The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
The Muscarin – new semi-modular synthesizer (Indiegogo)
Old 21st October 2018
Here for the gear

Hardware The Muscarin – new semi-modular synthesizer (Indiegogo)

Fundraising campaign continues to raise money for new semi-modular synthesizer Muscarin

Firstly Muscarin synthesizer is a noise\drone instrument for the synthesis of weird and very weird sounds. But we added total control and a friendly interface.

Knob technology is pleased to introduce its new device.
Muscarin analog synthesizer, based on an additive, subtractive and cross-modulation types of synthesis.
It is made for generating standard sounds and sound effects, as well as for extremely changing their sound while playing, converting it too complex structured noises. It has full manual hands-on controls (switches and knobs), as well as it can be controlled by CV (control voltage).

Early Muscarin synthesizers were made only for sound experiments and could be classified as noise generators, although it always was a powerful instrument, combining additive, subtractive, FM and Cross-modulation synthesis. Later it was decided to fully reconsider the concept of Muscarin, to widen its range of use, adding new functions, without limiting its noise abilities, and making it more universal and flexible. With this purpose, it was designed as 3u eurorack and has a lot of inputs and outputs.

Cross-modulation in action:

Muscarin is able to generate bass, lead, piano, organ, violin sounds. But it’s major difference is cross-modulation, which helps to create complex, multifactorial noises, and noise effects, as well as lo-fi drum and percussion sounds.

Technical specifications:
- Muscarin core - 4x VCO based on square wave, cross-modulation control "Bias", control by CV full range linear or 1v \ oct (4-octave range; 32-500 + Hz)
- LFO is a low-frequency oscillator, has two waveforms square and triangular.
- EG AR envelope generator. Can both receive an external gate signal, synchronize with the LFO, and automatically generate an envelope.
- VCF filter \ saturator 12db\oct has two modes of cutting high or low frequencies.
- VCA \ Gate-5x, voltage controlled amplifiers. They stand one on each generator before the filter and one on the common output. In their heart are the vactrols. That is very much reflected in the sound. Management of both internal and external sources of CV.
-The front panel is made of plexiglass
- You can choose as a desktop version in a wooden case (pine, CNC milling) and as a module for eurorack without a case, the front panel at choice - Plexiglass or Aluminium
The weight of the device is 600 g, height 3u, length 48HP depth 4 cm.
Power supply 12V. 200mA max.

Now we have passed the prototyping and testing stage and added a lot of functional changes.
Our campaign has reached 54% financing.
Fundraising campaign available - Muscarin- semi-modular synthesizer | Indiegogo

Demo tracks on Muscarin synth

Attached Thumbnails
The Muscarin – new semi-modular synthesizer (Indiegogo)-img_20180605_121927-2-.jpg   The Muscarin – new semi-modular synthesizer (Indiegogo)-fb.jpg   The Muscarin – new semi-modular synthesizer (Indiegogo)-euca.jpg  

Last edited by knobtechnology; 21st October 2018 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: add more demo materials
Old 21st October 2018
Here for the gear

This news is posted by the developer.
I'm pleased to answer your questions
Old 1st November 2018
Here for the gear

Last day to get a Muscarin via the Indiegogo campaign;

I've tested the prototype and was blown away by the sonic capabilities.

I’ve personally already ordered two of these, after testing the prototype and before the campaign started, as they are so diverse and can be used for so many things and in some many different ways. But don’t expect a sterile synth which always reacts how you would think it would react; this is what makes it so special when tweaking it has a lot of sweet-spots.

The CV range was also still being tweaked to get it to conform with 1v/OCT, but for me personally, that would be a glorified bonus on top of what this thing can already do, as it sits now; and you can always tune by ear...

You can go from melodic soft sounds to very digital dial-up modem sounds and everything in between, shortwave radio, growls, screams, self-generative soundscapes… And, in the time that I had the device here, I did not once consider running it through my effects, imagine that, haha.

It’s the creation of a passionate Russian designer; he has a degree in aggro-chemistry, but due to the lack of demand in this field, in his country, he has devoted his time to the creation of experimental synthesis machines. A little insider: He actually realized that he wanted to do something with sound and synth creation while performing one of his hobbies: searching and collecting mushrooms, hence the name: Muscarin.
Old 1st November 2018
Old 1st November 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by knobtechnology View Post
This news is posted by the developer.
I'm pleased to answer your questions
Best club in London nowadays? And why has butter become so expensive?
Old 3rd November 2018
Gear Maniac

I didn't want to kill the thread with my stupid answer...
So yeah, cool device, if i only had more money.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search