The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MAAT thEQorange
Old 19th June 2020
Here for the gear

Hey OMas,

What about us, Sonic users, your former clientele? Any chance to get 32 bit versions? soundBlade is not dead yet
Old 20th June 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssp3 View Post
Hey OMas,

What about us, Sonic users, your former clientele? Any chance to get 32 bit versions? soundBlade is not dead yet

Hey ssp3,

I feel you but, no hope. Sorry.

Lord knows I tried, but sB was simply not reliable hosting plug–ins. For some DAWs, we have been able to patch “interesting” behaviors; the rather unique and frankly stupid way Wavelab does out–of–realtime rendering is an example we just dealt with this week, at least for VST 3.

For sB though, it was not something we could patch back when we had 32 bit AU builds. Once Catalina arrived, we were forced to wave bye bye to 32 bit for good.

P.S. - Nice username BTW
Old 22nd June 2020
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by omasciarotte View Post
Hey ssp3,

P.S. - Nice username BTW
ssp3 nice username? What does it mean?
Student Sex Party vol3?
Solid State Power? Or what?
Old 22nd June 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereo Flux View Post
ssp3 nice username? What does it mean?
Student Sex Party vol3?
Solid State Power? Or what?
Oh, since ssp3 was asking about soundBlade, I guessed it’s an allusion to the third generation of Sonic Sound Processor, the 68k–based NuBus hardware that propelled Sonic Solutions, for a time, into the top position as the high rez production, restoration and CD prep DAW manufacturer.
Old 22nd June 2020
Gear Addict
Ok, get it) interesting info, thanks
Old 23rd June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereo Flux View Post
Student Sex Party vol3?
Old 23rd June 2020
Here for the gear

Thanks OMas for the insight! I wasn't expecting any other answer, to be honest..
And, yes, guys, it is an allusion to that specific system, which I still have and occasionally use, btw.
Old 8th July 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarra View Post
I recently demoed Orange and oh my ....I was like this EQ is special. The way it just transparently cleaned things out but left the impact/transients intact. For the same song I was mastering I had another EQ plugin on to clean up some areas and what I did with Orange with 2 bands took 4 bands of EQ with the other plugin.

Great EQ...now please put on a sale for Orange again...I missed the intro sale...LOL.
I agree it can really do some special things with mastering. Almost a betterizer eq. I like it better then red for mastering. Red is great too but orange is the only eq I wouldn't want to be without for mastering. As we speak I am mastering a song and i knotched out a bunch of bands removing the cloud and resonance while leaving the transients and overall feel of the song there. Most eqs change the overall tone of the song especially with as many notches i am doing. It just really cleaned it up with perfection. If you do mastering buy this now!!!
Old 16th August 2020
Gear Addict

Coupon
25-PERCENT_OFF_EVERYTHING_AT_MAAT

Works for subscription too
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear