The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Stam Audio - SA4000 MK2
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by szyam View Post
was there a mod option for the 4000eq? I don't remember seeing that...
Not on the website, but in the update email he mentions that like the SA4000mk2, it’s an option.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos351 View Post
Not on the website, but in the update email he mentions that like the SA4000mk2, it’s an option.
Ah ok cool, I didn't see that. I'm going to try to get more info on it. I'm pretty happy with the unit as described but am curious if the mod's are still available, and what the details are... cheers
Old 4 weeks ago
Company Rep
There is the same MOD for the 4000 EQ
British or American
I have not listed on the site, clients received an email from us
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
British or American
would it cost $200 like 4000 MKII mod ?
Old 4 weeks ago
mp3
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ori9inal View Post
would it cost $200 like 4000 MKII mod ?
I was quoted a price of $250.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
British or American
OK cool thanks Josh,

I'm definitely a customer, maybe one of the first as I put down a deposit on the 2nd or 3rd day it was offered. But the email I use for my paypal was full for a little bit while I was traveling and I did miss some emails...

I just emailed Camila, I want to make sure the invoice to pay wasn't sent out as I could have missed that, and I'm looking forward to this piece!

I asked for the info on the mod too, however if you'd like to add them to this thread too thats cool. I think we're just talking about adding a button that engages a transformer or op amp in the signal right?
Old 4 weeks ago
I'm curious, has anybody received an SA4000-mkII yet? On Sep 9, I got an email from Josh saying he started shipping them in August, and I quote from the email, "absolute latest and last units on the 25th of November" From this thread, I get the feeling none have shipped. I'm also getting the impression that they have run into problems building the replica DBX vca, and have not been able to solve the issue.
Old 4 weeks ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by evoltap View Post
I'm curious, has anybody received an SA4000-mkII yet? On Sep 9, I got an email from Josh saying he started shipping them in August, and I quote from the email, "absolute latest and last units on the 25th of November" From this thread, I get the feeling none have shipped. I'm also getting the impression that they have run into problems building the replica DBX vca, and have not been able to solve the issue.
Hello!
We have had no issue with the DBX replica built
Many have shipped, hopefully some will chime in here to leave reviews
Working on another 100 pieces right now
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Hello!
Thanks Josh, good to know. Does it set back delivery at all if I were to add on a transformer mod to my order?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Hello!
Hi Josh,
what is the price for 4000 EQ mod ?

I didn't receive the mail or maybe it was deleted from my spam folder
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Been Looking for a g comp and came across Stam Audio SA4000 mk2, then as always doing my research through goggle I found this thread
and WOW
I went through most pages to get an idea of the timeline and wow
Would love to order one but
when will I get it?
Did anyone get anything yet?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by REMIXER31 View Post
Been Looking for a g comp and came across Stam Audio SA4000 mk2, then as always doing my research through goggle I found this thread
and WOW
when will I get it?
Allegedly some people have. I've been waiting close to a year, dates always get pushed back. I'm sure I'll get it one day, you might too. Only one way to find out.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by REMIXER31 View Post
and WOW
when will I get it?
I’ve been waiting for mine for around 14 months. I’m a very patient guy and have a lot of other fun compressors in my studio, so I’m cool with the wait. I did just confirm with Stam Audio that I’m one of the first 50 units that was preordered and I’ll be getting mine in the next 2-3 weeks. I’ll post back here with pics once I receive mine
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by basic View Post
Allegedly some people have. I've been waiting close to a year, dates always get pushed back. I'm sure I'll get it one day, you might too. Only one way to find out.
I hear ya,,,,but the not knowing a delivery date and the option of things always happening and changing are kind of crazy
I mean a cpl months ,,, yeah ok
a cpl more ,,,, ok things happen
but
close to a year .... I dont know if thats kool
I read on one of the pages they offered a %50 discount but didnt read the rest of the outcome

I know and I get the business model and it can get dicey

What I like is that they are not running away and confronting the issues as they are trying to be diplomatic about it which is kool but some things are questionable

