The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Unfiltered Audio BYOME - Anyone tried yet?
Old 5th October 2018
Gear Addict

Unfiltered Audio BYOME - Anyone tried yet?

Hey Slutz,

I tried (still am trying) Unfiltered Audio's new plugin - BYOME.

It is fantastic. So many possibilities, so many options. I like it very much and I am thinking of getting it when it comes out officialy. So far it's still demo which I am testing. It's a bit like SpecOps and I am pretty sure it holds a lot of Unfiultered Audio logic inside previously released in their other stuff.

It got out yesterday. I was playing with it most of the night but there's still a lot to try and fiddle around. So much opeators and modifiers. Really an endless sonic possibilities! Great job Unfiltered Audio! Hoping to get the right price for this one... Let's wait and see.

Who likes it? Or not? Anyone?

Best to all you Slutz out there...

Krešo
Old 6th October 2018
Gear Maniac

I will definitely be putting my voucher towards BYOME. Another GEM from Unfiltered Audio.
Old 6th October 2018
Gear Addict

Yes, its freaking amazing. Basically all their effects broke down into modules (including modulators, spectrum analyzers) and then a ton more. it sounds incredible. it works realy really well with a touch screen - probably more than any other plug i have. Really nice to connect the modules and generally nicely coded UI.
All in all this is a total win. Love it> Just hope it isnt too expensive. PA have brought out so much amazing stuff of late!!
Old 6th October 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Carlyon View Post
Yes, its freaking amazing. Basically all their effects broke down into modules (including modulators, spectrum analyzers) and then a ton more. it sounds incredible. it works realy really well with a touch screen - probably more than any other plug i have. Really nice to connect the modules and generally nicely coded UI.
All in all this is a total win. Love it> Just hope it isnt too expensive. PA have brought out so much amazing stuff of late!!
i should expand and say - everypart of the distortion plug in is inside this as a separate module. As is every part of the zip compressor! Even the different spectral analisys modes which you can then use as modulators!!! Nothing else like it. Really cool stuff
Old 6th October 2018
Gear Addict

Truly awesome. All the modules sound great and the modulation system means you can build pretty much anything with it. One of those few plugins that only after a few hours I'm left wondering what I did without it before. Already had a couple moments where I wished I had a plugin that did a specific thing and then just made it happen in Byome. Holy crap.

Good example: Input triggered tremolo speed up. Not only could it easily make the concept happen, it was also easy to make it react exactly how I wanted it to.
Old 7th October 2018
Gear Addict

Hey girls & boys,

I just wanted to chime in again on this marvelous tool. Any signal source, no matter how simple and short or long and complex goes so far that this might be simply the best tool of 2018. When we talk design, creative...

Yesterday I took simple snare and out of that snare I made a loop (1 bar in 4 by 4) that was rhytmic and comlex and musical. Little bit of modulation and freq. messing around, creative delaying and then some pitch creative moves and I got so deep that I was up till 4 AM. Hehe...

Damn how exciting this one is! And all those tools within the toll itself! Wow!!!

Unfiltered Audio did not disappoint in this one too!

I think I will demo this as much as I can and hopefully the price won't be hell high. I have my voucher so I'll just wait and see what else might pop up this month. I am all pumped for one completely different tool but somehow it never comes on sale so waiting is the option for me.

Let me get back to Byome for a second here. I don't know is it just me or Byome didn't get any action here on GS. Hmmmmm... Is it maybe because of it's with PA? Don't know.

Meh, who cares. It's a great creative tool.

Best to all Slutz!

Krešo
Old 7th October 2018
Lives for gear

Experimenting with my first BYOME patch using a simple drum sequence as audio input.

Old 7th October 2018
Lives for gear

Double post.
Old 7th October 2018
Lives for gear

The granulator in BYOME is probably the best real time granulator I've come across next to crusherX (which has Midi input for playing the grains and loads wavs). Here is some piano noodling processed by a custom granular/reverb/delay-patch.

Old 7th October 2018
Lives for gear

Double post, something is wrong with GS today.
Old 10th October 2018
Here for the gear

Guys from UA never dissapoint. Spec Ops is my staple creative FX apart with Permut8 and Michael Hetrick's euro reakt blocks is most beautiful things in Reaktor library. In Muffwigler topic he said UA enters next phase of their plugins like Marvel and it's their most complicated thing in terms of code quality.
I just download demo but even without it I think it's instant buy.
Old 12th October 2018
Oop
Gear Addict

Byome sounds amazing!

But, I'm a bit irked about PA's 'Cocaine' model of plugin releases...where they release a 14-day trial without pricing, get people hooked, test out the reaction and then announce the price. I recently grabbed Metric AB which had a similar release structure (overpriced on release). Not sure if this is how PA always functioned. In which case, it would be better if no-one reacted until the price was announced.
Old 16th October 2018
Gear Addict

Hey guys,

Unfiltered Audio's BYOME plugin has just been released at $249. Public Intro price is $179. $99 for heavy hitters.

I received an e-mail few minutes ago... Uh, I've spent so much lately... I'm so conflicted now. I like it a lot but I am going to let it simmer for a while. I even got this $99 heavy option available for me. Uhhhhhh, I don't know. I just don't know. Eventually I'll fold but for the moment I'll just leave it like that.

