The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New Stam Audio C800G Style Mic???
Old 14th December 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
Check the date of the original post, we had not announced a Sony replica and this picture is not the same as the SA800 mic.

I know it's an old thread but I happened to notice that the picture is the exact picture of your future (at the time) SA800 mic and nothing like a black body SA47 which doesn't seem to exist, thus making your statements not truthful.

I don't know why you had to lie. Just being mum about it would be enough. Just saying, we all saw you lie to our faces on an internet forum...
Old 16th December 2019
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1Greg View Post
I know it's an old thread but I happened to notice that the picture is the exact picture of your future (at the time) SA800 mic and nothing like a black body SA47 which doesn't seem to exist, thus making your statements not truthful.

I don't know why you had to lie. Just being mum about it would be enough. Just saying, we all saw you lie to our faces on an internet forum...
Before insulting somebody and calling them a liar you should check the picture properly

My entire statement is true. It was a black SA47 (or SA57, a special custom SA47). We had not announced an the SA-800 at the time and they have completely different head baskets. The later being a custom made drawing to match the look of the original.

You came here to post a lie to instigate. Basically trolling.

I hope you can find something better to do you with your time.
Old 16th December 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Before insulting somebody and calling them a liar you should check the picture properly

My entire statement is true. It was a black SA47 (or SA57, a special custom SA47). We had not announced an the SA-800 at the time and they have completely different head baskets. The later being a custom made drawing to match the look of the original.

You came here to post a lie to instigate. Basically trolling.

I hope you can find something better to do you with your time.
Original picture of alleged SA-800:

Actual SA-800:

SA-47:

Do I need to overlay them in photoshop? What are we arguing about here?
Old 16th December 2019
Company Rep
Check the logo on the head-basket in the non SA-800 mic.

And... most importantly. Inside that black mic was a SA47 PCB and a K47 capsule with a custom transformer. I still have the files of that day's shootout.

Why would I not say "Yes, that is a Sony replica I am working on, more info soon". Why would I be interested in lying about something so irrelevant ?
Old 29th December 2019
Lives for gear

Does early adopters first batch will be shipping soon?
Old 30th December 2019
Company Rep
We begin sending them out either this Friday or next Monday
We are burning them right now!
Josh
Old 31st December 2019
Lives for gear

Thanks, this is great news.
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Head

I'm also one of the original 100 preorders and I can't wait to receive mine as I spoke with Josh a week ago and was told It should expect shipping within 2 weeks as of Thursday. I was also curious originally why there was a switch from the Heiserman k67 to the Tim Cambpell K67 to the Braingasm K67 but after doing some extensive reading on the 3 I have found A LOT of praise for the braingasm capsules. Needless to say, I'm very excited to finally receive the SA-800 and if I like it as much as I anticipate I will, I'll be pre-ordering a 251 next.
Old 28th January 2020
Lives for gear

I finally got a tracking number and my mic will ship out on Wednesday! Not sure how long it takes from Chile to
the US. Guess we will see when it comes in! Anyone else getting theirs soon?
Old 28th January 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARSKI View Post
I finally got a tracking number and my mic will ship out on Wednesday! Not sure how long it takes from Chile to
the US. Guess we will see when it comes in! Anyone else getting theirs soon?
Woah! These are shipping already? Congrats! report back when you get yours ... I just got my stamchild this weekend... Stam is on fire these days
Old 29th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker3 View Post
Woah! These are shipping already? Congrats! report back when you get yours ... I just got my stamchild this weekend... Stam is on fire these days
Already? They have been pushed back several times.... but yes they are shipping haha
Old 1st February 2020
Here for the gear
Hopefully some user feedback soon ...

I've been putting together a fairly high end home studio based primarily on Gearslutz opinions and reviews.

For vocals I purchased a Neve 1073SPX, Tube-Tech CL1B, (2) Rupert Neve Portico II Channels, Universal Audio 1176LN & AudioScape LA2A Clone.

The one item I've hesitated buying is the Sony C800G. I did purchase a Manley Ref C.

I haven't used anything yet - just gathering dust at this point, but hopefully not for long.

Nonetheless I keep thinking about the Sony C800G. Last year B&H carried the C800G for $8,900 brand new, no tax. Now in 2020 B&H no longer carries the mic and other retailers are asking the typical $9,900 + tax so it is more dire than before.

The STAM SA-800 has seemed very promising for a long time and it will be great to finally get user feedback.

