues (international customs, company growth, customer support, etc).

Also, reaching out to those who claimed to have never got their deposits back is the right thing to do and will go far with this community. I hope you get it all ironed out brother, glad to hear change is in the air. Looking forward to seeing that.

Best of luck
I ask you to please point me to one of those posts. Life is pretty simple, you are either a dishonest person or an honest one, there is no being honest half of the time. I have refunded over 1.000 people in 5 years, maybe even more and never have failed to return a single deposit. Who ever says the opposite is either not telling the truth or has been refunded and doesn't care to come here and set the record straight, which I suspect is the case.

These "undeniable" reports are deniable. Do you think the owners of this forum would allow me to promote my products here if I were robbing their members? Do you think people would reserve from me in the thousands if they genuinely believed there was a risk of losing their hard earned money?
The vast majority of my clients come from this forum and a large amount of them have been with us since day one

Your questions on why I ran a business model like I do are valid but I will not respond to it. You believe to understand it and the issues we have but you don't.

I started Stam Audio with 10 dollars with nothing but the promise of delivering the best sounding LA2A replica ever made and we did. Today, 5 years later, we have almost 40 employees, ship thousands of units yearly and continue to grow despite all the problems we have had with delays, suppliers and bad reputation for not meeting deadlines. I don't think this business model was unsuccessful. We hire 2 new guys every month to keep up with demand and I have designed some things that will certainly make this grow even more, you are in for a treat very soon.

I appreciate your good intentions and advice but calling somebody a thief is highly offensive in my culture.

Josh
Old 26th January 2019
Gear Addict

From a person who just put down a deposit less than 48 hours... the statement "I have refunded over 1.000 people in 5 years" doesn't give me that "warm/fuzzy" feeling...

Anyway...

At the moment, my biggest concern is knowing which batch/price point I locked into... A confirmation of Pre-Order, would be great, rather than justifying past-performance and growing pains (which is often a good problem), on an open forum.

Jus sayin...
Old 26th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:

I’d also ask you consider putting yourself in the shoes of some of the many people who have been lied to about deliveries and even (as I’ve read here) denied refund of deposits by Stam Audio over the years. This guy, for whatever reason refuses to change a broken business model and a lot of people who want this genuinely cool gear have been burned bad. I too was screwed in a year long battle over their ssl clone, these are fact based statements by consumers, not whiners. Imagine for a moment it was you? Isn’t that the true sign of compassion and maturity? And isn’t the point of community to protect others in it from harm? Like voicing a fact based statement of warning?
Anyway, Take it easy
Toa!
It seems to me reading all these threads about STAM that essentially his business model, from starting literally on his own to now employing 15 people, has been essentially a crowd funding endeavour in all but name.

Get the money in from orders, buy the parts and build.
Get more money in from more orders, and buy double the number of parts and build double the amount.

Eventually you develop a head of steam and before a decade has passed you're the new Behringer or Warm Audio on the block, so to speak - able to deliver on demand.

I think for some people its great to be part of that and support an ambitious entrepreneur like Josh at STAM.

For me personally I'm too old and impatient to wait even two days for my gear to arrive, but I admire his motivation and I say good luck to him and good on those who have chosen to support him.

From the demo's I have heard I think STAM gear sounds great!
Old 26th January 2019
Gear Nut

Yeah, sorry jml but I gotta step in here to defend Josh. Your accusations also don’t square with what I’ve encountered on any of these forums or my own experience as a happy customer. Am I happy to wait? Of course not. But Josh isn’t a theif. Like he said, if you’ve got actual evidence of that, please back up your claims and I’ll be the first to admit I’m wrong (I sure hope I’m not because that’s a heck of an accusation). I think the answer is simpler than that and it’s exactly how he’s put it before: the dude is overwhelmed. There are a **** ton of orders. Thousands. It’s a small operation that’s expanding. From my experience, their communications have been improving so I can see that they are moving in the right direction. For what it’s worth, I now have a 1073MPA and SA2A and, well, after using them for about a month now, I feel like the thief.

Shaun
Old 26th January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo-Fi View Post
I ordered an SA4000+ with Mod in August 2017!

