The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Goodhertz Megaverb
Old 25th September 2018
Gear Addict

Goodhertz Megaverb

Goodhertz, Inc. on Instagram: “Megaverb — coming soon... beta testers wanted! Sign up to test at goodhertz.co/beta-signup, also link in bio #reverb #goodhertz…”

New Reverb from Goodhertz. What do you think about the features?

Inspired by the very first digital reverbs ever made, Megaverb is the *opposite* of hifi, clean, or realistic — it’s got a ton of vibe and 1980's character. Push the Digital Lofi control and you'll hear digital noise, distortion, and bit reduction. Push the Analog Lofi control and you'll hear transistor-style distortion and analog crunch.
The four Verb Modes have different characteristics:
Quick, resonant (ex. Phil Collins - Sussudio)
Weird, nonlinear (ex. David Bowie - Let's Dance)
Smooth, big (ex. Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody)
Even bigger (ex. Aphex Twin - Polynomial C)
Unlike the traditional gated reverb setup, Megaverb's gate automatically adapts to changes in the source material and doesn't have a normal threshold control. The Gate Sensitivity, Attack, & Release can be adjusted in the advanced pane. The Gate can also be triggered by an external sidechain source, and can be applied to the Dry signal too.
Attached Thumbnails
Goodhertz Megaverb-screen-shot-2018-09-25-5.50.16-pm.jpg  
Old 25th September 2018
Lives for gear

Looks interesting, but no modulation... or modulation with no control?
Old 25th September 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyoteous View Post
Looks interesting, but no modulation... or modulation with no control?
Don't know. And can't guess what are they modeling. I think they've modeled an Alesis Reverb on Lossy. This looks like Lossy but inverted.
Hope they do a good price.
Old 2nd October 2018
Deleted e71ab78
I've been using Valhalla Vintage Verb for about 6 years now, love that thing, might be nice to switch it up and get something new.

Hope the cpu/price isn't too high and then I will be interested.
Old 2nd October 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklo View Post
I've been using Valhalla Vintage Verb for about 6 years now, love that thing, might be nice to switch it up and get something new.

Hope the cpu/price isn't too high and then I will be interested.
My guess is that'll be a bit more pricey than Lossy. Lets hope not Vulf or Wow pricey.
But looking at the features I think you can get very different sounds with this Reverb.
Old 2nd October 2018
Deleted e71ab78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pali View Post
My guess is that'll be a bit more pricey than Lossy. Lets hope not Vulf or Wow pricey.
But looking at the features I think you can get very different sounds with this Reverb.
Yeah it certainly looks that way in regards to sound and I agree, very likely to be more than Lossy. I'm with you on hoping it's less than Wow and Vulf, had my eye on those for a while but the price puts me off.
Old 2nd October 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted e71ab78 View Post
Yeah it certainly looks that way in regards to sound and I agree, very likely to be more than Lossy. I'm with you on hoping it's less than Wow and Vulf, had my eye on those for a while but the price puts me off.
You know you can get a 50% Discount if you post something on social media?
That’s how I got those.
Old 2nd October 2018
Deleted e71ab78
Quote:
You know you can get a 50% Discount if you post something on social media?
That’s how I got those.
I thought it was only a youtube vid that they offered that, and had it in the back of my mind to make one at some point. You can just post something on social media as well??

If I can do that I will pick them up for sure, need some goodhertz in my life - thanks for the heads up Pali.
Old 2nd October 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklo View Post
I thought it was only a youtube vid that they offered that, and had it in the back of my mind to make one at some point. You can just post something on social media as well??

If I can do that I will pick them up for sure, need some goodhertz in my life - thanks for the heads up Pali.
I’ve posted something on SoundCloud. Check their policies to this discount, they’re really easy.
Old 2nd October 2018
Deleted e71ab78
Quote:
I’ve posted something on SoundCloud. Check their policies to this discount, they’re really easy.
Cheers I hadn't checked for a while, that's cool it's not just youtube. Might have to do that sometime soon and get a batch of them. Perhaps after this reverb drops!

Signed up to the beta page, look forward to trying it.
Old 3rd October 2018
Gear Maniac

This is a great reverb imho, pretty interesting feature set. I particularly like the Analog LOFI
component and the stereo cross talk seems pretty interesting, although admittedly, I cant hear
too much of what it does to the sound so far. The models are nice, some more adjust-ability
to the individual algos would be welcome. It strike me as more of a creative reverb rather
than a comprehensive one. Megaverb might be a tad over the top in describing it though.

