The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sonimus announces Satson Channel Strip Dynamics Plugins
Old 23rd November 2018
  #1
News Desk Editor
 
The Press Desk's Avatar
 

Sonimus announces Satson Channel Strip


Sonimus announces Satson Channel Strip

Satson Channel Strip is a powerful virtual rack which allows you to use up to eight Satson Series modules in one plugin. This is a great option for processing individual mix elements and sub-groups, as well as producing end-to-end mixes. These modules can be re-arranged via drag and drop, giving you control of the signal path in an intuitive way.

Modules:

Each module has been carefully modeled using our Audio Quality Control Process. Sonimus Quality means we only release a product when it's virtually indistinguishable from high-end analog gear.

Preamp module: Allows for proper gain staging and gives color to the sound simlar to an analog console preamp. By raising the input level, you can produce more aggressive saturation for creative effects. Features: Vintage and Modern Crosstalk, VU meter, FAT and Normal saturations, smooth low and high cuts, and trim/gain control.

EQ module: Four bands of musical tone-shaping and HP/LP Filters. Provides by two fully parametric bands and two shelving bands (with switch options for semi-parametric) allowing it to be used either musically or surgically.
Compressor module: Inspired by a classic bus compressor, also provides complementary parameters which provides, mix modern esthetics such as side-chain, high pass filter and Mix knob for parallel compression inside the same module. This module differs from the original equipment since it is also well-suited for mono tracks in addition to the stereo mix bus.

Highlights
  • The best option for processing individual mix elements and sub-groups, as well as producing end to end mixes.
  • Allows for complex compression and EQ chains inside the same plugin.
  • Up to 16x oversampling.
  • Mono and Stereo operation.
  • Optimized for low CPU usage.
  • GUI scaling (80% up 150%).
  • Zero latency by default (except for oversampling
Satson Channel Strip pre-order:

Today you can pre-order Satson Channel Strip for the unbeatable price of $59. Satson Channel Strip will be released in the middle of December. If you buy the product today, you will receive it on the release date.

When Satson Channel Strip is released, it will have a special introductory price for the first 48 hours only but this introductory price will be higher than the $59 deal being offered today.

Pre-order ends November 23th, 2018 at 24 PST.

For more information: Satson CS Channel Strip plugin
Attached Thumbnails
Sonimus announces Satson Channel Strip-addmodule1.jpg   Sonimus announces Satson Channel Strip-fullandoptions.jpg   Sonimus announces Satson Channel Strip-gainsolo.jpg   Sonimus announces Satson Channel Strip-gui-1-.jpg  
1
Share
Old 23rd November 2018
  #2
Lives for gear
 

Sonimus Channel Strip

Just got this in my newsletter. It can be ordered today. But no demo - probably in the future.

EDIT: Moderator sorry my bad this is pre-order. It should be in coming soon subforum but i can't delete thread anymore.

Sorry. Please move this to Coming soon forum. I honestly apologize i was excited and did not realized it's not available yet.

Satson CS Channel Strip plugin

wow



Few question to Sonimus or beta testers

Do i need StonEQ if i order Channel strip? OR Satson? Are these same modules as already existing products (stson and stoneq) just in strip (in which case that is cool).

I am looking at bus compressor. They say it can be tuned to work on individual channels as a channel compressor (that's my impression) - but how? It seems to me like a usual Bus compressor.

So close to order it..shame there's no demo that i could at least try on my system.

I own TuCo, and Burnley and Britson - all three amazing products. I hope this should set me done when looking for SSL from sonimus..
2
Share
Old 23rd November 2018
  #3
Oversampling is in! Great, hope in final release it would allow to apply oversampling only for render and had a zero latency unit in real time.
1
Share
Old 23rd November 2018
  #4
Gear Head
 
Illusionaire's Avatar
I am not a beta tester but I think I can answer two of your questions.

It seems the bus compressor is very similar to the channel compressor in the SSL. The first advantage is it has an auto release, which I guess was an expensive feature to have in all tracks in analog form.
The second difference is that instead of being 100% feed-forward like the channel strip, the bus comp is 25% feed-back and 75% feed-forward, making it slightly smoother. So I guess we might miss 25% of the punch of the classic channel comp. Unless of course they have programmed it to be 100% feedforward on mono sources, but I doubt that. It seems too much trouble for not much difference in the end.
I think what they did is model the bus compressor which is more complex and expensive, programmed it to work in mono as well, and extended the attack and release settings to accommodate both channel and bus applications.