Perhaps I'll be adding it to my collection of dust gathering equipment LOL.
Old 1st February 2020
Lives for gear

Mine will be here Wednesday !
Old 4th February 2020
Lives for gear

Stam came today! Didn’t get a chance to demo yet though! Excited to take a listen though, maybe tomorrow.
Old 4th February 2020
Lives for gear

Everything’s looking good so far. Mic feels very heavy and quality. Power supply was set at 230V instead of 115v even though I’m in the states. So if you get one you should make sure you’re set at the right voltage for your country. A bit disappointed the shock mount is silver for a black mic. I’ll be replacing that with something that looks better. Any suggestions for good black shockmounts?
Attached Thumbnails
New Stam Audio C800G Style Mic???-8392f520-69a6-4b67-a729-e508f3ef603e.jpg  
Old 4th February 2020
Lives for gear

looks beautiful!
check out rycote, they actually have a black/red shock mout that should be a perfect fit for the SA-800G
https://rycote.com/microphone-windsh...vision-studio/
Old 4th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fxs View Post
looks beautiful!
check out rycote, they actually have a black/red shock mout that should be a perfect fit for the SA-800G
https://rycote.com/microphone-windsh...vision-studio/
Thanks looks like that’s the one they’re using for the golden age premier ga800-g!
Old 5th February 2020
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by STARSKI View Post
Everything’s looking good so far. Mic feels very heavy and quality. Power supply was set at 230V instead of 115v even though I’m in the states. So if you get one you should make sure you’re set at the right voltage for your country. A bit disappointed the shock mount is silver for a black mic. I’ll be replacing that with something that looks better. Any suggestions for good black shockmounts?
Thanks for the pictures!
We always send all units at 230V for obvious reasons regardless of the destination.
You can't damage it when set at 230V

Good point about the schock mount, maybe on a next batch I can request it in black

Enjoy it!!!
Old 5th February 2020
Lives for gear

Ok didn’t know about it being safer in 230V. I’ll be testing it out today!

Quote:
Thanks for the pictures!
We always send all units at 230V for obvious reasons regardless of the destination.
You can't damage it when set at 230V

Good point about the schock mount, maybe on a next batch I can request it in black

Enjoy it!!!
Old 6th February 2020
Lives for gear

Tracking with it right now! So far sounding really good haven’t got a chance to A/B with the Sony yet though.
Attached Thumbnails
New Stam Audio C800G Style Mic???-ffad628c-68f8-4b71-b25d-654b2a169855.jpg   New Stam Audio C800G Style Mic???-c693be2f-4de4-4c03-989c-a5368e2f85ba.jpg  
Old 19th February 2020
Here for the gear

So I did a Parr test. You are welcome to try mixing it yourself!
did 3 comparisons once
Neumann U87ai
CM800T
Stam sa800G
please post the finished Mix & Master here thank you!
have fun testing!
https://we.tl/t-Xeap3xMhpa
Old 23rd February 2020
Company Rep
Reviews are amazing so far!!

Anybody else has theirs and want's to share their opinion?
Old 23rd February 2020
Lives for gear

what reviews?
Old 23rd February 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
what reviews?
Stam Audio SA-800
Old 23rd February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker3 View Post
thanks for the link.
can't take these reviews really serious though,
both of them joined feb 2020, 1st post.
sorry
Old 23rd February 2020
Company Rep
Quote:
thanks for the link.
can't take these reviews really serious though,
both of them joined feb 2020, 1st post.
sorry
First review is by Jay Goodman who has been on this forum for many years.
He had to create a new account as he had trouble login in into his for some reason

You can take them seriously
Old 23rd February 2020
Gear Maniac

I'm sure they joined to post reviews ... they seem fine to me. Either way, I have one on order, I will post reviews when I get it.

Ive got SA87, SA47fet, SA-EQP1 x2, Stamchild, SA-1073EQ and they all rule, so I have no doubt this mic will too
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

and we have another first poster review, hurray!

Last edited by the fxs; 4 weeks ago at 12:02 PM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:

got my tracking number today woooo! ill post some pics and thoughts once I use it. I dont really record pristine modern pop hip hop or country though.
Old 4 weeks ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Apparently you didn't read my explanation about Jay. You are free to contact our old forum member.

Or maybe you did and you just want to be negative and sarcastic as always

I really don't appreciate what you are implying here but suit yourself.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search