I intend to buy it most likely. On that note, Ghz makes it pretty difficult to maximize your
spending there. If you want to get more than one or two, you definitely want to use
whatever coupons you can get from referrals, promotion or whatever. Their sales are
few and far between as well. Remember that discounts stack together, so you want to take
advantage of that and get as many as you can at once.

-Cheers
Old 15th October 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekbro View Post
This is a great reverb imho, pretty interesting feature set. I particularly like the Analog LOFI
component and the stereo cross talk seems pretty interesting, although admittedly, I cant hear
too much of what it does to the sound so far. The models are nice, some more adjust-ability
to the individual algos would be welcome. It strike me as more of a creative reverb rather
than a comprehensive one. Megaverb might be a tad over the top in describing it though.

I intend to buy it most likely. On that note, Ghz makes it pretty difficult to maximize your
spending there. If you want to get more than one or two, you definitely want to use
whatever coupons you can get from referrals, promotion or whatever. Their sales are
few and far between as well. Remember that discounts stack together, so you want to take
advantage of that and get as many as you can at once.

-Cheers
Glad you're liking it so far! We're adding a bit more control to the models in the next beta (should go out sometime this week). Also, we'll have a full manual with this beta that should hopefully clear up exactly what the crosstalk control does (lots of other testers had the same confusion, but once you know what it's doing it's very obvious).

Megaverb was definitely intended to be a pretty specific sound, not a do-everything reverb. The "mega" part is more of a reference to the 1980's and to it being well-suited to making huge reverb clouds and ambiences.
Old 15th October 2018
Lives for gear

I use Goodhertz Midside in pretty much every project. Fantastic plug-in. The non-skeuomorphic user interfaces of Goodhertz plug-ins are among the very best designs available on the market, IMHO.
Old 16th October 2018
Deleted e71ab78
Quote:
Originally Posted by devinkerr View Post
Glad you're liking it so far! We're adding a bit more control to the models in the next beta (should go out sometime this week). Also, we'll have a full manual with this beta that should hopefully clear up exactly what the crosstalk control does (lots of other testers had the same confusion, but once you know what it's doing it's very obvious).

Megaverb was definitely intended to be a pretty specific sound, not a do-everything reverb. The "mega" part is more of a reference to the 1980's and to it being well-suited to making huge reverb clouds and ambiences.
Great I look forward to trying it out on this round of beta testing. I just picked up lossy and Faraday Limiter and they are both excellent, the verb on lossy is very nice.
Old 16th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinkerr
next beta (should go out sometime this week)
Excellent cant wait, Ghz is one of my favorite developers. 2 more plugins and I will have them all, well 3 now including Megaverb.
Old 17th October 2018
Gear Addict

Hey Goodhertz NKS support would really make sense!
Old 17th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Where do you find the discount policies? (thanks)
Old 17th October 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Hey Goodhertz NKS support would really make sense!
We've been looking into it but don't have any firm plans quite yet.
Old 17th October 2018
Lives for gear
Full disclaimer: beta-tester here. Fantastic reverb really. Modes C & D were instant-favorites, the "Digital" Lofi fader as well.
Old 17th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyoteous View Post
Where do you find the discount policies? (thanks)
FAQ | Goodhertz, Inc.
Old 18th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks to you and Pali, who responded privately... good to see the developer here, too.

Goodhertzians all around!
Old 18th October 2018
Deleted e71ab78
Quote:
Originally Posted by nil hartman View Post
Full disclaimer: beta-tester here. Fantastic reverb really. Modes C & D were instant-favorites, the "Digital" Lofi fader as well.

Man I can't wait to hear it, so impressed with all their other plugins. I recently got Faraday Limiter, Lossy and Tiltshift. Have now done the social media thing and waiting to try this reverb out, then bag the rest of the ones I'm after with the coupon.

Without going too off topic, Faraday is so nice on the master output, I can't believe it was once free.

One of my favourite developers for sure.
Old 18th October 2018
Lives for gear
@ Eklo : aside from Midside, Tone Control and PanPot, I own them all so yeah, I hear you!

That new one is quite special, you can dial in seconds characteful tones à la Blade Runner, AFX/Squarepusher or My Bloody Valentine (so basically, everything I'm looking for in a reverb). It oozes attitude.

The gate can also be used independently (just set it to wet+dry and turn down the verb's dry/wet to 0), which is ace (I'm a sucker for gates/expanders).