As for Sonimus covering you as an SSL: I have worked on an SSL 4000E for a couple of years and since I have been looking for a vst emulation to love. I have Satson and StonEQ 4K and I love them as much as Burnley, Britson and TuCo (which I also have). I actually have templates with 48 tracks running with Burnley and britson, and identical templates with Satson and StonEQ 4K so I have a virtual Neve and an SSL ready depending on the project.
Considering how well they were all designed, I am certain the new strip will be exactly what is promised.

My only concerns are these: Will there be differences sound-wise between the old Satson and StonEQ 4K and the new ones in the strip? I fill quite stupid to purchase them again for the compressor and the new interface. It would be nice to know that each version has its own character, but I doubt it. The only consolation for old users like me, is that the preorder price is reasonable enough that it feels like purchasing the compressor itself which is a totally new product. And we get the bonus of the strip platform, to accommodate the older plugins.

Well, these are all my speculations. It would be nice to hear from the developers themselves.
Speaking for myself, I trust their previous releases so much that I think I am going to risk getting this one too without demoing it first.
1
Share
Old 23rd November 2018
  #5
Gear Head
 
Illusionaire's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvgenyStudio View Post
Oversampling is in! Great, hope in final release it would allow to apply oversampling only for render and had a zero latency unit in real time.
Agreed!
Old 23rd November 2018
  #6
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusionaire View Post

My only concerns are these: Will there be differences sound-wise between the old Satson and StonEQ 4K and the new ones in the strip? I fill quite stupid to purchase them again for the compressor and the new interface. It would be nice to know that each version has its own character, but I doubt it.
This i want to know as well.

I am in a different boat. I did not bought satson yet. Stoneq was great in trial version but i was distracted by other projects i never ordered StoneEQ 4k.

Now BF is here and i see their new channel strip. Therefore asking what is different. I think i will preorder it anyway.

As you said yourself this is actually top notch most humble company i know of. They have like super powerful (i mean amazing sounding) plugins yet noone speak about them. They deliver top quality each time. Hopefully same will be with this release.
1
Share
Old 23rd November 2018
  #7
Lives for gear
 

I've been beta testing it. It's a very nice plugin, the saturation I believe is the same as Satson. It has crosstalk built in, can be turned off. It can be used with the Satson Buss but doesn't need to be, it is it's own thing.

You don't need StonEQ or Satson to use it. It is the satson saturation and VU (pretty sure it's exactly the same saturation algo, correct me if I'm wrong tho) and the eq is indeed the StonEQ.

It's very light cpu which is nice. The oversampling is nice to have but not always better, I hope it comes with an oversample on render in the final version.

Sure the devs will answer much better but hope that helps answer a few questions.
1
Share
Old 23rd November 2018
  #8
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklo View Post
I've been beta testing it. It's a very nice plugin, the saturation I believe is the same as Satson. It has crosstalk built in, can be turned off. It can be used with the Satson Buss but doesn't need to be, it is it's own thing.

You don't need StonEQ or Satson to use it. It is the satson saturation and VU (pretty sure it's exactly the same saturation algo, correct me if I'm wrong tho) and the eq is indeed the StonEQ.

It's very light cpu which is nice. The oversampling is nice to have but not always better, I hope it comes with an oversample on render in the final version.

Sure the devs will answer much better but hope that helps answer a few questions.

Don't run yet

Thanks for your answers.

Please tell us how's Bus compressor. Did you compared it to IK or something else does it hold well?
Old 23rd November 2018
  #9
Lives for gear
Oversampling on Satson and, in a less drastic way I suppose, StonEQ might turn them into quite interesting beasts.

I'm a sucker for SSLish buss-compression so it's quite tempting to buy blindly (given the dev's standards).

Considering the modular nature of that plugin, I can't help wishing for an additional gate/expander section. Often overlooked yet crucial as a creative device if you ask me.