After many delays and several new product announcements, my order was never fulfilled. I was offered an upgrade to the SA4000 MKII in June 2018, only to be delayed again multiple times.

It is now January 2019...

I have emailed you at: [email protected]. You replied to my email without addressing any of my concerns. I still have no equipment, no eta on shipping, no updates, nothing.

Quote:
I sent out an email to everybody waiting on a SA4000MK2

If you did not get the email kindly email me and put SA4000MK2 update on the subject line
What is offensive is that you find time to post online, but you still have not provided a status update via email as promised, 3 days ago.

Since you are here, please provide a status update on my unfulfilled order from August 2017...Please.

Last edited by Slo-Fi; 26th January 2019 at 11:40 PM.. Reason: Clarity
Old 28th January 2019
Lives for gear
Gear4Music here in the UK started selling STAM Audio gear on their on-line store, but I just noticed they've stopped selling them, which is a shame as I would of considered ordering through a well known UK retailer such a Gear4Music as the onus would of been on them to deliver on time and provide a warranty.
Old 28th January 2019
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo-Fi View Post
What is offensive is that you find time to post online, but you still have not provided a status update via email as promised, 3 days ago.

Since you are here, please provide a status update on my unfulfilled order from August 2017...Please.

Posting on a forum takes 30 seconds of my time

Replying my inbox takes all week , completely unrelated things

I can't help you if you don't tell me who you see , PM me your email so I can assist you please

Josh
Old 28th January 2019
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
Gear4Music here in the UK started selling STAM Audio gear on their on-line store, but I just noticed they've stopped selling them, which is a shame as I would of considered ordering through a well known UK retailer such a Gear4Music as the onus would of been on them to deliver on time and provide a warranty.
They have not stopped , they just placed a larger order

We also provide warranty
Old 29th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
They have not stopped , they just placed a larger order

We also provide warranty

The Gear4Music UK website clearly states

This product is currently unavailable for delivery to your country

Stam Audio SA-76ADG FET Compressor at Gear4music

If Gear4Music just placed a big order it's unfortunately not destined for UK customers!
Old 29th January 2019
Lives for gear

no one has recieved their SA-76ADG, yet.
not even the first 100, so why should G4M have them in stock then?
Old 29th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by the fxs View Post
no one has recieved their SA-76ADG, yet.
not even the first 100, so why should G4M have them in stock then?
I hear you - but It says the same thing for every single STAM product on their website.

Previously they were ALL available to order with an estimated delivery date, now they just say not available in your country.

I think if Gear4Music retailed an SA-2A I would order one from them as I would feel comfortable doing so as UK law means if the order didn't turn up in a sensible time frame G4M would by law have to instantly refund my credit card.

It's a the whole point of buying from a retailer as opposed to direct.

I have emailed G4M to find out what's changed?
Old 29th January 2019
Lives for gear

maybe they had a handful of units in stock and are sold out by now.
maybe they just set up the shop with Stam products and forgot to put the correct availability status on them,... who knows.

the SA-2A is discontiniued and will be replaced by the SA-23A.
Old 29th January 2019
Company Rep
They are waiting on the new pricing and deliveries from us which they will have next week
With spoke with them today!
Josh
Old 29th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
They are waiting on the new pricing and deliveries from us which they will have next week
With spoke with them today!
Josh
Great!

Hopefully the new SA23+ will be available at G4M with a sensible delivery time frame.
Old 31st January 2019
Gear Addict

Talking

So if i paid today for the 609...when would i actually be touching it and twisting its knobs?

I hate waiting for stuff
Old 1st February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm sounds View Post
So if i paid today for the 609...when would i actually be touching it and twisting its knobs?

I hate waiting for stuff
Seek another manufacturer if waiting and having delivery dates unfulfilled is going to be a problem.
Old 5th February 2019
I don't think Josh needs defenders, he's a big boy so to speak, and can probably handle a little kick in the nuts from his clientele if they're unhappy. I've been in business for myself for over 20 years as a freelance engineer. From time to time you have to deal with delays, drama, and life that gets in the way of one's business. No one likes unhappy clients, but if you're in business for yourself and you're selling a service, be prepared to have your arss handed to you if you're not holding up to your end of the bargain.