And MV's different enough from the reverb part in Lossy to at least justify a proper test. A different beast than VVV as well, I can see them cohabitating nicely in most of my sessions.

@ devin : is that the kind of pic you expect us to share? BTW, does GS count as a social media? Bazille or Diva into Megaverb > sonic bliss
Attached Thumbnails
Goodhertz Megaverb-img_0647.jpg  
Old 18th October 2018
Deleted e71ab78
@ nil hartman ~ Hello again Nil, I am planning on getting all of them other than those 3 aswell. Tone control is quite tempting tho.

Interesting to hear it's a different beast to VVV, they look totally different on paper. I love Ghz take on everything so although I'll give it a proper demo, I can imagine liking/loving it already.

If your talking about getting the coupon, it's a track you need to post with a link to Ghz settings.. if your talking about something else to do with MegaVerb then carry on good sir.
Old 20th October 2018
Deleted e71ab78
Got the beta this morning.

This is an amazing plugin with a beautiful sound. It sounds exactly as I want reverb to and is so editable without being too deep.

Will purchase it along with the other Ghz plugins I am after without doubt.
Old 21st October 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
@ Eklo : aside from Midside, Tone Control and PanPot, I own them all so yeah, I hear you!

That new one is quite special, you can dial in seconds characteful tones à la Blade Runner, AFX/Squarepusher or My Bloody Valentine (so basically, everything I'm looking for in a reverb). It oozes attitude.

The gate can also be used independently (just set it to wet+dry and turn down the verb's dry/wet to 0), which is ace (I'm a sucker for gates/expanders).

And MV's different enough from the reverb part in Lossy to at least justify a proper test. A different beast than VVV as well, I can see them cohabitating nicely in most of my sessions.

@ devin : is that the kind of pic you expect us to share? BTW, does GS count as a social media? Bazille or Diva into Megaverb > sonic bliss
Ohh, we should add a Blade Runner preset or two — good thinking! Great to hear the vibe/attitude is coming across.

We also just added a dry-only mode for the gate (and some cool pre-verb modes), so you won't even have to set the wet/dry mix to 0% to achieve that effect going forward.

I think GS definitely counts as social media, but we need to hear it (either an audio track or video to qualify).
Old 21st October 2018
Gear Maniac

@ devinkerr

The new version is much more intuitive, particularly in regard to the gate. Speaking of which, would it
make sense to add a flip or invert option? My favorite gate plugin, Unfiltered Audio's G8 has this feature
which I use a lot. The ducking seems like it might possibly be along the same lines, but not quite.
The G8 is also able to route the rejected audio out an aux output, which might be cool here as well.
Maybe it would be cool to be able to use the rejected audio as the internal sidechain too, if that
wouldn't cause it to blow up or anything

Anyway, great stuff

btw: is the manual available with this beta? I am unable to find it.

-Cheers
Old 21st October 2018
Lives for gear
@ devin : there you go! Simple yet explicit example I'd say
Made with beta #1 though.

Ps: link to the wav file (instead of the attached mp3): Dropbox - MV.wav
Attached Thumbnails
Goodhertz Megaverb-.jpg   Goodhertz Megaverb-.jpg  
Attached Files

MV.mp3 (1.53 MB, 2359 views)

Last edited by nil hartman; 21st October 2018 at 09:33 AM.. Reason: wav link
Old 22nd October 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
@ devin : there you go! Simple yet explicit example I'd say
Made with beta #1 though.

Ps: link to the wav file (instead of the attached mp3): Dropbox - MV.wav
Great sounds!! Thanks for posting
Old 22nd October 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
@ devinkerr

The new version is much more intuitive, particularly in regard to the gate. Speaking of which, would it
make sense to add a flip or invert option? My favorite gate plugin, Unfiltered Audio's G8 has this feature
which I use a lot. The ducking seems like it might possibly be along the same lines, but not quite.
The G8 is also able to route the rejected audio out an aux output, which might be cool here as well.
Maybe it would be cool to be able to use the rejected audio as the internal sidechain too, if that
wouldn't cause it to blow up or anything

Anyway, great stuff

btw: is the manual available with this beta? I am unable to find it.

-Cheers
The latest beta (beta #2 ) includes a 'Duck' mode that is an exact inverse of the gate. Interesting idea about the aux output! — we'll look into it.

The latest manual draft is available here: Megaverb by Goodhertz
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search