Gosh I hate those kinds of ultra time-limited, FOMO-inducing offers though.
1
Share
Old 23rd November 2018
  #10
Lives for gear
Ps: Trackcomp's SSL 4K is the one to beat IMO. @ Eklo , would you happen to have both by any chance?
Old 23rd November 2018
  #11
Gear Head
 
Illusionaire's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nil hartman View Post
I'm a sucker for SSLish buss-compression so it's quite tempting to buy blindly (given the dev's standards).

Considering the modular nature of that plugin, I can't help wishing for an additional gate/expander section. Often overlooked yet crucial as a creative device if you ask me.
Well said! The gate/expander on the original was a great tool. Half of the punch on my snare and toms was because of it, not just the compressor.

Also there is a small detail: The Satson Bus module seems to be missing from the bunch. So in order to have the full SSL experience, you'd have to get that, so you have to buy the Satson channel twice for no reason. Yet it mght not be a deal-breaker, considering its price.

Oh well, I just pre-ordered. Considering the amazing quality of the other ones, this should be good!
1
Share
Old 23rd November 2018
  #12
Lives for gear
Yeah, I got hooked on the gate/expander when I bought my Duende DSP a decade ago... and have been using whatever software emulates it nicely ever since. Using it subtly... or not! on everything, it's amazing how you can emphasize textures and make everything clearer / more focused with it. Really liking the one in Brainworx's SSL 4k G strip. TrackGate's too.

I don't mind "re-buying" Satson and StonEQ (already own them) if the buss-comp sounds ace. I'm already damn well covered when it comes to SSL flavor (Brainworx, Cytomic, DMG, Sonimus...) but am always looking for the smoothest workflow. Nicely designed channel strips have always been damn appealing to me.

I could stick with bx_console_SSL 4k G (sounds lush) but the EQ freq's offsets often drive me nuts. Still can't understand why they've decided to model these quirks which make no sense in the digital world (but wouldn't bother me at all with hardware... I guess it's all about the UX).
Old 23rd November 2018
  #13
Gear Nut
 
RitchieBorg's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nil hartman View Post
Yeah, I got hooked on the gate/expander when I bought my Duende DSP a decade ago... and have been using whatever software emulates it nicely ever since. Using it subtly... or not! on everything, it's amazing how you can emphasize textures and make everything clearer / more focused with it. Really liking the one in Brainworx's SSL 4k G strip. TrackGate's too.

I don't mind "re-buying" Satson and StonEQ (already own them) if the buss-comp sounds ace. I'm already damn well covered when it comes to SSL flavor (Brainworx, Cytomic, DMG, Sonimus...) but am always looking for the smoothest workflow. Nicely designed channel strips have always been damn appealing to me.

I could stick with bx_console_SSL 4k G (sounds lush) but the EQ freq's offsets often drive me nuts. Still can't understand why they've decided to model these quirks which make no sense in the digital world (but wouldn't bother me at all with hardware... I guess it's all about the UX).
Agree about the BX, the offset drives me nuts and now I only use channel 1 and 2 becuase I’ve learned where the offset is on those!

Shouldn’t even look at another SSL emu after buying bx for 299... but here I am a true slut!
1
Share
Old 23rd November 2018
  #14
I tested this as well, I think the bus comp alone is worth the price.
2
Share
Old 23rd November 2018
  #15
Lives for gear
Pre-ordered. Damn I'm weak...
@ db9d9 : feel like telling us more?
2
Share
Old 23rd November 2018
  #16
There's some interesting interaction going on between the modules. Putting the strip on a track with the three modules active but zeroed out does really nice things to the soundstage. The selectable crosstalk is really useful also. Definitely
1
Share
Old 23rd November 2018
  #17
Gear Nut
 
Rapollo's Avatar
Pretty damn excited about this. The GUI's are looking.... lovely... which is usually my only possible critique with Sonimus plugs not that it makes a huge difference to me but - will we see GUI updates for Satson and StonEQ looking at these?

Looks great, surprised about the plugin over-lap since most already own the Console and EQ but for that price... who cares I guess XP
1
Share
Old 23rd November 2018
  #18
Lives for gear
 

Strange, I have 5 Sonimus products and I expected to be discounted (30% of 59%=41$). but I didn't... is it intentional (ie. is 59$ a fixed opening price) ?
1
Share
Old 23rd November 2018
  #19
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Tan View Post
Strange, I have 5 Sonimus products and I expected to be discounted (30% of 59%=41$). but I didn't... is it intentional (ie. is 59$ a fixed opening price) ?
This is preorder price. Intro pricing so to speak.

