The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Coming soon... DRONAR Master Edition from Gothic Instruments
Old 22nd August 2018
Gear Head

Software Coming soon... DRONAR Master Edition from Gothic Instruments

Imagine having the power to terrify, thrill or uplift your listeners in just a few seconds…

Having a palette of thousands of raw sounds to mix and match to create highly playable, incredibly rich-sounding textures, atmospheres and pads.

Enter Gothic Instruments Dronar Master Edition – a virtual instrument for the free Kontakt Player (no additional paid-for software required!) that takes the first eight modules of the Dronar product line to a whole new realm.

This huge 50GB collection includes over 2000 presets, all packaged in a new, fast-loading, more efficient engine and powerful features to tweak as little or as much as you want.

Sound designers, TV, film and video game composers, music producers and more will discover tons of creative inspiration for a huge array of styles and themes.

Arriving 4th September, DRONAR Master Edition will be available to buy with the special limited time upgrade options detailed below for existing DRONAR users. Why are we telling you this now? Because our current Gothic Instruments sale could help you to save more in the long run!

Owners of 1-3 Dronar modules – get Master Edition for £199 + extra 20% off with 2 week introductory discount (that's £150 off the full price!)

Owners of 4-6 Dronar modules – get Master Edition for £99 + extra 20% off with 2 week intro discount (£230 off the full price!)

Owners of 7 or more Dronar modules – get Master Edition for just £9.95! (£299 off the full price!)

Top up your collection in our current up to 40% off sale to ensure you qualify for the best possible discount when the 4th September arrives! Qualifying modules may either have been purchased separately or in a bundle.

Don’t own any Dronar titles?

The Master Edition will be available for the special introductory price of £247 upon release. Buy the DRONAR Bundle now at the current sale price of £202 and you’ll only need to pay £9.95 for the Master Edition in September!

Or buy the Gothic Instruments Complete Bundle now at the current sale price of just £251 and you’ll get all 9 Dronar and 4 Sculptor titles plus you’ll only need to pay £9.95 for the Master Edition upon release.

Got questions? Get in touch with a call, email or chat to us online!

Look out for more Master Edition details coming soon!
Old 7th September 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time+Space View Post
Imagine having the power to terrify, thrill or uplift your listeners in just a few seconds…

Having a palette of thousands of raw sounds to mix and match to create highly playable, incredibly rich-sounding textures, atmospheres and pads.

Enter Gothic Instruments Dronar Master Edition – a virtual instrument for the free Kontakt Player (no additional paid-for software required!) that takes the first eight modules of the Dronar product line to a whole new realm.

This huge 50GB collection includes over 2000 presets, all packaged in a new, fast-loading, more efficient engine and powerful features to tweak as little or as much as you want.

Sound designers, TV, film and video game composers, music producers and more will discover tons of creative inspiration for a huge array of styles and themes.

Arriving 4th September, DRONAR Master Edition will be available to buy with the special limited time upgrade options detailed below for existing DRONAR users. Why are we telling you this now? Because our current Gothic Instruments sale could help you to save more in the long run!

Owners of 1-3 Dronar modules – get Master Edition for £199 + extra 20% off with 2 week introductory discount (that's £150 off the full price!)

Owners of 4-6 Dronar modules – get Master Edition for £99 + extra 20% off with 2 week intro discount (£230 off the full price!)

Owners of 7 or more Dronar modules – get Master Edition for just £9.95! (£299 off the full price!)

Top up your collection in our current up to 40% off sale to ensure you qualify for the best possible discount when the 4th September arrives! Qualifying modules may either have been purchased separately or in a bundle.

Don’t own any Dronar titles?

The Master Edition will be available for the special introductory price of £247 upon release. Buy the DRONAR Bundle now at the current sale price of £202 and you’ll only need to pay £9.95 for the Master Edition in September!

Or buy the Gothic Instruments Complete Bundle now at the current sale price of just £251 and you’ll get all 9 Dronar and 4 Sculptor titles plus you’ll only need to pay £9.95 for the Master Edition upon release.

