The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
zenAud.io to release ALK2 live looping DAW for Windows
Old 26th October 2018
Here for the gear

Software zenAud.io to release ALK2 live looping DAW for Windows

Hi Gear Slutz!

Our live looper DAW zenAud.io ALK2 is on its way to the PC platform. Here's a little teaser:

We released ALK2 on the Mac platform earlier this year to much appraise, including a number of awards. For the first time, musicians can control what gets looped, and when -- all within the familiar DAW timeline paradigm. Instead of an error-prone series of pedal presses, ALK2 is empowering the musician to concentrate on their music, and let the software take care of the operational details.

During a gig, ALK2 follows the arrangement you rehearsed, pressing the necessary virtual pedals to arm channels, trigger effects, record and play loops at the right time -- allowing the musician to focus on the performance, rather than on a pedal. Clips are recorded live and looped to create layers of sound, like a traditional looper, but, like in a sequencer, the loops can be drawn, moved, copied, cut and pasted in a musical arrangement.

Our projected release on Windows should be around December/January.

Happy looping,

The zenAud.io Team

Last edited by zenaud.io; 26th October 2018 at 05:29 PM.. Reason: clarity of product in title
Old 2nd November 2018
Here for the gear

Question to the loop pedal lovers out there --

What would it take for you to leave your hardware setup and switch over to a software looping system?

Do you have certain feature requirements you need, or workflow methodology that you're used to? What would you like to see in a 21st century looping product?
Old 10th November 2018
Gear Addict

I just don't like taking my laptop to the club for a gig.
Old 12th November 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
I just don't like taking my laptop to the club for a gig.
An understandable point.

Even if the laptop allowed you to do things your pedal set-up simply couldn't?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search