Im actually rooting for them to succeed
but the waiting game sucks

Im gonna try to reach out to them and find out a timeline from order date
Im updating my studio and I would hate to be waiting for something Im gonna depend on as im looking for very lil down time

fingers crossed
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

If it's something you plan on depending on you should pay a few more bucks and look elsewhere. With Stam you will wait and wait some more. And they will get back to you, but their timelines hold no gravity.
Their bus comps sound good however, I own the SA4000 Mk1. The Mk two has been even longer to get than the mk1 was, I plan to keep waiting but it is a bit ridiculous.
For future online order of anything I plan on paying with PayPal and if I see the 6 month refund window drawing near I'm just going to go that route instead.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

If you want Stam products, you have two options.

Buy third party: https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=%22stam%20audio%22
who jack the prices up.

Or, pre-order and wait a long time. You'll get it cheaper and they have a reputation for quality. Buyers would not put up with the long waits if quality was subpar. May as well just buy a Warm Audio unit instead of waiting.

Stam units have magic. They are one of the top 3 cloning companies out there. Josh does his research, develops and does not skimp on parts that matter.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
I was a third Party buyer
Now i am a waiter
Old 3 weeks ago
mp3
Lives for gear

Stam customers are either frugal, discerning, and patient or frugal, discerning, and impatient. Best for your own sanity to be the former. Cheap, good, fast; pick two. It does take a bit of a leap of faith, especially as that 6-month dispute window approaches (and then passes lol), but they have yet to rip anybody off. So there’s that.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
If you want Stam products, you have two options.

Buy third party: https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=%22stam%20audio%22
who jack the prices up.

Or, pre-order and wait a long time. You'll get it cheaper and they have a reputation for quality. Buyers would not put up with the long waits if quality was subpar. May as well just buy a Warm Audio unit instead of waiting.

Stam units have magic. They are one of the top 3 cloning companies out there. Josh does his research, develops and does not skimp on parts that matter.
who are the other 2 in the top3 .. just curious
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling View Post
who are the other 2 in the top3 .. just curious
I would say that Audioscape belongs in the top 3. I own the Buss Comp by them and it’s fantastic. I’m curious to see what doom64 has rounding out the other two spots in the top 3
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Audioscape, ProReplica, Capi, AML pick two
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Im gonna start with one unit
I do House Music / Dance / Pop
recently on Billboard and in consideration for Grammy.
Curious to hear everyone's thoughts on the Mod, Which one would you go with for the SA4000 MK2?
its a shame I wish he had stock on units, I would buy a cpl but Im redoing my setup/studio and I cant afford the downtime due to the work I got lined up
Im really rooting for him and his company but in all my years I dont think Ive seen a company with this level of issues on production with such a high demand and ppl still wait after the fact.
this only proves one thing,,,, QUALITY IS FIRST PRIORITY

I think his units will be around for a long time,,,,

till next time
yall stay safe !
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
I choose the neve mod with sowter output
I allready own a api 2500 and a fatso wich are my only Compressors
So i think they can compliment each other
I really love my 1073 with sowter from Stam
The Neve mod suits for Bass and api more for drums i think
Old 3 weeks ago
Based on the last shipping update maybe any day now we should be seeing/hearing some tests of the MK2
Old 3 weeks ago
I'm waiting over a year for a Mk2 bus comp. I'm in the first 100 buyers club. I'm about to tap out and go with another company. I was rooting for these guys, but the turn around time is quite frankly pathetic. I feel bad, but at the same time, i don't...I'm not the one making promises I can't keep. It is what it is.
Old 3 weeks ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by engmix View Post
I'm waiting over a year for a Mk2 bus comp. I'm in the first 100 buyers club. I'm about to tap out and go with another company. I was rooting for these guys, but the turn around time is quite frankly pathetic. I feel bad, but at the same time, i don't...I'm not the one making promises I can't keep. It is what it is.
First 100 will be completed between now and Christmas
Many reviews should be going online this week

