The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Warm Audio WA-251 coming Feb 2019? Condenser Microphones
Old 30th December 2018
Gear Maniac

Warm Audio WA-251 coming Feb 2019?

Saw this in the Jan 2019 issue of SoS a few days ago. Gearslutz, do your thing. Let the speculation begin!
Attached Thumbnails
Warm Audio WA-251 coming Feb 2019?-img_1086.jpg  
Old 30th December 2018
Gear Head

Interesting! I'd be keen to know how this stacks up against the Golden Age Premier GA-251. From the limited samples out there of the GA-251 against an original 251 it sounded pretty damn good. Quite the price difference between this Warm Audio 251 and the Golden Age Premier 251 though...
Old 31st December 2018
Gear Nut

I will get this mic as soon as it is available.The WA47 is an amazing mic.I had the pleasure to work with original u47 in the past and imo the warm delivers this classic vintage vibe.The new warm251 for sure will be a great clone too.

As for other clones..I don't need tweed cases and stuff.For the price difference to the ga251 I can get a sm-7b and a royer r10.And then stop my current GAS for mics.
Old 31st December 2018
Lives for gear

Looks like a nice set:

Warm Audio WA-251 Tube Condenser Microphone – Big Bear Sound Ltd

I really like the WA47, a different flavor with the same quality is more than welcome. Keep it going WA!
Old 31st December 2018
Gear Nut

Looks like the same capsule like in the WA14;

Anyway..for sure this mic will be the "other side" of the u47 style of vintage sounds..'cant wait..
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search