This is the one I'm waiting for:

https://www.maat.digital/theqred/
Old 24th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
This is the one I'm waiting for:

https://www.maat.digital/theqred/
What's the difference between the original Orange, Blue and Red from Algorithmix?
Old 24th September 2019
Motown legend

64 bit, VST3 and AAX support, Mac version, M/S settings per band, spectrum graph, band monitoring, resizable interface. The old one is 32 bit vst2 windows only.
Old 25th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
64 bit, VST3 and AAX support, Mac version, M/S settings per band, spectrum graph, band monitoring, resizable interface. The old one is 32 bit vst2 windows only.
Sorry, I mean between them, not between the originals and the maat re-release.
Old 25th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
What's the difference between the original Orange, Blue and Red from Algorithmix?
Red and Orange were both linear phase designs but while Orange sounded like a very nice but typical digital one, Red always sounded like an analogue EQ to me. Something about the phase (possibly 'intermediate phase' rather than a true LP design, giving it some benefits of both linear phase and analogue phase goodness) makes it very smooth and musical with no issues with preringing, and an ability to make equalized material sound like it has always been that way.

Blue was a collection of classic curves from analogue hardware boxes in a minimum phase design.
Old 25th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Red and Orange were both linear phase designs but while Orange sounded like a very nice but typical digital one, Red always sounded like an analogue EQ to me. Something about the phase (possibly 'intermediate phase' rather than a true LP design, giving it some benefits of both linear phase and analogue phase goodness) makes it very smooth and musical with no issues with preringing, and an ability to make equalized material sound like it has always been that way.

Blue was a collection of classic curves from analogue hardware boxes in a minimum phase design.
Thanks, Robo. That looks interesting.
Old 25th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
Thanks, Robo. That looks interesting.
My pleasure.
Old 25th September 2019
Motown legend

I suspect part of the reason they sound so good is that they use 80-bit float processing.
Old 25th September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
I suspect part of the reason they sound so good is that they use 80-bit float processing.
The website says "80 bit double precision". Double precision is 64 bit, not 80. I suspect more marketing nonsense from MAAT.

Alistair
Old 25th September 2019
Motown legend

I don't know about the MAAT site which has had problems but the original spec was 80-bit float with no mention of double.
Old 26th September 2019
Gear Nut
As I remember, PSP MasterQ 2 offers 80 bit float extended precision
Old 26th September 2019
Motown legend

Indeed and it sounds really great.
Old 12th October 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by studioton View Post
This sale brings prices down to more reasonable levels. Still not sure about theqorange compared to MDW and equilibrium ...
Old 12th October 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundgeezer View Post
This sale brings prices down to more reasonable levels. Still not sure about theqorange compared to MDW and equilibrium ...
I just try SantaCruzEQ . Wow dude, this is a very serious equalizer .. compare to fab Q3 and equilibrium (own both) .. it confuses me, i can't say which one is better in a certain situation .SantaCruzEQ sounds so good .

I can imagine what it might sound like thEQorange . I am thinking to buy cmstick dongle just to try(before buy) , I have a good feeling about this
Old 16th October 2019
Lives for gear
I downloaded files from the maat website, with an unprocessed version of a song and one processed with theqorange.
I copied the settings from the video and tried the same settings on mdw.

Obviously I had to manually adjust the q-factor, but I got them sounding very close.

Both mdw and theqorange retain the transient pretty well and sound highly transparent.

In the end I can work just fine with my beloved mdw, on the other hand theqorange offers more possibilities like m/s and better and bigger display, which would make things much easier ...

