The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
SKnote announce MainEQ - A modern dynamic EQ with inter-band and inter-track action.
Old 29th June 2019
Gear Guru

Tutorial? Where is it? I would like to get my hands on it.....
Old 23rd July 2019
Lives for gear

Please write to quintosardo at yahoo dot it if you want to beta-test
Old 23rd July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Tutorial? Where is it? I would like to get my hands on it.....
I forgot to quote, see above
Old 23rd July 2019
Lives for gear

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
Please write to quintosardo at yahoo dot it if you want to beta-test
Email sent!
Old 23rd July 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
I forgot to quote, see above
Need another tester?
Old 23rd July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notheorem729 View Post
Need another tester?
Sure, please send an email for beta testing!
Old 23rd July 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Sure, please send an email for beta testing!
I emailed the address but it said the address wasn't found
Old 23rd July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I emailed the address but it said the address wasn't found
quintosardo at yahoo dot it?
Old 23rd July 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
quintosardo at yahoo dot it?
I guess I'm not sure what "dot it" is. I initially sent the email to .com but then I read closer and just figured it was an old domain extension but it still didn't work when I emailed it that way. I'll PM you.
Old 23rd July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I guess I'm not sure what "dot it" is. I initially sent the email to .com but then I read closer and just figured it was an old domain extension but it still didn't work when I emailed it that way. I'll PM you.
.it
Old 23rd July 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
.it
Oh, that also didn't work when I tried it. I'll try again I must have missed something.
Old 24th July 2019
Lives for gear

Really looking forward to this. Hope the Beta’s going well?
Old 7th August 2019
Lives for gear

Now, this is another crazy feature coming with MainEQ: Polys.

They are simply groups of filters that can be moved as one. Imagine designing an arbitrary shape and then moving it around on the spectrum. Examples? An arbitrary resonance shelf, an octaves filter, a flat boost, a flat boost with a dip in the center (great for transparency) and so on.

Everything still dynamic, cross-band, cross-channel, Mid/Side. With a true autogain.

Old 7th August 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Now, this is another crazy feature coming with MainEQ: Polys.

They are simply groups of filters that can be moved as one. Imagine designing an arbitrary shape and then moving it around on the spectrum. Examples? An arbitrary resonance shelf, an octaves filter, a flat boost, a flat boost with a dip in the center (great for transparency) and so on.

Everything still dynamic, cross-band, cross-channel, Mid/Side. With a true autogain.

Can't wait to try it out
Old 8th August 2019
Lives for gear

Awesome! Is release near?
Old 8th August 2019
Lives for gear

Last checks to newest features (Polys and Utilities), then beta. Fingers crossed. Early Sept I guess.
Old 10th August 2019
Gear Nut

meanwhile pedalboard and r200 completely forgotten and abandoned...
Old 10th August 2019
Lives for gear

Pedalboard is there and R200 is waiting. But this is about this one which is longer due
Old 10th August 2019
Gear Nut

waiting for what ?? you're the only dev who takes a year, year and a half, two years, to get a plugin from beta to final, which is, needless to say, a very long time. very slow. I was very excited about R200 first, but the whole thing gets really frustrating.

you would not share any news either, what are you doing with it? tube amp section ? eq section ? reverb? what ??
Old 10th August 2019
Lives for gear

Sounds fair!
Old 10th August 2019
Lives for gear

This is a quick video showing MainEQ's "Polys", groups of filters that can easily be moved as one. Quickly design complex shapes and move them on the audio spectrum.

(Thanks Ron Marinelli for the project. Many more examples coming on this one).
Old 10th August 2019
Lives for gear

This video showcases a quick "flat filter" build using "Polys", groups of filters that can be moved as one. Single filters still retain their properties (static/dynamic, Mid/Side, etc.) so here we build a dynamic flat filter, put it in place and also use the "Preset Slots" feature to quickly compare a few versions.

