The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Grid Modular MIDI Controllers campaign is now live! [Indiegogo]
Old 16th November 2018
Here for the gear

Hardware Grid Modular MIDI Controllers campaign is now live! [Indiegogo]

Hello everyone,

It's Kristóf here from Intech Studio.

Quote:
Grid is a modular MIDI controller. Each module is fully functional on it’s own, but the fun begins as you interconnect various modules. Up to 16 Grid modules can be used simultaneously without limiting LED brightness. A single USB type-C connection provides power and data for the Grid.
I am happy to share this project with you. After three years, Grid is finally available. We have chosen crowdfunding as we wish to spread awareness about the project and also, we need your support to bring Grid one step closer to reality. We seek funding for tooling costs and setting up assembly lines for the core of the Grid modules.

The first three modules are now available with discounts on bundles.

Specifications
  • Ultra-mobile MIDI controller solution
  • Extendable control surface (Grid magnetic interface)
  • USB Bus powered device (Type-C receptacle)
  • USB 2.0 compliant composite device (HID Midi, CDC Serial, DFU Bootloader)
  • Compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux (No drivers needed)
  • Support for major DAWs and music software
  • Editor for advanced MIDI mapping
  • Stylish sandblasted aluminum front-panel
  • Tactile user interface featuring long life components
  • Full-color RGB LEDs
  • Compact size: 106mm x 106mm x 16mm (4.2” x 4.2” x 0.6”)
  • Lightweight: 200g (7oz)
  • Eurorack compatible (21HP)

Please check out our indiegogo campaign page for detailed info.

Grid modular MIDI controllers Indiegogo Campaign Page

Attached Thumbnails
Grid Modular MIDI Controllers campaign is now live! [Indiegogo]-image.php-fname-pezoz9.jpg   Grid Modular MIDI Controllers campaign is now live! [Indiegogo]-image.php-fname-jep3ud.jpg   Grid Modular MIDI Controllers campaign is now live! [Indiegogo]-image.php-fname-cfhhv9.jpg   Grid Modular MIDI Controllers campaign is now live! [Indiegogo]-image.php-fname-ucwfuo.jpg  
Old 16th November 2018
Gear Addict
Although "USB-C", can it be plugged into a normal USB 2.0 Hub? (Mac Pro user)
Old 16th November 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.staettler View Post
Although "USB-C", can it be plugged into a normal USB 2.0 Hub? (Mac Pro user)
Yes! Definitively, we use the current modules with USB C - USB A 2.0 cable. Even tried them with a very old USB 2.0 hub. Such cable (USB C - USB A 2.0 male) will be provided with Grid modules.

We use USB-C as it is much more versatile than Micro B. It can deliver more power to the Grid modules and have better mechanical specification.

Personally I had midi equipment die on me during a gig. Loose USB connectors, which have poor lifecycle are annoying. I believe USB-C is a great design and will be standard in the near future on music gear, like it became by now on new phones.

- Kristof from Intech Studio
Old 17th November 2018
Lives for gear

No LED rings? So not usable for controlling plugin fx. parameters... Bummer.
Old 17th November 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydfar View Post
No LED rings? So not usable for controlling plugin fx. parameters... Bummer.
The module with 16 potentiometer is not endless, therefore the knob pointer indicates parameter position. Also the actuator LED mode represents the controlled parameters value by brightness. On the other hand, can imagine that LED ring would be cool for encoder module. If that's what the community wants, we will consider what we can do about it.

Encoder module will come once tooling is funded and we can continue development.

Although modules don't have LED rings, in my opinion the modules are totally usable for controlling parameters and fx. That's what I did on a daily basis month before campaign launch.
Old 3rd December 2018
Here for the gear

Showcasing two features in the following videos. Plain and simple 1 minute sessions.

Grid is still available for pre-order through the indiegogo campaign, this is your chance to get core modules at discounted prices!

Old 4th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by intechstudio View Post
The module with 16 potentiometer is not endless, therefore the knob pointer indicates parameter position. Also the actuator LED mode represents the controlled parameters value by brightness. On the other hand, can imagine that LED ring would be cool for encoder module. If that's what the community wants, we will consider what we can do about it.

Encoder module will come once tooling is funded and we can continue development.

Although modules don't have LED rings, in my opinion the modules are totally usable for controlling parameters and fx. That's what I did on a daily basis month before campaign launch.
Not for controlling fx. like EQ, compressor and similar, way too much work! Take look at all the digital mixers and Softube C1, they all have LED rings, for a reason.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search