Probably the best eq out there??
Look forward to try it...

MAAT thEQorange
Old 29th November 2018
Lives for gear

Only $760? Bargain, I'll have two!
Old 29th November 2018
Lives for gear

Yes it is that expensive, but who knows perhaps their claim is real to be the best sounding eq...
Was the developing of the codes a mad expensive nightmare to re-work from scratch the old tech from Peq Orange?
Maybe someone knows more about?
Old 29th November 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
Right? Only half the price of the original!

Seriously though, that pricing model strikes me as rather stupid. There will be a couple of big mastering houses that will snag one, but they probably won't sell much more than like a couple hundred licenses over the next year or two at that price. If they priced it around $200, they could probably push thousands.
Old 29th November 2018
Lives for gear

This sounds ‘Crazy’ but who knows?
Very curious....

Last edited by Diogo C; 27th February 2019 at 02:40 PM.. Reason: Please avoid the direct political references. Thanks.
Old 30th November 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Zaccaria View Post
Was the developing of the codes a mad expensive nightmare to re-work from scratch the old tech from Peq Orange?
I don't have any inside knowledge, but I'm pretty sure they were able to recycle all of the original code and just add some new features/GUI. I don't see any potential reason why they could not. But even if the development costs were enormous, that should have no bearing on the price. Price should be determined such that it maximizes their profits, which I don't think it will at this price point.
Old 30th November 2018
Lives for gear

The game has changed and they refuse to realize it. F*CK MAAT!!!
Old 30th November 2018
kdm
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Zaccaria View Post
Yes it is that expensive, but who knows perhaps their claim is real to be the best sounding eq...
Out of respect for MAAT, I would test their EQ.

I can only offer my personal experience with testing the original Algorithmix Red and Orange EQs several years ago, which with the Red (if I recall which correctly), I could configure to cancel 100% with another far less expensive linear phase EQ. Needless to say, I didn't purchase either.

Perhaps MAAT has come up with a novel advancement that offers something of value over other linear phase EQs. I would certainly give them a chance to prove the claims and the price point.
Old 30th November 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Lucky you, for me it's 814€ (including VAT)
Old 30th November 2018
Lives for gear

Pre-purchase a $760 digital EQ plugin. With CodeMeter license. In 2018. Right.
Old 30th November 2018
Lives for gear

I'd like to know how this stacks up against DMG EQuilibrium.
Old 30th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by javahut View Post
Pre-purchase a $760 digital EQ plugin. With CodeMeter license. In 2018. Right.

Never gonna happen over here for sure.

Old 30th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Buy quickly.. the pre–Order Price: $760, afterwards it's $990 List
Old 30th November 2018
Lives for gear

Would love to know what kind of drugs this devs use...
Old 30th November 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI View Post
Would love to know what kind of drugs this devs use...
Really expensive addictive ones.
Old 30th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroni View Post
I'd like to know how this stacks up against DMG EQuilibrium.
Or Barratt Equavescent, or the upcoming MIA Labs, and maybe also Magpha EQ (which I haven't tested yet).
Old 30th November 2018
Lives for gear

For this price, one can buy just about every other EQ plugin in existence and tackle just about every possible sonic problem in the universe of sound.
I can't imaging a problem, in the mix, or mastering situation that cannot be handled supremely well with DMG, NOVA, FABFILTER, ACON AUDIO etc, etc.
This is not to say that this EQ is some super expensive garbage...my point is that this amount of money can be invested with a lot more wisdom by skipping this one over.
Old 30th November 2018
Gear Addict

That choice of copy protection is gonna put a fairly hard limit on the overall size of the market for this plugin.
Old 30th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumi View Post
Or Barratt Equavescent
He still working on that?
Old 30th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Or Barratt Equavescent, or the upcoming MIA Labs, and maybe also Magpha EQ (which I haven't tested yet).
What upcoming EQ do you speak of from MIA?? I only know of mk2 of pi/phi.
Old 30th November 2018
Gear Nut
Very strange company indeed.
Sorry MAAT, but 990$ for a plugin? That claims to have no pre-ringing? Let's stay serious. LOL

I'm rather waiting for a softube EQ1 MKII to come.
Old 30th November 2018
What a nonsense, they can´t trick physics and laws of nature (numbers)! And they know that, hence they write:

"...that eliminates audible pre–echo and post–echo to the highest degree"

This is NOT without pre-echo, it´s just not that noticeable, but I bet $1000 that if you boost +10dB ~400Hz on a highly transient sound like sharp drum sounds, you WILL hear pre-echo. And if I want to avoid that by the highest degree, I simply use a solid, non-FFT based linear phase implementation like in MeldaProductions Linear Phase EQs at the highest quality setting. And I bet again that this one here will not be better than Meldas top stuff, as this also avoid pre-echo as good as possible, but well, as good as POSSIBLE, it is not NOT there, this is impossible and is snake oil if they say different. But let´s demo it once it´s out. Though anyone who´s sane won´t order it for THAT price in 2018
Old 30th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
He still working on that?
I sure hope so! If perfectionism hasn't swallowed him completely.
It's one of the very best EQs I know, ITB or not.
Old 30th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4nger View Post
What upcoming EQ do you speak of from MIA?? I only know of mk2 of pi/phi.
I asked them for a multi-band EQ that has all their color EQs integrated, with variable Q and all. They wrote back that they are working on that. I asked to be a beta tester. Haven't received the beta yet, though.
Their small EQs are really good, but a bit too restricted.
Old 30th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by XARC Mastering View Post
... but I bet $1000 that ...
Wow, for that amount of money, I could buy myself one software EQ! And even have 10 bucks left!
Old 30th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I asked them for a multi-band EQ that has all their color EQs integrated, with variable Q and all. They wrote back that they are working on that. I asked to be a beta tester. Haven't received the beta yet, though.
Their small EQs are really good, but a bit too restricted.
Awesome, they didn't tell me about that. Though I know there is a new version of Blue coming with some extra features.

I beta test for them! The new versions or Pi/Phi and the Musiqual series are all now 10x more precise with .1 settings for each control. They're far more useable. Like you, I found them too restrictive to use properly so I sent them a few impassioned emails and they got me on to beta and other assistance, and put my suggestions into action. And now they are truly powerful tone shapers.

Pretty much the only analogue style EQs I mix with now with Acustica stuff on busses for that extra flair. I absolutely love them to bits.
Old 2nd December 2018
Gear Head

Great, can't wait. Finally 64 bit orange Algo EQ. This beautiful Eq deserves a reup. 10 years later, there is still nothing that can compete.
Old 2nd December 2018
Gear Head

Blue and Red next please.
Old 2nd December 2018
There is more than enough that can compete and surpass nowadays, we don´t live in 2009 anymore.
Old 2nd December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdm View Post
Out of respect for MAAT, I would test their EQ.

I can only offer my personal experience with testing the original Algorithmix Red and Orange EQs several years ago, which with the Red (if I recall which correctly), I could configure to cancel 100% with another far less expensive linear phase EQ. Needless to say, I didn't purchase either.

Perhaps MAAT has come up with a novel advancement that offers something of value over other linear phase EQs. I would certainly give them a chance to prove the claims and the price point.
Maybe the advancement they developed boils down to charging a sh1tload for a plugin..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search