The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Stam Audio - SA4000 MK2
Old 11th February 2020
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowSkullStudio View Post
Wait until you finally get it and find out there’s something wrong with it. That’s the best part!
Fortunately that doesn't happen. All units leave in perfect working condition and with a 48 hours burn

Any issues that could arise in shipment which is by now less than 0.4% of the units we ship is quickly dealt by our kind and professional engineers at our expense, shipping included.

We are the only company in the world doing this kind of work and going the extra mile and Yes, it took long, yes, it is extremely challenging to make by hand and yes, it's worth the wait.

Last edited by joshuanaconda; 11th February 2020 at 11:10 PM..
Old 12th February 2020
Hey Josh, is that what we have to do to get you to answer a question? Just make a joke about your company? You should ignore those and answer the questions that matter. I asked if you have ANY updates on the modded units. I don’t care if you’re gonna tell us that now every modded unit will be delivered in July or they are shippig out in two weeks. All I want is yet another update please.
Old 12th February 2020
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili_Filizzola View Post
Hey Josh, is that what we have to do to get you to answer a question? Just make a joke about your company? You should ignore those and answer the questions that matter. I asked if you have ANY updates on the modded units. I don’t care if you’re gonna tell us that now every modded unit will be delivered in July or they are shippig out in two weeks. All I want is yet another update please.
Make a joke? I am sorry but I don't follow

Modded units begin shipping in a few days. We are burning a big batch.

If you want an update on your place in line or an estimated shipping date it's best you contact [email protected] as I don't have your specific information but the girls will gladly help you.
Old 12th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
Make a joke? I am sorry but I don't follow

Modded units begin shipping in a few days. We are burning a big batch.

If you want an update on your place in line or an estimated shipping date it's best you contact [email protected] as I don't have your specific information but the girls will gladly help you.
Thanks Josh! That’s all I wanted man. You give too much time to people mocking/offending you and not enough to the people who have deposited money. As for email to get my place in line, I have emailed 3 different times. Everytime I get the same reply, “I see you ordered a nee modded unit, we’re sorry for the delay” and my place in line is completely ignored so I gave up.
Old 16th February 2020
Company Rep
Quote:
Thanks Josh! That’s all I wanted man. You give too much time to people mocking/offending you and not enough to the people who have deposited money. As for email to get my place in line, I have emailed 3 different times. Everytime I get the same reply, “I see you ordered a nee modded unit, we’re sorry for the delay” and my place in line is completely ignored so I gave up.
I will see what is up. I did instruct letting them know places in line but will review this gain
Old 25th February 2020
Here for the gear

Sent an email asking about my 2 orders (1 SA4000 MkII, 1 SA4000 EQ), and within 15 minutes I got an invoice for my compressor. Any word on the SA4000 EQ yet?
Old 25th February 2020
Gear Addict

Looking forward to hearing the Sa-4000mkII w British Mod!

Last edited by SHIRK; 26th February 2020 at 08:32 PM..
Old 25th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos351 View Post
Sent an email asking about my 2 orders (1 SA4000 MkII, 1 SA4000 EQ), and within 15 minutes I got an invoice for my compressor. Any word on the SA4000 EQ yet?
Awesome! When did you guys order it?
Old 25th February 2020
I received my invoice, too. Ordered on July 24, 2018, the day it was announced here. Post # 5 of this thread.

My invoice was $200.00 too high... no "first 100" discount. It was corrected with one email. Mistakes can happen. Kudos to Stam for resolving it so quickly.
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Maniac

That's odd... I placed my order the same day it was announced, but no invoice yet...
Old 26th February 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Awesome! When did you guys order it?
I ordered mine on August 24 2019.
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
So I guess place in line doesn't mean a damn thing.
Old 26th February 2020
Quote:
Mod or no mod?
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Addict

I've ordered it with the API mod on July 25 2018 (i.e., one day after announcement), haven't heard a thing yet, FWIW
Old 26th February 2020
Company Rep
Contacto [email protected] please

I am not shipping API MODS (only a few) nor Standards right now. Only Neve MODS

The girls are manually sending a batch of invoices so yours could be within the same one and just get it a few hours later or the day after.