I would not advice going with another company for this particular product
Nobody else in the world makes it with the DBX 202C replica and Elma Silmic capacitors. However, if somebody can put some original cans for you in their unit then of course I recommend that as well, there are plenty of guys out there that can make you an accurate replicate provided they use those cans

I am sorry you feel my turn around time is pathetic, we work our buts off hand soldering every unit for days to give our clients something nobody else will. I understand your frustration but since we are almost at your turn I would stick with it

You are really going to enjoy this
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:

I would not advice going with another company for this particular product
Nobody else in the world makes it with the DBX 202C replica and Elma Silmic capacitors. However, if somebody can put some original cans for you in their unit then of course I recommend that as well, there are plenty of guys out there that can make you an accurate replicate provided they use those cans

I am sorry you feel my turn around time is pathetic, we work our buts off hand soldering every unit for days to give our clients something nobody else will. I understand your frustration but since we are almost at your turn I would stick with it

You are really going to enjoy this
I have no reason to believe you in regards to your newly revised shipping dates. You've missed every single other one. That's on you, Josh, and although I appreciate your owning up to this fact, you have to admit why I would have no reason to believe you in this particular circumstance.

I appreciate your touting that your compressor will beat all others, I have no reason not to believe this. The reason I pre-purchased the unit was exactly for the same reasons that you're speaking about. As a hopeful customer, I'm giving you guys till the end of the Christmas Holidays to make good on your delivery claim. This will be past a year of waiting...

Many people do not realize the true definition of the word "Pathetic." It's usage is related to feeling pity or bad for someone.

I'm sure the tough-guy in you and the thought of someone pitying you doesn't sit all that well, and I'm sure you're probably inclined to defend yourself. Might I suggest that the best form of defense and success in this situation would be to get your fkn shyt together, finish the units, and let your gear speak for itself. I'll be the first in line to not only apologize for pushing you, but for saying the wait was worth it.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
That's really disappointing, because your last statement was this (3 weeks ago):

Quote:
All SA4000 will be delivered between this week and December
We are pumping them out as fast as we can but the DBX's are extremely slow to match and make
We made a gamble on making this unit a true vintage replica.
So no SA4000 for me this year... Waiting for 15 months already now.
Old 3 weeks ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by engmix View Post
I have no reason to believe you in regards to your newly revised shipping dates. You've missed every single other one. That's on you, Josh, and although I appreciate your owning up to this fact, you have to admit why I would have no reason to believe you in this particular circumstance.

I appreciate your touting that your compressor will beat all others, I have no reason not to believe this. The reason I pre-purchased the unit was exactly for the same reasons that you're speaking about. As a hopeful customer, I'm giving you guys till the end of the Christmas Holidays to make good on your delivery claim. This will be past a year of waiting...

Many people do not realize the true definition of the word "Pathetic." It's usage is related to feeling pity or bad for someone.

I'm sure the tough-guy in you and the thought of someone pitying you doesn't sit all that well, and I'm sure you're probably inclined to defend yourself. Might I suggest that the best form of defense and success in this situation would be to get your fkn shyt together, finish the units, and let your gear speak for itself. I'll be the first in line to not only apologize for pushing you, but for saying the wait was worth it.
I have no intention of defend myself. I am passed that point.
This is the first week in over a month that we have been able to work normally, that workers can come in, that every underground station and buses are not on fire.

I don't need to get my act together. I have been working 18 hour days since I fell behind on production and I intend to continue at this rate until all orders are up to date.

You are correct. You don't have to believe me or the newly revised dates and we hope you can enjoy the work but otherwise we will refund you in a timely manner.

Thanks
Old 3 weeks ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by acurabeats View Post
That's really disappointing, because your last statement was this (3 weeks ago):

So no SA4000 for me this year... Waiting for 15 months already now.
It is. We wished things were different but they are not
Send me PM if you can please to check what your place in line is
Thank you and my apologies.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search