The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Fabfilter ProQ3
Old 28th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_d View Post
ironic.. i talked to their "rep" at AES last month and asked if they were ever going to do a dynamic EQ.. the guy didn't even know what dynamic EQ was... he actually had never heard of it.. not sure where they got this guy, but hopefully they won't be using him to represent the company anymore.
That or he's an NDA jedi
Old 28th November 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by matucha View Post
Oh, having dynamic EQ in ProQ will streamline my process quite a bit. The important bit is going to be how the time constants react, as there is huge difference between ProMB and TDR Nova. Nova can bring things in focus and tighten at the same time, ProMB is a fluffy, blury thing in comparison. Different architectures of course, but I hope ProQ3 is going to be more like nova in this regard than ProMB. Either way very useful addition.
Yep, it's true that Nova is more punchy thant ProMB...
I would never speak about ProMB as blurry (in fact, it's so transparent that sometimes you don't even know if it's doing anything), but it's true there is a big difference between the 2 plugins and quite often Nova fits better for a task...
I was thinking it was because of my little experience of this plugin (and the counter-intuitive % stuff of the attack and release), but maybe I'm not the only one to feel it...
ok, maybe the fact I paid for it could explain I'm more complaisant...
Old 28th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend View Post
They’re mainly into effects these days. I don’t think their synths are even competitive with heavyweights such as U-he and NI.
Not any more they aren't.. but people keep forgetting how old they are. The FabFilter One synth was literally their first ever plugin and the filter on that thing was pretty damn awesome considering when it was released. Heck I still love that little thing.

Twin followed not too far behind Volcano and Timeless (the original version).

.. and don't underestimate the ridiculous synthesis power of FF Twin 2. Try doing this in any other basic 3 oscillator analogue modelling synth: FF Twin2 piano

Granted, I'm using every single modulation slot available in Twin 2.. it's available as a part of the factory presets if anybody wants to study it.

Last edited by bmanic; 28th November 2018 at 08:05 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 29th November 2018
Here for the gear
Just got Q2 and Waves F6 Dynamic on the Black Friday Sale. F6 is cool but there's something weird with mouse sensitivity while moving a band and the mouse scroll doens't affect the Q-Factor but the Gain. I'm really glad FabFilter made their Q-Series almost COMPLETE by implementing these updates with Q3.
Old 29th November 2018
Gear Maniac

I’m most excited about the feature that allows you to see the frequencies of the other tracks with pro q on it side by side. Should help me clean my mixes
Old 29th November 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post

.. and don't underestimate the ridiculous synthesis power of FF Twin 2. Try doing this in any other basic 3 oscillator analogue modelling synth: FF Twin2 piano

Granted, I'm using every single modulation slot available in Twin 2.. it's available as a part of the factory presets if anybody wants to study it.
I would use that.
Old 29th November 2018
Lives for gear

It is out!
Amazing features, instant upgrade.

Old 29th November 2018
Gear Addict

In case anyone who is still not a FabFilter customer and wants to buy Pro-Q3 with a 10% discount send me a PM.
Old 29th November 2018
Lives for gear

IT’S OOOOOOOUUUUUUUT!!!!
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search