We are respecting the first reserved first served.

The next batch of Standards is in 2 weeks with more API MODS
Old 27th February 2020
Here for the gear

I'd like to add some balanced Stam Audio/SA4000MKII feedback for my fellow musicians, engineers, producers.

Good news - I can confirm some MKII's have been shipped as I got one in Dec 2019 after paying a deposit in Aug 2018.
I was initially impressed - certainly some improvement on my Waves SSL plug-in.

Bad news – the VU meter glass was dusty on the inside, not ideal but no biggie. Although, within a few days an intermittent fault started to occur when 'booting up' and the unit would need to be turned off and then back on to function. During which, the VU would show 4/5 dB of gain reduction despite no signal passing through. When in this ‘frozen’ state, a signal would not pass through the unit. To be fair, the unit always functioned once turned back on but then that’s not really what you want from a new piece of kit is it.
Anyhow, I was reluctantly happy to live with it as returning it seemed like a lot of potential aggravation.
But I then decided to test the unit with a test tone and found fluctuating left and right output levels when blending wet/dry signal. It was, therefore, completely unusable as far as I was concerned. As the first fault was intermittent I didn’t want it ‘repaired’ but wanted a full refund as promised on Stam’s website. Also, the fact that the repairs offered were only guaranteed for 30 days really didn’t instil much confidence either.

Further bad news – the whole process of returning has been unnecessarily hard work. Joshua attempted at least twice to convince me to get the unit repaired and suggested I was mad to want to return it. He was clearly affronted at being told one of his products didn’t work correctly. He also called me ‘difficult’ at one point. I was actually as congenial & professional throughout of course as I was very concerned I got my $860 back. I had to push the process through every stage from beginning to end. I am in the UK and first I was to send it back to the U.S., then Paris and finally Italy. On safe arrival in Italy, I again had to chase Stam to find out how the refund process would work. No information was volunteered at any point in the process unless chased for.

Further good news - fortunately the engineer in receipt of the unit was professional and honest and in no uncertain terms told Joshua the unit was ‘of course faulty’ so it turned out not to be ‘user error’ as Joshua had tried to imply in an earlier email.
I have also finally been fully refunded so thumbs up to Stam for that.

An acknowledgement of the fault and maybe an apology for selling me a faulty unit and the hassle and wasted time would have been great but I’ve had no such word from Joshua. Shame really.

I didn’t mind the poor communication and long wait for the unit as it clearly appears to be the Stam ‘model’ and whilst receiving a faulty unit is tedious I understand this can happen to any manufacturer…especially a small boutique business creaking under the pressure of cash flow, deadlines and lead times etc etc. BUT, the subsequent sub-standard customer service and calling customers ‘difficult’ is NOT cool.
Old 27th February 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceBustyer View Post
I'd like to add some balanced Stam Audio/SA4000MKII feedback for my fellow musicians, engineers, producers.

Good news - I can confirm some MKII's have been shipped as I got one in Dec 2019 after paying a deposit in Aug 2018.

Bad news – the VU meter glass was dusty on the inside, not ideal but no biggie. Although, within a few days an intermittent fault started to occur when 'booting up' and the unit would need to be turned off and then back on to function. During which, the VU would show 4/5 dB of gain reduction despite no signal passing through. When in this ‘frozen’ state, a signal would not pass through the unit. To be fair, the unit always functioned once turned back on but then that’s not really what you want from a new piece of kit is it.
Anyhow, I was reluctantly happy to live with it as returning it seemed like a lot of potential aggravation.
But I then decided to test the unit with a test tone and found fluctuating left and right output levels when blending wet/dry signal. It was, therefore, completely unusable as far as I was concerned. As the first fault was intermittent I didn’t want it ‘repaired’ but wanted a full refund as promised on Stam’s website. Also, the fact that the repairs offered were only guaranteed for 30 days really didn’t instil much confidence either.

