The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New Stam Audio C800G Style Mic???
Old 30th November 2018
Gear Nut
New Stam Audio C800G Style Mic???

Saw this on My Facebook feed today.
Old 2nd December 2018
Company Rep
I should clarify before this goes any further that we have not announced a Sony C800G replica.

This is a black version of the SA-47 body.

We have other priorities right now and not a lot of time on our hands.

Thanks for sharing this
Old 3rd December 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
I should clarify before this goes any further that we have not announced a Sony C800G replica.

Thanks for sharing this
thank you for confirming. I thought this one's your take on a 800G because of the headgrille and the color of the mic body.
Old 8th January 2019
Lives for gear

it's official
Stam Audio
Old 8th January 2019
Gear Nut
Just as I thought.
Old 11th January 2019
Lives for gear

That price is pretty hard to swallow. With modeling mics like the Slate VMS and Townsend Sphere, any microphone over say $600 is a hard sell these days.

I know the real deal costs around $9,000+ but still...records aren't exactly selling like they used to in 2019!
Old 11th January 2019
Lives for gear

the price seems legit to me, as long as the mic sounds the part and delivers. the AA C800T is about the same $
Old 11th January 2019
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
That price is pretty hard to swallow. With modeling mics like the Slate VMS and Townsend Sphere, any microphone over say $600 is a hard sell these days.

I know the real deal costs around $9,000+ but still...records aren't exactly selling like they used to in 2019!
Modelling mics sound nothing like a good clone, much less a real one

The differences are substantial and there are many reasons why ...
Old 11th January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:

Thanks for sharing this
Old 11th January 2019
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafs View Post
Check the date of the original post, we had not announced a Sony replica and this picture is not the same as the SA800 mic.

Old 12th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fxs View Post
the price seems legit to me, as long as the mic sounds the part and delivers. the AA C800T is about the same $
The AA CM800T is $795! Stam's is $1290 pre-sale price...
Old 12th January 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Rezz View Post
I am starting to feel bad, because i ordered the cm800t recently, and the sa-800 looks awesome, and seems to be top quality, i need to go back to AA website to compare the components...
Old 12th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Modelling mics sound nothing like a good clone, much less a real one

The differences are substantial and there are many reasons why ...
I look forward to the shootouts.
Old 12th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
the AA is 975€ for european customers like myself. the Stam is 1190€ if ordered now.
Old 12th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I look forward to the shootouts.
one has to be careful not to fall into those shootouts. yes, sometimes they can be helpful, but mics are mainly meant for recording music, not to listen to them in shootouts.
Old 12th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
the AA is 975€ for european customers like myself. the Stam is 1190€ if ordered now.
Why is the case, taxes? The conversion is roughly 700Euro for the AA and you buy direct from them?
Old 12th January 2019
Lives for gear

not sure, could be taxes like you said. CM800T
Old 12th January 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
one has to be careful not to fall into those shootouts. yes, sometimes they can be helpful, but mics are mainly meant for recording music, not to listen to them in shootouts.
I don't understand, when you record to a mic you record a file and you listen to it so you know how it sounds no ?
Old 12th January 2019
Lives for gear

oh my.... yes, you are correct. recordings of single snare shots and solo vocals is going to give you a basic idea of a microphones sound. but once you have said mic in your room, maybe even on your own voice, stacking multiple recordings ... only THEN you know whats up. i have made decisions based on shoot outs which i have deeply regretted.
Old 13th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
oh my.... yes, you are correct. recordings of single snare shots and solo vocals is going to give you a basic idea of a microphones sound. but once you have said mic in your room, maybe even on your own voice, stacking multiple recordings ... only THEN you know whats up. i have made decisions based on shoot outs which i have deeply regretted.
Good point! Stacking is the true test.
Old 13th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleJo View Post
I am starting to feel bad, because i ordered the cm800t recently, and the sa-800 looks awesome, and seems to be top quality, i need to go back to AA website to compare the components...
The AA CM800T is an exceptionally good mic and replica of the Sony 800G, and the price point is incredible! I have one as well! I'm sure the Stam one will sound great too..they both use the K67 capsules.. But back to the Stam SA-800

Last edited by H-Rezz; 13th January 2019 at 06:31 AM..
Old 13th January 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
The AA CM800T is an exceptionally good mic and replica of the Sony 800G, and the price point is incredible! I have one as well! I'm sure the Stam one will sound great too..they both use the K76 capsules.. But back to the Stam SA-800

You mean k67 ? You right about that but they are not the same, it's hand made in america, i think the cm800t has a chinese capsule . Oh you have one ? Nice ! You should create a thread / review ( if you want ofc) for people who would like to hear more about it mate. Because there is not that much about this mic on this gearslutz... Even for me i would be glad. Yeah back to the new bro, the sa-800 ! ( sorry for the off topic).
Old 13th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
You mean k67 ? You right about that but they are not the same, it's hand made in america, i think the cm800t has a chinese capsule . Oh you have one ? Nice ! You should create a thread / review ( if you want ofc) for people who would like to hear more about it mate. Because there is not that much about this mic on this gearslutz... Even for me i would be glad. Yeah back to the new bro, the sa-800 ! ( sorry for the off topic).
Yes, sorry I meant K67
Old 13th January 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
I agree, you still need to hear it, my bad, i think i misunderstood your statement.
Old 13th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Good point! Stacking is the true test.

Quote:
I agree, you still need to hear it, my bad, i think i misunderstood your statement.
thanks. glad i could clear that up.
Old 14th January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Check the date of the original post, we had not announced a Sony replica and this picture is not the same as the SA800 mic.

Old 15th January 2019
Preordered with my coupon for the wait on one of my other pieces.

50% off 1290 for a c800g clone? Uh yes please

Now to wait till 2020 for it to ship
Old 15th January 2019
Lives for gear

I want to order one but my lease is up in June I knowit won’t be here by then... darn I’d love one
Old 15th January 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakao View Post
The first batch gets shipped early 2023 .. or thereabout.

Hello, what are you talking about ?
Old 15th January 2019
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakao View Post
The first batch gets shipped early 2023 .. or thereabout.

It's 2046, but close enough
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search