Anyway, just wanted you to know it's out. And I noticed there's some kind of PA ban over here. Everyone's pi**ed at PA an their policy I believe. Right?

Bye all!

Krešo
Old 16th October 2018
Here for the gear

I got the $99 option then it will let me add the survey $25 voucher and the $25 october voucher but which ever order i add them in it only seems to use one of the two $25 vouchers so $74 is the lowest when it should be $50. Anyone else finding the same?
Old 16th October 2018
Gear Nut

Is there any crossgrade option for owners of every UA plugin (except ZIP)?

Last edited by tim.beneton; 16th October 2018 at 07:10 PM..
Old 16th October 2018
Gear Maniac

every UA plugins

(exept ZIP)

Old 16th October 2018
Lives for gear
i noticed 99$ upgrade options also in my PA account from some select plugins like Fiedler, bx2500 delay and some Undiltered Audio plugins. So it seems you don’t have to be a HH do profit from the 99$ intro price. Less a monthly coupon, it seems this is a more than fair deal considering the vastness of BYOME.
Old 20th October 2018
Here for the gear

BYOME is a modular multi-effects Plug-in which has a UI to support an easy effect compilation or you in researching new effect combination. With BYOME you can jump on the hype of modular without spending all that money for modular modules and fighting than with figuring out what they do when you install them one by one.

See our review:
BYOME (“Build Your Own Modular Effect”) by Unfiltered Audio Review
BYOME ("Build Your Own Modular Effect") by Unfiltered Audio Review | StrongMocha
Old 21st October 2018
Lives for gear

BYOME using a custom patch processing sampled oud (Falcon), combining granular processing with pitched delay, chorus/phaser, reverb FX, tweaking the available Macros on the fly. Video starts dry.

Old 24th October 2018
Lives for gear
I posted this in the other BYOME post if anyone is interested in reading about user experience and NOT pricing or voucher strategy
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeete View Post
Anyways, I thought I’d change the landscape here a bit and actually talk about the actual plug-in....
I had a first opportunity to use it in a project and really spend some time with it. In a word FANTASTIC! The debth or should I say “worlds” that lie behind BYOME are mind blowing. It’s much like a sleek modern version of NI Reaktor but much less daunting. Great minimal scalable GUI that makes exploring the modular world so much fun and inspirational even for those unfamiliar.

Starting from some preset I ended up with something completely different that I liked even better in no time flat. Just great as a motion/movement creator on existing audio or VIs, dose to taste and move on. The quality of effects is absolutely there on PA level, you can tell Unfiltered’s algos have audio processing experience from their previous products in their grand daddy of them all. There are some real holy f$&k moments when all the know how comes to an apex. It depends on your own knowledge of what you are doing with their modular system though, and the more you practise the less these phenomenal results become haphazard accidents.
Also really great is the doseable auto gain compensation to keep any sudden explosions from barely stable experiments from blowing up the whole laboratory

Too busy blowing myself up!!!! to talk about the price anymore...
One of the best sandboxes in ITB. Great job UA/PA
Cheers
Peter
Old 26th October 2018
Lives for gear

Processing a simple electronic drum beat with BYOME using a custom preset which combines plenty of step sequencers, LFOs and a spectral follower to modulate parameters in stutter FX, multi-tap delay and distortion. Video starts dry.

Old 26th October 2018
Lives for gear

Double post.
Old 27th October 2018
Gear Maniac

I hate it when i see Simon's videos because in 99% of cases that means i GOT TO HAVE IT!!! Always great stuff, thanks.

What i find weird is that Byome is not featured on Plugin Alliances homepage (that is, not on "page 1").
Old 27th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by man in the house View Post
I hate it when i see Simon's videos because in 99% of cases that means i GOT TO HAVE IT!!! Always great stuff, thanks.

What i find weird is that Byome is not featured on Plugin Alliances homepage (that is, not on "page 1").
Sorry
It was featured on their main page until yesterday, I guess they swapped it with the HALLOWEEN sale announcement.
Old 27th October 2018
Gear Maniac

ah ok, makes sense
Old 30th October 2018
Lives for gear

Flageolet guitar (sampled -> Alchemy) processed by a fresh BYOME preset which combines two different delay modules, pitch shifting, chorus, reverb, plenty of modulators. Track starts dry and ends wet, some Macro automation on the reverb mix-Macro at the end as well.

Old 1st November 2018
Lives for gear

Processing a glass harp improvisation (recorded today) with BYOME using a custom preset which combines granular synthesis, frequency shifting, tape delay, lowpass filtering, chorus and reverb. Tweaking the installed Macros on the fly. Video starts dry.

Old 1st November 2018
Lives for gear

E-bowed lyre meets BYOME.

Old 4th November 2018
Lives for gear

Processing a pad sound (wavetable/Falcon) with a custom BYOME preset which combines filter sequencing (BP/HP), delay, vibrato and distortion FX. Demo starts dry, some Macro automation in LogicX.

Old 8th December 2018
Gear Addict
Anyone having trouble draging and droping paych cables in Bitwig and/or Studio 1 4? - It works perfectly in Cubase 10 and even in VCV Rack host, but in Bitwig anmd S1 I can drag a cable but I eitehr get a 'random' pointy lighting and patchinhg or cant connect anwhere. Tries VST 2 and 3, Open GL on and off etc, cant think of a reason why Cubase works and Bitwig and S1 don't on the same PC (win 10 64)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search