Further bad news – the whole process of returning has been unnecessarily hard work. Joshua attempted at least twice to convince me to get the unit repaired and suggested I was mad to want to return it. He was clearly affronted at being told one of his products didn’t work correctly. He also called me ‘difficult’ at one point. I was actually as congenial & professional throughout of course as I was very concerned I got my $860 back. I had to push the process through every stage from beginning to end. I am in the UK and first I was to send it back to the U.S., then Paris and finally Italy. On safe arrival in Italy, I again had to chase Stam to find out how the refund process would work. No information was volunteered at any point in the process unless chased for.

Further good news - fortunately the engineer in receipt of the unit was professional and honest and in no uncertain terms told Joshua the unit was ‘of course faulty’ so it turned out not to be ‘user error’ as Joshua had tried to imply in an earlier email.

An acknowledgement of the fault and maybe an apology for selling me a faulty unit and the hassle and wasted time would have been great but I’ve had no such word from Joshua. Shame really.

I didn’t mind the poor communication and long wait for the unit as it clearly appears to be the Stam ‘model’ and whilst receiving a faulty unit is tedious I understand this can happen to any manufacturer…especially a small boutique business creaking under the pressure of cash flow, deadlines and lead times etc etc. BUT, the subsequent sub-standard customer service and calling customers ‘difficult’ is NOT cool.
Thanks for the helpful summary.

It's not surprising though, because I am experiencing a quite similar situation.

One question though: Did you end up eating the taxes and import duties although the unit stays in the EU and is probabaly going to be sold again?

Thanks
Old 27th February 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco View Post

It's not surprising though, because I am experiencing a quite similar situation.

One question though: Did you end up eating the taxes and import duties although the unit stays in the EU and is probabaly going to be sold again?

Thanks
Sorry to hear that.
Exactly, Stam never offered the option of returning back to them and therefore back out of the EU. I am not sure if it means I can or can't claim the duty back but will look into it. To be honest I was more concerned about the $860 in the first instance. Maybe it'll be easier to just put it down to experience and never buy anything from Stam again!?
Old 27th February 2020
Lives for gear

That's a classic Stam move.

Something similar happened to me as well. Unfortunately it's getting pretty common hear about defective units.

Anyway, I bet I'll be kicked out this thread as well and this post deleted like he did on other threads.
Old 27th February 2020
Gear Maniac

What is your situation Monaco? 3 of the 4 Stam pieces I received had some kind of issue out the gate, but luckily nothing as bad as has been reported about this one. I eventually took refunds for the SA4000MKII and Pultec deposits I had down when I started to see that it was probably too much of a risk to take on these new units. It seems like my intuition was probably correct. I also lost a little money because I had to pay PayPal fees, but felt it was probably worth learning that lesson in the end vs the uncertainty of having units that may or may not hold up over time or arrive in proper condition.
Old 28th February 2020
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
That's a classic Stam move.

Something similar happened to me as well. Unfortunately it's getting pretty common hear about defective units.

Anyway, I bet I'll be kicked out this thread as well and this post deleted like he did on other threads.
You again? Like he did? I didn't know I had the ability to delete messages from toll. I would certainly do so if I could!

Check the forums buddy. The only thing that is getting common recently is the 5 star reviews everywhere on our hard work.

Can't believe you still have time to continue trolling.

Last edited by joshuanaconda; 28th February 2020 at 06:35 PM..
Old 28th February 2020
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by maldenfilms View Post
What is your situation Monaco? 3 of the 4 Stam pieces I received had some kind of issue out the gate, but luckily nothing as bad as has been reported about this one. I eventually took refunds for the SA4000MKII and Pultec deposits I had down when I started to see that it was probably too much of a risk to take on these new units. It seems like my intuition was probably correct. I also lost a little money because I had to pay PayPal fees, but felt it was probably worth learning that lesson in the end vs the uncertainty of having units that may or may not hold up over time or arrive in proper condition.
Sorry you had some issues
However, numbers don't lie
We have as of today less than 0.5% failure rate on my units.