From what I heard so far these two seem to be my favorite sounding eqs
Old 18th October 2019
Gear Head

Encouraged by the Steinberg discount, I'm trying to get a demo on the Orange. So as mentioned on their site, I've sent them a mail yesterday morning to request a demo, waiting for their reply.
Regarding the CMStick (dongle): I have like 4-5 CM-Sticks here (mostly Magix stuff) so I was expecting to be more than covered. Thing is I've just discovered they require SN starting with 3xx, whereas all my sticks are 1xxx or 2xxx. I'm tempted to pass...
Old 19th October 2019
Lives for gear
Ilok is standard by now, I really don't understand why they did not go this route as people don't want to use too many dongles and this especially holds people back from even demoing their products.
Old 22nd October 2019
Here for the gear

Bought a dongle so I can demo. Hopefully gets to me in time before the promo runs out...
Old 23rd October 2019
Gear Maniac
Has anybody else bothered with the example files, and trying to match them with e.g. Equilibrium? I did, with linear phase mode and highest quality FIR settings, and the results were, as expected, difficult to interpret. Phase-inverting the Equilibrium file and summing them lead to a null of only about -38dBFS, even after tweaking Equilbrium's Q and gain settings to more closely match, which is not much of a null at all. The sum sounds relatively normal, it was not (audibly) artifact-laced.

Subjectively (after loudness matching with VUMT in RMS/K-12 mode), the two files sound quite similar, but the Equilibrium files sounded more "pushed back" or "softer," or "less upfront"; the Orange files sound like they have both more bass and more "detail."

I will not even begin to try to theorize about the nature of these differences, or whether they are accurate or not. I'm happy to share my Equilibrium-processed files if anybody else is curious and doesn't have the time to try it themselves – although it would be much more interesting to see what results someone else might arrive at on their own, with their own Equilibrium settings.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Be careful, my case is what I bought Blue Eq an Orange but still after almost a month I have not received Dongle.
I am disappointed with this company, although their plugins look good
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Looks like Red is not too far away. Fall 2019.

https://www.maat.digital
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Looks like Red is not too far away. Fall 2019.

https://www.maat.digital
My gut tells me they'll release Red shortly after this ongoing Steinberg-affiliated sale, which ends November 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LielArts View Post
Be careful, my case is what I bought Blue Eq an Orange but still after almost a month I have not received Dongle.
I am disappointed with this company, although their plugins look good
I have been toying with the idea of trying out one or both of the currently available colors, but this story about the dongle not arriving in a reasonable amount of time is troublesome. I'd love to see an update from someone at MAAT about this. Have you emailed MAAT's support about this, have you heard anything from them about the delay? Please let us know if and when they get in touch with you about this.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhysmix View Post
My gut tells me they'll release Red shortly after this ongoing Steinberg-affiliated sale, which ends November 11.

I have been toying with the idea of trying out one or both of the currently available colors, but this story about the dongle not arriving in a reasonable amount of time is troublesome. I'd love to see an update from someone at MAAT about this. Have you emailed MAAT's support about this, have you heard anything from them about the delay? Please let us know if and when they get in touch with you about this.
I wrote them at least 8 letters about the package
Since my first package was stuck somewhere, today they sent a second, which is not known when will come..........
I think this company lives on a completely different planet
They did not even offer me any compensation for the fact that through their fault I should wait so long
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhysmix View Post
They were out of dongles for a little while. Maybe because of the sale? They did get a new batch more than a week ago and mine arrived a few days later. I received updates through mail.

By the way, the key + a bit more help from support made my DrMeter mk2 work again!

Last edited by 01010110; 4 weeks ago at 07:17 AM..
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgod View Post
Bought a dongle so I can demo. Hopefully gets to me in time before the promo runs out...
Got it - gotta give these a test run
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgod View Post
Got it - gotta give these a test run
Looking forward to hearing another impression of these!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Really no first hand experience ? If some of you guys made the jump I'd love to read some objective comparisons between TheOrange and DMG Equilibrium.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequenza View Post
Really no first hand experience ? If some of you guys made the jump I'd love to read some objective comparisons between TheOrange and DMG Equilibrium.
I ordered one of their dongles for kicks… it’s been like three weeks, and my last shipping update was over ten days ago; it’s been stuck in customs for most of this time.

I’ll be posting about it when I get the dongle, but I’m not expecting It to arrive any time soon.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Update: I spoke too soon, I just checked and the tracking and the dongle is finally through customs. It shouldn't take USPS more than the usual 3-4 days to get it to me now.

Will post comparisons as soon as I can. If anybody is curious and wants to send me files to process with it for comparison's sake, I'll be happy to do so.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search