Old 10th August 2019
Lives for gear

This video shows how MainEQ lets us quickly setup a couple of filters for inter-band control. In this example an higher frequency range (vocals) duck a low frequency range (bass) to dynamically add clarity.

Old 10th August 2019
Gear Guru

Very promising.
Old 10th August 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
This video shows how MainEQ lets us quickly setup a couple of filters for inter-band control. In this example an higher frequency range (vocals) duck a low frequency range (bass) to dynamically add clarity.

Going to be ready for beta soon?
Old 10th August 2019
Lives for gear

Yes, I think this is ready for beta.
Old 10th August 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Yes, I think this is ready for beta.
Awesome, I've been very anxiously waiting to finally try it out.
Old 11th August 2019
Lives for gear

I don't know why such a rush here? If Mr. Sardo and sKnote takes 'forever' to make some tools it's on them. Maybe coding and Plugin development is a side gig. I really don't know. I have a few selected tools they released and they are good. Really good. I love them.

I mean, I read some anxious posts. Is it really so important that this EQ takes that long to release? Someone is lacking EQ and can't work? I don't think so!

Anyway, as soon as Mr. Sardo pushes this beta out and send e-mail or whatever and offers to beta test it I will find time to make it so. No problem. I think that most of posters here on GS are hobbyists so why such a rush and anxiety then? I won't get a penny if Mr. Sardo sends me a link to download his new EQ so I could test it in my environment on my machine and in my type of use.

Be patient if you can. If not go pick latest LKJB release which is free. I didn't test it yet but I liked a lot Liftikus. And it's free! Both of them are free! ;-)

Bye you Slutz!

Krešo
Old 11th August 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by biksonije View Post
I don't know why such a rush here? If Mr. Sardo and sKnote takes 'forever' to make some tools it's on them. Maybe coding and Plugin development is a side gig. I really don't know. I have a few selected tools they released and they are good. Really good. I love them.

I mean, I read some anxious posts. Is it really so important that this EQ takes that long to release? Someone is lacking EQ and can't work? I don't think so!

Anyway, as soon as Mr. Sardo pushes this beta out and send e-mail or whatever and offers to beta test it I will find time to make it so. No problem. I think that most of posters here on GS are hobbyists so why such a rush and anxiety then? I won't get a penny if Mr. Sardo sends me a link to download his new EQ so I could test it in my environment on my machine and in my type of use.

Be patient if you can. If not go pick latest LKJB release which is free. I didn't test it yet but I liked a lot Liftikus. And it's free! Both of them are free! ;-)

Bye you Slutz!

Krešo
Not sure if you were referring to me. I agree that people have no right to be rude to the developer over a product they haven't even purchased yet and I personally view these threads as keeping us updated on what is to come rather than an exact release date. However, you can't fault someone for being excited regardless of whether or not they are a hobbyist so long as they treat the developer with respect. These "coming soon" threads exist for the sole purpose of getting people excited about upcoming releases so to say people should ignore them and stick to other tools is contrary to the developers reasoning for making these threads.

The new plugin from LKJB is also in no way a replacement for this. That is a linear phase equalizer. This is a dynamic equalizer. They are not at all interchangeable.

At the end of the day this is a thread intended to get people excited/anxious for the release and there simply is no other tool that is actually the same as this so getting excited about a tool that could potentially be a game changer for people is 100% reasonable so long as people are respectful. I have waited for a tool just like this for years (literally) but I was still respectful and shared my excitement. If this crosses a line then the entire new products and coming soon threads will have be removed since that would contradict their entire existence.
Old 11th August 2019
Lives for gear

Hey Notheorem,

no it was not directed to you personally. I'm sorry if you're finding yourself offended or called upon. If that's the case I apologize and can only say it was spoken of in general.

I believe we're all really anxious finally being able to try it out and see/hear that tool in action.

Looking forward to it's release and testing it!

Krešo
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search