I ship 200 pieces (some months up to 250 pieces) monthly. You hear about 2 cases every now and then and suddenly it's risky to buy my products. People that complain will always complain and people that are happy almost never leave reviews. I have thousands upon thousands happy clients that don't come on here.

My QC is flawless. Not a single unit leaves my lab without a 48 hours burn and being checked by 5 different engineers. Yes. 5 of them.

Whatever happens after, during transit or a part going bad is something unusual and something I can't control.

That is when the warranty kicks in and we cover the bill should anything happen.

What is wrong with our protocol?

Nothing.
Old 28th February 2020
Here for the gear
Iam happy with my 1073 and if iam happy with my sa 4000 mkII i will write it here in this Forum
I paid the invoice yesterday
Old 28th February 2020
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceBustyer View Post

I find your comments of extremely bade taste and I will explain why.

First of all let's clarify that you did not receive a defective unit and that you were extremely impressed with it (your words). The unit developed an issue within 30 days of use. We did not ship you a faulty unit.

1) Yes, your unit presented an issue and we directed you to the nearest engineer point. It was a bit messy cause we just changed to a new one and it took as while to get the new address and confirmation. Normally this process is fast and units are returned within 3 working days.

2) Yes, I tried to pursue you to have it fixed and returned to you as it's a magical unit and the only bus compressor in the world with DBX's inside and I am very proud of my work and still think is a mistake to return it but fair enough. My apologies for being passionate about my work

3) Repairs are guaranteed for 1 to 2 years depending on product. Not 30 days. You have 30 days to return a unit if you don't like it or it's faulty. Smart twist here on your side. Any Stam unit that fails within warranty is repaired for free including parts. I have been doing it this way for 8 years.

4) You did not have to chase a refund when the unit arrived in Italy. I was waiting to hear from Carlo and his confirmation upon inspection. We are so transparent that you were copied on that email. As soon as he confirmed, as is normal protocol, we proceed with the refund and communication was fluent with you at all times. Neither me or the girls ever left you in the dark.

5) I never implied user error. It is standard protocol to confirm this
Below my email to Carlo on which you were copied:

"Could you kindly confirm the unit was returned in it's original packaging, unmarked and in new condition? Could you please also confirm it was actually malfunctioning and no user error occurred?
Based on this info I can refund Neil"

6) I apologized not once but three times to you over email, I quote an email to you "I am sad but I will of course help in any way and be fair about it. Really sorry it had an issue "

I am sorry it didn't workout for you.

Last edited by joshuanaconda; 28th February 2020 at 06:33 PM..
Old 28th February 2020
Here for the gear

I’m looking forward to receiving my Stam Audio SA4000 mkii personally. Hoping there aren’t any issues, but we’ll have to wait and see I suppose.
Old 28th February 2020
Gear Maniac

Got my invoice btw. Paid today. Hopefully this will ship next week sometime!
Old 28th February 2020
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco View Post

Thanks
What are you experiencing?
Old 28th February 2020
Company Rep
Quote:
I’m looking forward to receiving my Stam Audio SA4000 mkii personally. Hoping there aren’t any issues, but we’ll have to wait and see I suppose.
There wont be any issues
Everything that gets out of the lab is tested 5 times
If anything arises during shipment or within the warranty period after we will fix for free for you.

Many customers can testify this is how we operate and have always done the same.
Old 28th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by McWreckinBall View Post
Got my invoice btw. Paid today. Hopefully this will ship next week sometime!
Mod or no mod and when did you order?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoltap View Post
Mod or no mod and when did you order?
Neve Mod. I ordered it first day it was announced!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search