Got questions? Get in touch with a call, email or chat to us online!

Look out for more Master Edition details coming soon!
Hey T&S,
was just wondering something, comparing my seperate Dronar Releases with my Master Edition, did Gothic's last single release 09 Glitchscapes not make it into the Master Edition? It's keeping me from throwing away my old Gothic Libs at the moment. The nkx files in the ME sample lib stop at "8 Metal and Glass" and my total installed ME folder size is 30.9 GB for 2333 items.
Thanks for any clarity on this.

Cheers and great job on the Mothership!
Peter

Last edited by schmeete; 8th September 2018 at 09:08 AM..
Old 8th September 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeete View Post
Hey T&S,
was just wondering something, comparing my seperate Dronar Releases with my Master Edition, did Gothic's last single release 09 Glitchscapes not make it into the Master Edition? It's keeping me from throwing away my old Gothic Libs at the moment. The nkx files in the ME sample lib stop at "8 Metal and Glass" and my total installed ME folder size is 30.9 GB for 2333 items.
Thanks for any clarity on this.

Cheers and great job on the Mothership!
Peter
Hi Peter

That's correct, the Master Edition had already been sent off to NI for coding by the time Glitchscapes was released. The original plan was 8 DRONARs, then the Master Edition, followed by further DRONAR modules (starting with Glitchscapes) but because the Master Edn took longer than expected, Gothic Instruments decided to release Glitchscapes in the meantime. There have been a lot of customers asking if the first 8 DRONARs will be updated with the faster engine - this is currently being decided but will take a few months to develop and release the updates. In the meantime, it is planned that there will be a Master Edition 2 (maybe this time next year) which will incorporate any additional DRONARs released between now and then. Of course, there will be discounts for existing customers. I hope that helps and that the Master Edition will bring you plenty of inspiration!

Time+Space
Old 10th September 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time+Space View Post
Hi Peter

That's correct, the Master Edition had already been sent off to NI for coding by the time Glitchscapes was released. The original plan was 8 DRONARs, then the Master Edition, followed by further DRONAR modules (starting with Glitchscapes) but because the Master Edn took longer than expected, Gothic Instruments decided to release Glitchscapes in the meantime. There have been a lot of customers asking if the first 8 DRONARs will be updated with the faster engine - this is currently being decided but will take a few months to develop and release the updates. In the meantime, it is planned that there will be a Master Edition 2 (maybe this time next year) which will incorporate any additional DRONARs released between now and then. Of course, there will be discounts for existing customers. I hope that helps and that the Master Edition will bring you plenty of inspiration!

Time+Space
Thanks for clearing that up, which brings me to my final question. All presets and bonus presets from 1-8 are to be found in the ME snapshot menu I presume, so is it safe to trash Dronar 1-8 and just keep Dronar 09 alongside my Dronar ME? If yes, when I open up old sessions with Dronar 1-8, is Dronar ME backwards compatible once I relocate the samples to the ME directory?

Thanks for clarifying these last two questions.
Regards
Peter
Old 10th September 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeete View Post
Thanks for clearing that up, which brings me to my final question. All presets and bonus presets from 1-8 are to be found in the ME snapshot menu I presume, so is it safe to trash Dronar 1-8 and just keep Dronar 09 alongside my Dronar ME? If yes, when I open up old sessions with Dronar 1-8, is Dronar ME backwards compatible once I relocate the samples to the ME directory?

Thanks for clarifying these last two questions.
Regards
Peter
Sadly there was no way for Gothic Instruments to make Snapshot presets forward or backward compatible with the Modules, and no way to make .nki presets compatible either.

Because of the very high number of basic articulation presets in the Live Strings Module which can easily be accessed instead via the Sounds page, and the time-consuming manual conversion process they didn’t include those in the Master Edition. Otherwise all presets have been maintained from the modules to the Master Edition.

Personally we’d recommend keeping the modules just in case you might need to open an old project.

Regards

Time+Space
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search