Though i am not sure why do you expect discount at all? It does not matter how many products you have - they said in newsletter that discount is order based (i.e. how many items you buy) and you actually won't see discount at checkout. They will refund you part of money. It's all in newsletter.

I read it several times now because i clearly messed up by posting this thread under new product alert while it should be in coming soon subforum.
1
Share
Old 23rd November 2018
  #20
Gear Nut
 

Love Sonimus plugin ... TuCo is awesome ... but preorder a plugin that I don´t know how sounds ...
Old 23rd November 2018
  #21
Gear Head
 
Illusionaire's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by db9d9 View Post
I tested this as well, I think the bus comp alone is worth the price.
That's what I wanted to hear!

About the compressor: Are the attack, release & ratio knobs stepped or continuous? Thanks!
1
Share
Old 23rd November 2018
  #22
Release and ratio are stepped, the others continuous.
1
Share
Old 23rd November 2018
  #23
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nil hartman View Post
Ps: Trackcomp's SSL 4K is the one to beat IMO. @ Eklo , would you happen to have both by any chance?
It sounds very nice to me. I don't have TrackComp but have demoed it a while back so I couldn't give a real comparison.
Old 23rd November 2018
  #24
Lives for gear
wow.

great things are happening.
1
Share
Old 23rd November 2018
  #25
Here for the gear
Preordered
2
Share
Old 23rd November 2018
  #26
Gear Nut
 

To the press desk moderator, you mentioned the company name in the title as Satson, not Sonimus
2
Share
Old 23rd November 2018
  #27
Gear Addict
 
smackmastering's Avatar
Preordered! This was an instant purchase for me. I also picked up Britson.

I have demoed Stoneq4K and loved it, but felt that it needed more. I also have Satson CM and again, love it, but i hate filling my channels up with plugins. This is exactly what i wanted, a PreAmp, EQ, and Compressor all in one.

My only question is the main bus treatment. Satson has a channel and a bus plug. Does this also have a that or is it built in? Do i need to purchase Satson in order to have the bus plug to do a proper emulation?

That's my question?

Hope to hear soon from a tester or someone from Sonimus. If i need to pick up Satson, i'd like to do it now in true gearslutz fashion so i can save a few $$$.

Last edited by smackmastering; 23rd November 2018 at 09:43 PM..
1
Share
Old 23rd November 2018
  #28
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackmastering View Post
Preordered! This was an instant purchase for me. I also picked up Britson.

I have demoed Stoneq4K and loved it, but felt that it needed more. I also have Satson CM and again, love it, but i hate filling my channels up with plugins. This is exactly what i wanted, a PreAmp, EQ, and Compressor all in one.

My only question is the main bus treatment. Satson has a channel and a bus plug. Does this also have a that or is it built in? Do i need to purchase Satson in order to have the bus plug to do a proper emulation?

That's my question?

Hope to hear soon from a tester or someone from Sonimus. If i need to pick up Satson, i'd like to do it now in true gearslutz fashion so i can save a few $$$.
Beta tester here. I would just stick with this for now. This does not have a bus plugin with it like Satson does but you never know what they might add down the line. That's not me hinting at what they may add down the line (I have no idea) but you never know.
3
Share
Old 23rd November 2018
  #29
Gear Addict
 
smackmastering's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbyguitar View Post
Beta tester here. I would just stick with this for now. This does not have a bus plugin with it like Satson does but you never know what they might add down the line. That's not me hinting at what they may add down the line (I have no idea) but you never know.
Perfect!

Cant wait to get this plug next month!
Old 24th November 2018
  #30
Gear Nut
 
Boris Sonimus's Avatar
 

Illusionaire!!
Attack is continous
Release and ratio: stepped


Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusionaire View Post
That's what I wanted to hear!

About the compressor: Are the attack, release & ratio knobs stepped or continuous? Thanks!
1
Share
Topic:
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
BasariStudios / Music Computers
125
George Necola / Music Computers
585
Alxi / Music Computers
1

Forum Jump
Forum Jump