I would suggest to Josh, just tell people it takes 8 months to 1 year from downpayment to delivery per order. Then you're at the very least being honest, and this gives you time to make this business model you're doing work with more integrity behind it. I heard of this tattoo artist out in LA that has a 3 - 4 year waiting list! If the end result is slamming, whether it's tattoos or compressors, people will wait for it. But one thing people hate is, being told one thing and then to experience another. You may lose a few clients who don't want to wait a long time for their gear, but the fact is you're going to lose them anyway if you keep failing to deliver as promised, so yo might as well be upfront about it, give yourself the time you need to build what most say is quality gear, and continue to grow with less stress of people bellyaching about massive delays.

I'm on your list waiting for a S4000 Mk2, I knew the deal when I signed on for this, so my expectations are inline, which means I'm looking forward to it arriving 8 months to a year from the down payment. If after a year I don't see the gear in my rack, I will expect a refund, and you've lost a potential long term client. I think a year from a crowd funding event is more than enough time to deliver. I wish you well, I'm really looking forward to the compressor!
Old 5th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by engmix View Post
I don't think Josh needs defenders, he's a big boy so to speak, and can probably handle a little kick in the nuts from his clientele if they're unhappy. I've been in business for myself for over 20 years as a freelance engineer. From time to time you have to deal with delays, drama, and life that gets in the way of one's business. No one likes unhappy clients, but if you're in business for yourself and you're selling a service, be prepared to have your arss handed to you if you're not holding up to your end of the bargain.

I would suggest to Josh, just tell people it takes 8 months to 1 year from downpayment to delivery per order. Then you're at the very least being honest, and this gives you time to make this business model you're doing work with more integrity behind it. I heard of this tattoo artist out in LA that has a 3 - 4 year waiting list! If the end result is slamming, whether it's tattoos or compressors, people will wait for it. But one thing people hate is, being told one thing and then to experience another. You may lose a few clients who don't want to wait a long time for their gear, but the fact is you're going to lose them anyway if you keep failing to deliver as promised, so yo might as well be upfront about it, give yourself the time you need to build what most say is quality gear, and continue to grow with less stress of people bellyaching about massive delays.

I'm on your list waiting for a S4000 Mk2, I knew the deal when I signed on for this, so my expectations are inline, which means I'm looking forward to it arriving 8 months to a year from the down payment. If after a year I don't see the gear in my rack, I will expect a refund, and you've lost a potential long term client. I think a year from a crowd funding event is more than enough time to deliver. I wish you well, I'm really looking forward to the compressor!
I'm not sure what the business model is these days, but since Stam's thing works similar to crowdfunding, there should be a goal meter of some sort. It doesn't have to show money amounts, just a 0-100% meter on the web site that shows how far along a particular piece of hardware is funded.

Because if you tell people that the piece won't be delivered for a year then they may not pre-order. If people are doing a group buy then there is some incentive to buy in (the early order discounts being one of them).
Old 5th February 2019
Lives for gear

Why the [email protected]#$k doesnt he make a batch of 1-200 of each of his products and stop treating his customers like a bank.

I hand you my money and I want my product. End of story.

The name is Tucker not Sucker.

Stam Audio has some nice products no doubt but I wouldnt wait up to 12 months from taking my hard earned to it being in my studio.
There are a few new boutique audio companies springing up with better business model.

Locomotive audio, Cranborne Audio, etc etc. just to name a few.

Cheers
Old 7th February 2019
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack View Post
Why the [email protected]#$k doesnt he make a batch of 1-200 of each of his products and stop treating his customers like a bank.

I hand you my money and I want my product. End of story.

The name is Tucker not Sucker.

Stam Audio has some nice products no doubt but I wouldnt wait up to 12 months from taking my hard earned to it being in my studio.
There are a few new boutique audio companies springing up with better business model.

Locomotive audio, Cranborne Audio, etc etc. just to name a few.

Cheers
That is exactly what I do, the problem is that we get thousand of orders on each model.

I don't treat my customers like a bank, they take advantage of getting the best replicas at the best price if reserving, nobody is forced to reserved and everybody who cancels is refunded.

You might find this business model annoying but A LOT of people have been able to afford what otherwise would be impossible at this type of quality.

