The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
SKnote announce MainEQ - A modern dynamic EQ with inter-band and inter-track action.
Old 12th August 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by biksonije View Post
Hey Notheorem,

no it was not directed to you personally. I'm sorry if you're finding yourself offended or called upon. If that's the case I apologize and can only say it was spoken of in general.

I believe we're all really anxious finally being able to try it out and see/hear that tool in action.

Looking forward to it's release and testing it!

Krešo
Its alright and I'm sorry I didn't mean to sound offended I was more so just trying my best to disagree without sounding negative or argumentative. Honestly, I am more excited to try this out than almost anything else this year. This doesn't exactly do anything new but it puts it all in one easy to use package.

I have been looking for a dynamic EQ that focuses on an almost completely graphic/parametric interface that also does upwards/downwards compression/expansion for years and unfortunately until now it just hasn't existed. I used to use AE600 but it is buggy in VST formats on PC. The dropdown menus don't allow you to select other options and sometimes you will have to try doze s if times just to switch a filter type. Mcdsp doesn't seem to be interested in fixing it and has always just said they are focusing on fixing this behavior in upcoming releases. Plus the idea of having separate dynamic and static bands is inconvenient most of the time. Then nova is great but it involves a lot of controls and a less graphical interface. The sonnox dynamic EQ is close but too heavy on cpu. I basically have been after something that looks like EQuick but has the dynamic behavior I mentioned above and as you can see this is basically exactly that. Which is why I have been so anxious to get my hands on it. Pro-MB is close but of course the bands don't get narrow enough and it still is somewhat control heavy and has the multi-band style interface. Anyway, yeah I'm excited to try this one out.
Old 12th August 2019
Lives for gear

Don't forget we are the first ones wanting things out to the real world! :D
Old 12th August 2019
Lives for gear

MainEQ introduces some extremely simple and powerful features I've always wanted in an EQ, mainly while fine tuning a track or a master.

Modifier keys (Shift and Alt) change the way the change on a single filter or on a Poly is interpreted by the interface.

This quick video shows some of them:

- Moving the base gain and frequency of a single dynamic filter, while keeping its destination gain untouched.
- (Alt key) Moving the filter while keeping the range untouched (same change on base gain and destination gain).
- Poly: moving it s a whole (destinations untouched).
- (Shift key) Poly: moving it relatively to gain sign (boost or cut).
- (Shift+Alt keys) Poly: also keeping ranges untouched (destination moves with base gain).

Looks simple, changes everything.

Note that MainEQ contains a "Global Wet/Dry" slider (in the small filter's window). Is scales the overall action of the filters (their action, NOT a wet/dry mix) for a perfect scaling of the overall effect (no parallels, no wet/dry, no phases involved).

Also note that this is completely different from the Poly scaling example here, as this move changes the settings while the Wet/Dry slider affects their action on the processing.

Last edited by quintosardo; 12th August 2019 at 06:15 PM..
Old 13th August 2019
Lives for gear

AutoGain!

I don't know how many of us really realised how useful automatic level matching is while fine tuning an EQ.

MainEQ can keep input and output levels matched automatically. Level matching makes comparison of settings effective. Check this quick example:

After a few boosts to show how they affect the output level, we engage AutoGain and have MainEQ taking care of output level while adding both boosts and cuts.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

MainEQ beta is ready! We just sent an email out to testers, please write to quintosardo at yahoo dot it if you missed it
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Beta out
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

someone said R200 would be out this summer. yeah, right.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

A first version of the manual is online:

https://www.sknoteaudio.com/wp/index...-instructions/

Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

We just scratch the surface of MainEQ in a quick mastering example. Just a single dynamic filter is used to get some air, together with some Tilt filter. (SDC and the upcoming MasterLimiter start from there).

Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Big update online, beta almost over.

MainEQ is coming quite nice.

Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

AAX (Win and Mac) ready online. Looks like we are almost ready to go, finally.

Can't wait to work on presets and tutorials.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

lets hope you finally find time for R200 after you release this EQ.

don't make no promises, though. you never keep them.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Answer to a frequent question: all formats are now aligned, VST/AU/AAX.
No bug reports so far.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
Answer to a frequent question: all formats are now aligned, VST/AU/AAX.
No bug reports so far.
Estimate about price and time of official release, i.e. when can I buy it and for how much?
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

...you can buy it now. I payed half of the pre-buy price (29.99$).
Old 3 days ago
Gear Guru

Right, done, bought blind. Looking forward to diving in.....
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Be careful, it is deeeeep
Old 3 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
Be careful, it is deeeeep
I bet. YOU made it. About to download and fire it up in a minute, to see how I get on with the overall sonics. Have a good gut feeling about this one.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Guru

Wow. This thing has a very cool and natural overall tone!! Seemed to be the case on those first videos ages ago and turns out is in fact the case. I can't believe I just bought this for not much more than 20 quid, and all the mad interactive things it can do that I have wanted for years.

Thank you Q! Awesome work! Bring on educational vids to fully grasp this thing!!

One bug report to start: when clicking in the main space (I was trying to make/activate a new band before I saw the ones sitting there, ready to go) it crashes Logic instantly. Done it three times in a row. Old Logic 10.3 on El Cap.

But wow, this thing and me are going to have a deep relationship soon!
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

Is this sort of minimal phase (aka analog phase) design.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Wow. This thing has a very cool and natural overall tone!! Seemed to be the case on those first videos ages ago and turns out is in fact the case. I can't believe I just bought this for not much more than 20 quid, and all the mad interactive things it can do that I have wanted for years.

Thank you Q! Awesome work! Bring on educational vids to fully grasp this thing!!

One bug report to start: when clicking in the main space (I was trying to make/activate a new band before I saw the ones sitting there, ready to go) it crashes Logic instantly. Done it three times in a row. Old Logic 10.3 on El Cap.

No grainy “quality” in 44.1kHz like some other recent analog modeling eqs (sprips, preamps,...)?
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post

Wow, thanks for reporting! FIXED, please download it again!
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkstate View Post
Is this sort of minimal phase (aka analog phase) design.
It is modeled following our rule that it should be realisable as an analog device. No FFT, no FIR, no artificial intelligence, nothing of this. No grains.
Old 3 days ago
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search