It is a very strange phenomenon that a brand can offer the best and most expensive transformers in the world at this price point and this business models allows for that.

Yes, waiting sucks, I don't like it either but this is what we can offer for now.

PD: No need to swear
Old 8th February 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
That is exactly what I do, the problem is that we get thousand of orders on each model.

I don't treat my customers like a bank, they take advantage of getting the best replicas at the best price if reserving, nobody is forced to reserved and everybody who cancels is refunded.

You might find this business model annoying but A LOT of people have been able to afford what otherwise would be impossible at this type of quality.

It is a very strange phenomenon that a brand can offer the best and most expensive transformers in the world at this price point and this business models allows for that.

Yes, waiting sucks, I don't like it either but this is what we can offer for now.

PD: No need to swear
I find it interesting when you can quickly refund when asked for it, but you almost never answer when asked on an update or anything else of that matter, and yes before you say anything, I'm talking from experience, I pre-ordered 4 times and had to ask for money every single time,. And yes I think 4-6 month is long enough to get an update.

I just don't understand how you can keep releasing new things that you can't deliver, you have preorders on all your current products, shouldn't you focus on delivering those first rather than you being in this "new product alert"? Or you just love being here huh?

Got to change your business model man,
WE DON'T WANT NEW PRODUCTS, DELIVER CURRENT PRODUCTS.
Old 8th February 2019
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckmule View Post
I find it interesting when you can quickly refund when asked for it, but you almost never answer when asked on an update or anything else of that matter, and yes before you say anything, I'm talking from experience, I pre-ordered 4 times and had to ask for money every single time,. And yes I think 4-6 month is long enough to get an update.

I just don't understand how you can keep releasing new things that you can't deliver, you have preorders on all your current products, shouldn't you focus on delivering those first rather than you being in this "new product alert"? Or you just love being here huh?

Got to change your business model man,
WE DON'T WANT NEW PRODUCTS, DELIVER CURRENT PRODUCTS.
A few thousand people would disagree with you

I will not change it, it is working for us , we are growing and getting more and more clients and waiting times are constantly being reduced but thanks for the advice.

99% of clients get monthly updates from me. That was the case before but things have been changing

Thanks for the input
Old 10th February 2019
Gear Head

I'm with beckmule and nickknack (and a few others who said exactly what i'm about to get off my chest) and I'm sure many would agree with me.

How about waiting for your shipments of prior products to come in from China, slap the transformers in them and ship them out to your customers before posting all of these new products? Crawl before you walk.

If the truth REALLY is: "the dude is overwhelmed. There are a **** ton of orders. Thousands. It’s a small operation that’s expanding."

OK, fine! That's completely understandable...but in what world would a business owner think it a good idea to release even MORE new products when previous "new" products haven't even begun to ship yet? Refund requests in the 100's or more?

It does NOT add up.

I know it sounds harsh and I respect literally anybody who attempts to get into the analog hardware game. It is not an easy market to please nor survive in...

This is more of a PSA for any of the poor folks who may not be aware of what they're getting into.

The current model (specifically the "new" units that no one has yet) is really nothing more than a crowdfunding situation (as mentioned by others) for products that in my eyes, pehaps don't even physically exist yet aside from a graphic / render of the "finished product".

1) Receive mass monies from preorders
2) Place massive order from manufacturer in China with said monies
3) receive mass order from China and install xformers (etc) in Chile
4) ship units to customers
Where in this chain of events are things going awry?? I'd assume it partly has something to do with the chinese company Stam is using to build all of their products, but who knows? Most of the information we do get is very veiled and vague. Even contradictory at times.

One would assume you have ample capital to sort these things out. Or perhaps this is the reason for all of the "new product" announcements / preorders? I'm genuinely confounded.

My best friend (literally, we live together, work at the same place and have known each other going on 10+ years) has been waiting on a refund for over 6 months. Not a word heard back after several e-mails. This is a FACTUAL statement.
No customer should have to beg for a refund. You see the e-mail, you immediately refund the person. Simple.

I see these Stam threads here and on FB and it's the same old story time after time....

All these negative posts are starting to make me feel like Stam is the "Fyre Festival" of recording equipment.....

Sorry not sorry guys, I'm just calling it how I see it....!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search